pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

last thread

Reminder cherry and clones are garbage

gateron reds or gateron clears?

clears if you aren't an american

leopold

ducky

what about them?

If you were going to add a dedicated spacebar to the numpad, where would you put it?

Replace 6 with it. Nobody ever needs the 6 key

what are good switches in your opinion?

anything that's built to last for 5,000,000+ presses without chatter

chuga chuga chuga chuga, CHOO CHOO!!!
GOAT keyboard coming through, overpriced "mechanical" trash cannot even compete.

You could use that double 0 as a space, or just replace the 2, nobody ever uses that number.

But the way it feels has nothing to do with how long it lasts. Capacitive buckling springs, for example, lasts a long time, but its objectively inferior to membrane buckling springs, because they are less tactile and more pingy.

buypigs will never understand the value

I'm considering adding another column opposite of the enter key. Maybe a row underneath everything but then it'd probably get in the way.

>its objectively inferior
is this what poorfags believe
Model F's are more tactile and are less pingy. They're also a lot smoother

Capacitive buckling springs and beam springs

This, my model m is more pingy than my model f.

this was a good membrane set, but the keycaps, like all other membrane sets, are next to impossible to keep intact when cleaning

Hello user.

@64700169
portapotty should fuck off

>Getting mad over guns

Why? Use your words.

>$43 shipping to Australia
>Shipping is calculated in USD
>$55 AUD for shipping

Aiming that thing must be a bitch.

any good SA set?
fc660m/xd64/poker layout
preferably dark/black and can be shipped to Indonesia

Yeah that's pretty much my experience too, I don't bother ordering stuff overseas anymore because it's just not worth it

How difficult is it to install novatouch sliders onto a HHKB? I've got some super nice hirigana keycaps I wanna get onto my hhkb, but I'm worried I might fuck it up.

Also picture of HHKB for reference

is that vape fluid lol really

Fact: the fewer keys you have, the better you are at programming.

yea all the top coders use an apple click wheel, its one of the reason apple products are preferred by the top professionals in every industry that matters

My government has lost my switches for sure....
Fucking state postal service!!! reeeeeeee!!

Where could I find some keycaps for Kailh switches, with good quality overall?

I just switched from Outemu blues to Kailh reds and I'm completely loving it so far.

The new Red Dragons are pretty sweet

>use for a month
>all the legends wear off
huh

Buy from China, baka

>$50 shipping
>Versus $100 Australian retailer markup
>Not worth it

What do you guys think of the Model F remake that is currently going on?
It's expensive as fuck but I kinda want a 60%
I'm thinking I'll either like it and use it till the end of days or just spin in for a small profit in case I don't like it

>pay more for fewer keys
The state of Sup Forums

>he doesn't know about the ergonomic benefits of using a smaller keyboard next to a mouse
>he doesn't use a superior layout that has a navigational/numpad layer
The state of keyboard plebs

>not using a multiplayer setup so you don't need to move your hands because the mouse is just up your hands attached to a metal plate with magnets

>he doesnt type using a liptyper from his wheelchair
any movement of the hands is bad

>60%
>stick it in a case with huge bezels nullifying any 60% advantage
Just get a pok3r m8.

I ordered one back in November.
Now we just need someone to resurrect the old beam spring keyboards

First mech, got it for 47 bucks with gateron browns.

I actually asked on a past thread about typing in spanish with an english/US layout, but I just realized it's been ages since I type something in spanish.

I guess I'll learn the english layout since it's seems more comfortable for programming.\

Happy so far, feels great to type on, I thought I was going to hate the keycaps but I'll keep them for now.

My biggest problem so far is the tiny as fuck ANSI enter key.

And I really need to get a decent mouse, I bought two of these for less than 2€.

Yeah. Roommate sits at my desk.

I broke a key on my Topre keyboard does anyone know where I can get a replacement ALT key?
Just the one

can't find keycaps for this anywhere

:(

>tiny as fuck
How fucking big of a sausage do you have for a pinky? ISO Enters are unnecessarily huge.

Yeah, ain't that tiny, is more about the placement.

I'm used to hitting the top part of the key on the ISO layout.

Do you guys prefer Backlight, Non-Backlight or RGB Mechanical Keyboard?

Rgb is nice but there's a very limited number of rgb pcbs.

Non-backlit, always. Indicator LEDs are the only LEDs worth anything.

Hey mkg I'm a retard and I scratched one of my keys (pbt) a little with the ring key puller that came with the keyboard, but it's nothing too major
Do you guys know of any easy and safe ways to fix that? Is rubbing alcohol safe?

I'm really torn on getting one. I'm currently using a Model F XT, and I feel spoiled--I don't think I would be happy with anything BUT a Model F at this point, I love it. But, I'm worried about what I'll do if it eventually breaks. So, I'd like to get a new production keyboard (especially one with a sane layout) so I can retire this old keyboard, but fuck, they're expensive. I'm not sure if there are any other switch types I'd be content with.

this is confusing, are you telling us that we lack of herd mentality? being something positive?

Just get another XT if you're worried. They're cheap. F's are insanely serviceable too. Barrel or flipper breaks on a key? Swap it out for a couple bucks. Doesn't matter a bit. Electronics die? Throw on an xwhatsit for less than $40. The main capsense PCB will last forever anyhow.

Personally, I like my beamspring the best for tactile/click stuff, but I use my old capacitive linears way more.

I need a source for fake clacks. That Vietnam guy used to make them.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm just always autistic about the possibility of breaking something old. I'd feel better about breaking a reproduction or something new production than an original.

I'm mostly concerned about the wimpy legs, I move fairly often and they're very fragile. In fact, when I bought this keyboard, one of the legs was totally smashed and ruined in shipping. Thankfully, the seller had another one on hand.

I also need to replace the foam, it's totally rotted. Do you happen to know the right material needed for the foam replacement? I've done some light research into it, and seen some varying results with different types.

Mainly get a polyurethane foam in the correct thickness and use a proper punch for the holes. Craft foam is fine for this and cheap as sin. It all tends to rot in twenty or thirty years anyway.

Thanks for your help mate.

i like the gun but that keyboard case is super cheap and generic looking, like the caps too

No problem man. I think restoring old stuff is great fun.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

For at the office I have a standard 2017 Dell keyboard. It's the shittiest keyboard I've ever used as the larger keys don't register all the time, if you press for example the Ctrl button off center it bottoms out just fine but does not register. This is frustrating as heck.

What should I buy that will not annoy my coworkers?

I started using my unicomp for more than 10 minutes and for a small writing project and I gotta say this shit is great.
I hope the people that live in the apartment next to me don't get pissed though

Just don't be like me and turn on a typing solenoid at two in the morning on a saturday because you're drunk and want to set shitposting to claximum.

A model M

>What should I buy that will not annoy my coworkers?

An old decent rubber dome like a BTC/Scorpios/KB series IBM. Cheap, and they don't have a leg to stand on if someone gets on your case. Just say it's an erganomic thing. And most of all, if it gets stolen it's not the end of the world.

try to find one of the alps bigfoot keyboards. they were branded by a bunch of different oems. Dell was probably the most numerous but there are others too.

They come with alps black switches and are breddy quiet.

It's a replica of the kishsaver, there is also a compact version which is smaller The pok3r is garbage, same as every other board with cherry switches

Just picked up a couple of these from Best Buy™ for near half-price.
How badly did I fuck up?

>membrane
Nice Model M

It gets worse.

holy massive shit! so basically they added a metal piece with the only purpose to make noise?

I'm going to keep my old board under my nightstand just in case it gets late and i want to shitpost or something.

It sounds really dumb when you say it like that, user.
But you're probably right.

I typed on one when I was at staples. They actually feel a lot better then any cherry switch

Yeah. Its like a clicky topre, even the construction is the same.

Everything feels better than a cherry switch

I like how you can see a piece of the anime from the image this was cropped from

Jealous?

>ISO
yuck throw that in the trash where it belongs

Any reason to get this if I already own the F AT?

What makes you think that?

Snow is a myth where i live. Its like an Ugandan having 3 meals

never mind it just arrived

Shit man, browns feel like glorified membrane switches

I would like your advice:

>Budget
£100+
>Location (continent at least)
England
>Preferred switch type
Dont care
>Layout
UK, so big enter key, backslash next to Z, # next to enter etc
>Form factor
full size
>Backlight
None
>Previous/current keyboards
"Geezer" cheapo mech keyboard i got from amazon to see if i like using them

basically i want a full size UK keyboard with no gaudy lighting. Something like would be nice but with a different layout.

> membrane switches

What did he mean by this?

>Reversing the spacebar

for what purpose, really?

anyone have experience with durgod?

im thinking of picking one of their boards up over ducky

Is there a TKL mechanical keyboard with usb passthrough other than the Corsair K65?

Do you want to kill someone?

Yes