What's good Sup Forums, I had a question for you about power Banks made from 18650 batteries

What's good Sup Forums, I had a question for you about power Banks made from 18650 batteries.

I have about 8-10 spare 18650 batteries I extracted from old Dell batteries, all of them are good to use as they're charging at around ~3.6v. I was wondering if I connected 8 in parallel, would I be able to charge a laptop with the proper boost module?

My hope is to make a small powerbank that will charge with a small solar panel that I have, and use it to charge my macbook.

>small solar panel
>charge 8-10 parallel 18650s

Hope you don't mind waiting a full week for it to charge.

True, thought about that already. I've been planning on building a much bigger solar/turbine charged powerbank in my shed later.

Real question is, if I had a reasonable input, could I charge a laptop with 8 parallel 18650's

Just buy another laptop battery on e-bay. Why risk blowing yourself up with an inferior product?

really depends on how much current they can put out.
Youre sorta saying "I have an extra car that I want to use to fill up my daily drivers car so I dont have to go the the gas station".
I would tell you to just get a second mac batter but something tells me that they are not removable.
This might work. Look into doing something like 4 series 2 parallel and then find a 14.4v to something step up transformer AND a voltage regulator.
If those are the batteries in the picture, 8 cells could get you about 70 watt hours of capacity.
those ones are actually pretty decent

>as they're charging at around ~3.6v

Shouldn't they be getting up to 4.2V?

>mac
Found your problem.

Efest's LUCv4 does 0.5A/1A/ and 2A (two channels)
I would only charge at max 1A but it's nice to know that you have the option.

>power bank
fuck off

>down syndrome
Found your problem.

>an unquenchable thirst for semen
Found your problem.

>i suck cocks
Found your problem.

Why is Linus on the left?

you can charge basically anything with anything as long as the input exceeds the losses in the various circuits as well as the self-discharge loss, just takes different amounts of time

You can buy empty power banks that accept 18650s

for a few seconds there i thought this was a vaping thread
:sad:

>$4.22 on aliexpress

yes

>buy high quality japanese 18650 cells
>put them in cheap chinese charger that will overvolt and detonate them

>nightcore

how is he gonna blow himself up its not hard to add a safe charge circuit to some 18650s desu

why not just buy a product that does this?

they exist

you can get power banks that do 12/16/19V

none will have a macbook plug unless it's USB C one