What is the most Sup Forums piece of software other than qutebrowser?

What is the most Sup Forums piece of software other than qutebrowser?
Sup Forums approved tech thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3280
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/tree/master/misc/userscripts
github.com/brookhong/Surfingkeys
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/1453#issuecomment-215945898
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Qutebrowser is great but it eats memory like no one's business.

>but it eats memory like no one's business.
?

less so than big browsers like FF and Chrome.

TempleOS

Can confirm. It's basically the reason why I ended switching back to FF

>Autism thread

Chrono Trigger is 10x better. Shame that the franchise never kicked off.

Why are there no browsers with good memory usage? Anybody know a good browser?

>Been using Firefox for fucking years
>some new update gets force fed to me
>Lauded for it's Parallelism.

>It completely fucks up my entire browser aesthetic through and through
>4chanx doesn't work for shit anymore either. Even after going back to an older version.

TLDR; what is this qutebrowser? I'm on a 8GB pleb ram PC

qutebrowser is best browser. 8GB should be plenty unless you have hundreds of tabs. It's still very much in development though.

Best feature is its aesthetic, and vim like control scheme. If you don't know how to use vim, this browser is not for you.

qutebrowser.org for more info

>downgrading his browser instead of updating 4chanx

emacs

>requires 8 GB ram.
Fucking waterfox runs 100s of tabs while only reaching 4GB

Replace greasemonkey with violentmonkey and update 4chanx you plebzilla firefag.

What sites are you visiting, clearly not average user sites, which take like 200M minimum each

>qutebrowser is best browser
This is highly subjective, and for most people won't hold true. It's been a while since I personally last used qutebrowser, but I have some issues with it.
1. There is no extension support. I don't really need to elaborate on this.
2. Slow loading/laggy scrolling performance (at least when I last tried it around a year ago)
3. Limited to keyboard controls. Now, I understand the main purpose of this browser is to be able to do everything from the keyboard, but sometimes I prefer to use a mouse. Why would I pick a browser that limits me to only using the keyboard, when I could use Firefox with one of the several vim extensions and be able to navigate with either my keyboard or my mouse?

With all that said, I do like it. It's a very interesting project and I'm happy to see it under constant development. I would actually consider using this browser, but only on secondary computers that I don't use very frequently.

Of course it's subjective, but
1. I think extension support is on the way (can't be bothered to check, but I know it has Greasemonkey support now)
2. Haven't had scrolling issues in months now, I think this was fixed in an update.
3. It doesn't limit you to just using the mouse. Just press Ctrl+v to go into passthrough mode or go into insert mode and use the browser as usual

>There is no extension support.
Actually there is, and it's a lot better than FF and Chrome/ium. It's just that there isn't an official repo of extensions (that I know of).

stallman.org for news

If that was on PyQt 5.7 (or you're on Debian stable which likes to keep buggy software), it's most likely because of a big memory leak in there qutebrowser can't fix or work around: github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3280

Scrolling performance indeed was a problem with QtWebEngine for a while. This has been greatly improved in v1.1 recently(-ish) and since then I haven't heard anyone complain anymore.

I don't understand what you mean with "Limited to keyboard controls.". You can use the mouse just fine in qutebrowser. What you can't do is e.g. opening a new URL (but you'll need the keyboard there anyways) or click things like back/forward buttons (but if your mouse has those buttons, they work).

There are (non-GreaseMonkey) userscripts which talk to qutebrowser via a FIFO and there's GreaseMonkey support. The userscripts are here: github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/tree/master/misc/userscripts

What there isn't yet is support for a Python plugin API, and support for WebExtensions. The latter might not even be possible, but I haven't looked into it yet in detail.

I don't remember, did qutebrowser have a proper caret mode with hints? like in vimfx or surfingkeys

What do you mean exactly? Looking at github.com/brookhong/Surfingkeys I don't see a visual/caret mode with hints.

>2018
>using 4chanx botnet

Clover

umatrix for qutebrowser when?

When it's doneā„¢ I don't do ETAs for stuff I do in my free time.

Don't worry I appreciate your work. Vimperator on pale moon won't last forever.

then what is this?

Hm, right. Either this isn't mentioned in its readme at all, or I'm blind.

There was some discussion here about the same feature (inspired by VimFx): github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/1453#issuecomment-215945898 - but indeed, it doesn't exist so far.

Wait are you the-compiler?

katawa shoujo

Maybe. :^)

Arch Linux

If so, thank you so much for qutebrowser. I was bitching about memory earlier but I fucking love the interface

that's Sup Forums you dolt

my hints get all fucked up on Sup Forums when using the Sup Forums-x greasemonkey script, anyone else have this isssue?

I don't recognize the name "the-compiler" but if that's the qutebrowser dev, then he's already said he browses Sup Forums before.