This is the best mouse ever created. I'm owning my for 8 years now and it still works like on day one

This is the best mouse ever created. I'm owning my for 8 years now and it still works like on day one.

How can other mice even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

watchmono.com/blog-entry-3621.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pROZF9tllXY
ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961
youtube.com/watch?v=wQxw-pX4dak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're lucky, mine kept disconnecting because the USB was poorly soldered or something.
It's a common problem with the G400.

I use it but the face in the back looks scary

yeah this happened to me after 2 years of buying a used one so now i use a rival 100

Found one of these at the garbage dump a few weeks ago, have been using it since.

I have the same mouse for the same amount of time. No issues whatsoever. Works like it did on day one. The mouse is GOAT.

Bullshit. Only persons that abuse their mice had problems.
>muh meme mouse
Into the trash your opinion goes.

Agreed. I only got a new one last year, but I got it Freshman year of High School or something, so, like 9 years ago.

I like my new G900 just as much, though.

Funny, I had one and later a G5 (same shape, better features), and the scroll wheel failed on both of them the same way after a few years. Also had a GOAT Intellimouse 1.1 that did the same thing, so maybe I'm just hard on scroll wheels?

its not bad but ive grown too accustomed to my g600 to ever use anything with less buttons. its a blessing and a curse

sup

>How can other mice even compete?
by being models that start with "g" and "9"

It lasted 5 years for me. Not really the best, but decent quality.

I particularly hated the tiny dpi buttons.

I only upgraded to a mouse with a wheel about a year back. The old 90s one still works fine.

/thread

Can confirm had this one for 5 years. I wanted an original g400, but the g400s was really nice.

I remember Sup Forums obsessing over this mouse awhile back. Thinking about getting a used one for cheap since my Rival 300 is having double clicking issues.

just make sure its a legit one

Is there even a way to tell?

I'm on my second MX518. the 1st one I used for 8 years.

watchmono.com/blog-entry-3621.html
idk if the images will load but open them in a new tab and youll see the difference

How's the Logitech Pro?

I've been putting off buying a new mouse, and I prefer the smoother design like this mouse has.

I've been eyeing the G403 as well, but I like the look of the Pro better.

Dammit forgot pic

I love my g400 but the g403 is without a doubt the perfect mouse for me and I don't intend to ever replace it with something different.

A few clean outs of the internals over the years and mine's still kicking too.
My only problem is Logitech's software seems to like to unload every once and a while. So my buttons and sensitivity change back to the defaults.

I bought MX518 in 2011 and passed it on my brother. Still works like a charm. Currently using Mionix Castor right now, and I absolutely love the design and feel to it.

I'm eyeing G Pro lately, and it seems it's more suitable if you have a small hand. They say that it has the best sensor in the market so take it as you will.

Lift it to your ear user...

What was great about that mouse?

>mouse looks like snek egg
>sssss gaymer be ware

I used to have one. You should just fix it. I was dumb and threw mine away. Now they're like $100+
youtube.com/watch?v=pROZF9tllXY

What are you talking about it being $100?
ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961

they made a successor to the MX518 which was basically the same mouse only slightly improved and different graphic cover. still using it today, mx518 scroll broke after years of abuse (CG software uses scroll click to move camera)

Been using mine for 8-10 years. I've taken it apart and cleaned it multiple times, and I've replaced the feet on the bottom.

Next time I take it apart I'm putting some graphite powder in for the scroll wheel.

I should buy a g400 in case it every breaks like what happened to

>MX518 == G500

what if you never want to worry about carpal tunnel. i plan on being able to still use my hands into my 70's?

>G400 now causes USB ports to lock up
>Switching to a different mouse results in no lock ups
Fuck you logitech

>it's another logishill episode
God I love these episodes

fell for the meme, mine's collecting dust,
I don't like this shape after all, I prefer dsmall ambidextrous mouses

Recently changed from mx518 to pic related, cant really complain as its more comfortable and the scroll wheel is much better.

Do you have small hands by any chance? I never recommend it to people with smaller hands, it's too big and unwieldy.

Been using mine since 9/11/2011

dd/mm/yyyy faggots

This, deathadder blows most other classic "top-tier" mice away.

not the best ever but I really miss this mouse

sup

is there a good mouse that isn't gaymen™ branded?

unless you dont want to use a mouse that looks like it has a childs sticker on it

Looks just like mine. Bought it back when it came out. Still works like a charm, even though it looks a little disgusting by now.

Just buy the G102/203 for better cable. Sensor also good enough.

can confirm, my friend gave me another mouse to try...

the sensor is nowhere as good

fuck you, cooler master

ur a faggot

I switched to my left hand now, but I have a brace for my right

if I start having issues with the left more, I'll use a vertical mouse

the size and shape. it felt perfect. also very accurate for the time it came out.

just turn the leds off, looks nice.

i'm sad that i missed all their early mice. love the designs of them. i used ball mice until 2005 because I was a poor kid.

G400s is very legit but Logitech probably made better too

i used mine for like 9 years until the mouse wheel just couldn't take a final cleaning and started scrolling too stiff in some places and no amount of machine lubrication could fix it.

replaced it with the g903 and i HATE it. logitech can't make a better mouse than the mx518. they should just stop trying.

my logictech G602 have started double clicking after only 7months. Should i bother with warranty or just get another mouse

cm havoc
going strong for 5 years

This bad boy is the shit.

Anyone use the Corsair Sabre?
It's time to replace my Mx518 and as far as I can tell this is the best option.
Not too ugly, same amount of buttons, and relatively cheap.

A real and usable mouse has at least 18 buttons.
And that is the minimum number. Personally I wouldn't consider anything with less than 19 buttons in any occasion.

Fuck off Logitech employee

Guess who can relate g600 brother

still going stong bump

I have one. I prefer the G600 for the extra buttons. I never really saw the appeal of this mouse. It's a great mouse, but nothing about it screams 'best ever' to me. Anyone want to explain?

just buy the G203 it's cheaper and better

its the only part of my computer that has been consistent; the paddles to my ship of ephesus. i've been using this fucking thing since around 2005 and it still works like new. the circular logo piece peeled off a long time ago but who gives a shit. I just replace the feet every few years as needed for like $3. the mx518 was a gift from benevolent aliens at the very least.

Wireless is just as good as wired now. Better in fact since there's zero cable resistance.

been using mine for a couple years, only complaint is the hideous gaymin logo that corsair was trying to force for a while but gave up on

Had mine for nearly 6 years now. No problems whatsoever.

using the g500 (same shape) and can't find a better mouse. i've bought and returned 5-6 mice but nothing compares to this shape. PLEASE logitech bring the shape back!

My g400 started disconnecting after 3 months of light use and i haven't had any other mouse break on me. Go fuck yourself.

I'd use the warranty because your feedback gives them info on reliability. That might motivate them to make better products.

this shit broke in a year. And not only mine. It is very comfortable but I won't fall for the brand meme again. My logitech one is working for 3 years straight.

there will always be signal interference and latency with wireless

>no,This is the best mouse ever created

youtube.com/watch?v=wQxw-pX4dak
~4.3ms total latency (to USB port, not including OS delay).

my monitor is 1ms :~)

Meh, I have one of these. I’d trade it in a heartbeat if I could find a new one of the one in the OP. I think they stopped making them or something.

For reference, the wired Razer mouse in the comparison measured at about 6.9ms latency.

The DPI switch isn't as good as the old one.

Anyone know how to prevent the congealed hand grime from eating away at the black plastic? How much do you have to pay for a logitech mouse that doesn't have that shit plastic?

This is the best mouse.

I just replaced the several months worn-out feet on my g pro with fresh aftermarket hyperglides. I'm having an orgasm from the way it skates over my shidenkai lads.

R8

It was cheap and didn't have an angle snapping sensor

top: 10/10
other 3: shit

So what's the best mouse, comparable to this, that you can get?

This mouse is GOAT

It's literally meme garbage.

I got this used from a friend as an extra mouse when he sold me an extra computer and I've been using it for years after my old one died. Or maybe it got lost moving. I forget.

Been using it for years on top of however long he did.

I got this as a gift and still have it in its box. Maybe if I put together an old PC as a retro gaming rig for my retro game room I'll use it.

I use a corsair scimitar but I've found that I only need 6 buttons or so. is there a better choice?

It would be if the buttons didn't always stop working properly after a year.

This elecom huge I received has a lot of friction. Is this something about trackballs that normally sorts itself out?

had this since guild wars 2 came out
couldn't ask for better, since most other steelseries mice are shit

Naga hex

also it looks fucking awsome

MX518? A G403.
I had a G400 for 5+ years and replaced it with a G203, very pleased with it so far.