John Stabb, vocals of the Hardcore Punk band Government Issue, just passed away

John Stabb, vocals of the Hardcore Punk band Government Issue, just passed away.

Hardcore Punk thread? What are your favorite hardcore punk bands both new and old. Straightedge, afro-punk, feminist-punk, anything here.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/file/d/0BxRl6cNhfPsyM2FXYTFCSkRHY0E/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

afropunk is a disgrace to anything punk related
same with feminist punk

k

Just heard about this a few hours ago. RIP man.

I've been listening to a lot of lockin out bands lately because I found a zip with their first 35 releases on it. I can post it if anyone is interested

very interested my man, I wish I had more to contribute

>he doesn't like bad brains
:^)

bad brains is great but they never labeled themselves as something retarded as afropunk

Here you go man

docs.google.com/file/d/0BxRl6cNhfPsyM2FXYTFCSkRHY0E/edit

Literally every release on here is good. I'll be back in this thread in a bit to post some more recent stuff.

That's really sad. Government Issue are probably amongst the most underrated Hardcore Punk bands. I didn't even know he had cancer.

I didn't realise how much he looked like Steve Albini when he got older.

>labeling yourself as a genre
Do you even know how music works
>retarded
at least we know your age now

Thanks so much my man!

Bad brains did not label themselves as anything. They didn't even know they we're a punk band until someone told them.

exactly my point

Hatebreed is a good hardcore punk band

Sucks
"Bored to Death" was my jam
Rip in peace

Opinions on these guys?

I didn't like them at first but after I heard their older stuff nonstop feeling grew on me. They put on a really fun live show too. Probably the most energetic I've ever seen.

I love the Saved By The Bell fashion sense they have

Its just the singer but I know what you mean. He looks goofy as fuck but he's a great frontman.

They're great. Check out TUI and angel dust $

RIP weekend nachos. Can't wait for the new album / last shows.

Both of those bands are great. I saw angel dust not too long ago actually. I listen to pretty much every hardcore band from baltimore a this point. IMO it's the hardcore capitol of the 2010s.

Haha yeah I'm just joshing, they're incredible live. I genuinely do love the 90s influences in all seriousness as well.

FUCK AFROPUNK

I rep Reagan Youth

Me too man. They remind me of a madball / RATM combo. I don't know how they made that sound work but they did a great job.

Anyone going?

I wish, that looks fucking killer

Gorilla Biscuits & Youth Of Today. Yes.

Best tour of the summer coming through.