>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1R8Bff1mQet
youtu.be/nCdSWCyYY94
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/wu-tang_clan/cream_btab.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4_8uztsWTOo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

daily reminder to not shitpost, and to explain any disagreements in a friendly, civil manner, and to be a strong community

Any blues guys here? I've been interested in learning to play blues because that's what my guitar teacher plays. Who are your favorite blues guitarists?

Am in the UK and want to pick up a telecaster to noodle about on. I play bass quite regularly and have an acoustic guitar that I mess about with. I've been thinking of going for the MIM standard. Is this a good choice?

Fuck birds.

Do string-thru body guitars really have better sustain?

I would like to replace my (first) 10 year old Farida Hypersonic and my tube amp. However I am very insecure about doing so since I can just improvise over the minor pentatonic scale; I have yet to discover "my own", err.. I mean any sound at all.

I like Eric Clapton, Zakk Wylde, John Petrucci, etc.

What do you think would be my next step to take?

>bass teacher plays electric bass, upright, guitar, keys/piano, drums and saxophone
>ridiculously amazing at bass, good at all the other instruments
I feel so inadequate whenever I have bass lessons...

I wouldn't consider myself a "blues guy," but I can mess around and improvise some blues stuff from pentatonic scales, which is pretty easy to do. Learn those, and you'll have it.

Not being a fucking plen lol xD

Nah but honestly I would recommend getting as far as you can in terms of learning with what you have, and THEN upgrading once you truly feel the need. A flashy guitar isn't what makes you good, yknow?

They make you buy longer strings, that's literally all they do.

SG

I have a 25.5" scale guitar and I've never had a problem with string length

Someone please give me a nice bass lick to learn, I'm bored to tears

BB king
>check my LP collection
the 2015 gibson (which I bought for £600) has just been sold for £535 so I can finally purchase a semi hollow LP and attack with with spray.

Lonnie Johnson and Lightnin' Hopkins i guess.
Rory Gallagher out of the blues rock guitarists.
And Angus Young of AC/DC although it's a stretch to call it blues.
Jack White is also pretty interesting.

will my fingers ever stop getting sore after binge sessions? or is this part of the rock and roll lifestyle of chosen?

la femme d'argent - air

Wynona's big brown beaver.

i gotcha

first time on Sup Forums from /fit/ and /mlp/, so excuse me if i dont know your culture

i just wanted to ask - whats a good way to improvise the blues over jazzy chord progressions? im a blues guitarist but a jazz pianist

Have you tried any other guitars before? I would recommend finding one that "feels" right before finding one that sounds right, so for me personally I think fender necks are uncomfy as fuck even though I love those twangy sounds, so I bought a vox sdc-33 and its a keeper.
>pic related, recolouring it because black guitars are for edgy teens with daddy issues :^)
Malcolm young best young

>because black guitars are for edgy teens with daddy issues :^)
Oi mate, is that a jab at my SG?

Thanks for the link, definitely going to build this.
Are stacked pots a thing ? Like a potentiometer on top of another, that way I don't have to drill another hole on a 2 pot guitar.

>because black guitars are for edgy teens with daddy issues :^)
No, black gloss/matte just looks like shit.
The black Ibanez uses on prestiges is fine though.

black is beautiful

I agree, there's just not a lot of his soloing around.
Check out Marcus Hook Roll Band, a pre-ac/dc Vanda&Young one album project which includes Malcolm & Angus. Not sure who is on solo duty though.

have you named your guitars, /gg/?

nope

To be quite honest, no I haven't really, well maybe once or twice. But that's mostly because I'm scared to play publicly. I also found it pretty difficult to distinguish between playing them, let's say my own and a genuine Strat, or an Ibanez.
But this year I will pick up guitar lessons again, so maybe that will show some improvement in my confidence.

Does "fucking piece of shit" count as a name?

yes :^)
Just not a fan of solid black coloured guitars myself, they don't stand out at all and every emo kid in school had one.
the trans black colour is quite nice, shoing the wood grain underneathe.
Black beauty is the only acception. That an ESP or a gibbo, user?
I like Malcom for his riffs, just minor changes in shape which create a massive effect. I'll be sure to check it out.
The more you play guitar the more noticable these differnces will become. There's A LOT of different guitars out there its just finding which style or specific model is right for you. I also wouldnt worry about sounding like shit in a shop, if you hev every intention to buy a guitar theyre hardly going to give a fuck if you cant play very well, its if you turn up without the intention to buy and just noodle about aimlessly dirtying their products, thats when shop owners tend to get annoyed.
I called this one "gita" because I'm a fucking weab.

That pickguard is p cool.

gibson

y-you're p-p-p-pretty cool!
I had to re-paint it, forgot to seal the paint on it originally and it ended up smudging :( I think I preffered the original and all, ah well, shit happens.
Its actually quite tasty, though I can't say the same for your fan fretted meme machine.

That is one beautiful Les Paul

You bish :(

I try to give them a creative female name when I first get them but it never ends up staying, kind of like real women.

Why do women never stay with me, /gg/?

I guess my taste is a bit weird
I really love both

You cant meme well enough

Fucking blues dentists.

Best bang for the buck. I'm not saying the usa made ones are overpriced or trashy, but for what most people (and their intentions) the cheaper option is better.

The real Gibson black beauty

So easy

Apply the jazzy piano parts onto the guitar. And don't take that literally, simply play the jazzy melody you learned on piano, to the guitar

yeah, but actually I'm 25 and studying. I was saving up for that RGIF8 for over a year, so there's that

>Why do women never stay with me, /gg/?
that's exactly what someone who can't hold a woman down would say. Stop being that person

You can't fool me with your dentist wizardry!

Cheers for the reply. I do feel a little guilty buying a guitar soon after buying my first proper bass. I still suck ass at both. Did play a bit of guitar when I was like 12ish tho

vocaroo.com/i/s1R8Bff1mQet

what a nice song. thanks for passing it along to me

anything else?

I know Green Day is a meme but I just love Mikes playing.

youtu.be/nCdSWCyYY94

P gud job user. Glad you liked the rec. When I'm chilling I find rap basslines to be pretty comfy. I'd try wu tang clan ain't nothing to fuck with or cream. Cream was played on piano but I transcribed it to bass.tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/w/wu-tang_clan/cream_btab.htm

Also one of my faves is duchess and the proverbial mindspread by primus

when I tried playing cream I got this as being the piano part

G|--------------------11--9-8------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------9-11---------11-9-------------------------------------------|
A|-9-9-11-12-12--------------------12-11-9-9-9-------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

P90's ftw

Ultimate practice amp w monster tone

Upgrade to this

What is so good about Orange amps?

The crush line is solid state that sounds n plays like tube but is indestructible. And the tonal ranges are unparalleled. One amp that can handle it all, i shit you not

I spit a little bit of my beer up when I read that, thanks.

Oh, look... I've found his big brother

Interesting, they are so small so I imagine you use a cabinet or are they just for practice.

>no contours
>no adjustable intonation
If you're going to post some P90s, post a guitar that's fit for it, not this kind of lazy thing.

I have the micro dark terror.
It's cheap, has gain, weighs nothing, fits in your pocket, and on top of that, sounds great and is loud enough with an actual 12".
The only problem is that chinese kids can't count more than three, so you only have three knobs on it, which makes dialing in a tone a meticulous task.

I mean, like. .. they got 120watt heads for sale if you need em

Currently building my own cables. It's pretty easy and of course, you save enough money.

But I miss the theory, why copper is better, what is shielding and other stuff? Anyone can point me to a site where these points are discussed?

Is a les paul or an SG better for jazz?

I propose that guitarists should restrict themselves to 3 pedals. Wah, phaser, and delay. The rest is superfluous

A shortscale hollowbody with humbuckers.

I own an orange 20 crush, fucking incredible practice amp, completely shits on this fender frontman and marshall somethingorrather I used to have, the clean channel crunches up so perfectly I cant help but play ACDC riffs all day long.
335 / semi hollow

what's the smoothest bass guitar neck you've ever played?

Either one would work, I would choose the Les Paul though.

Have some cool Les Paul Jazz

youtube.com/watch?v=4_8uztsWTOo

I bet you play rock.
I hate big ass pedalboards where the guitarist ends up doing fuckall but limiting yourself is even worse.

Has anyone ever played a Gibson acoustic that doesn't sound like shit?

I played a J45 and a J15 and I'd say they aren't worth a quarter of their asking price

Oh, it's another "He thinks his subjective opinion matters." episode. Also, acoustic guitars are for faggots*.

*(objective fact, prove me wrong. Pro-tip: you can't.)

Not that guy, but 3 pedals isn't that limiting dude. Tons of configurations you can choose. I find it's almost exclusively rock guitarists that have huge pedalboards.

>le five layers of irony meme

I'm not saying having three pedals is limiting, I'm saying having ONLY three specific pedals and never more is limiting yourself.

this is very simple and satisfying

What model is this Les Paul?

Gibson®

Literally says on the headstock truss rod cover
"Classic"

What is the standard Gibson Les Paul? There are like a million fucking models.

Well, did he switch the coil splitting switch that comes on the Classic for an extra tone knob?

The Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Gibson Les Paul Standard T.

Actually, I was able to maybe find an older version of the classic that came with the 2nd tone knob instead of the coil splitting switch.

I want that Tweedy SG so bad.

It depends on the year it was made, I'm not even kidding.

same
tweedy is bae

Just bought a Jazzmaster a couple weeks ago. Pretty happy with the tone, plus I love how it looks.

So question. Does a single coil pickup produce a better clean tone than a humbucker?

It definitely does. You won't get the level of aggression you get from a humbucker though.

Unless said single coil is a P-fuckin-90

No, not necessarily. Depends on the single coil vs. humbucker you're referring to.

"Clean" vs "muddy" basically comes down to the coil size. A wide coil picks up more of the string and will sound muddier, having 2 coils side by side does the same thing so traditional humbuckers sound muddier than a traditional single coil PU. However, if you make a single coil really large or a Humbucker very thin they'll sound like the other type of pickup (just that the single coil will still hum and the Humbucker will be noiseless).

You can split a 4-conductor humbucker. It's a really stupid question that he's asking because there's no actual answer.

Most humbuckers I've tried are just too muddy to use. I don't play metal or hardcore bu I do use fuzz and distortion often. Aside from a few singing LPs I haven't played a humbucker-equipped guiar that lets me express myself with the crisp clarity of single coils. I need all that trebley jangle.

>very thin humbucker
like a mini humbucker? What's an example of this.
Split-coil humbuckers don't satisfy, it never sounds exactly right to me.

HT fuse in my head blew it looks like. Amp turns on, power tubes glow, zero sound. Bad Power tubes? Should a tube swap and fuse replacement fix it?

>Tele's open D string is ringing
>Not buzzing, but ringing like an octave harmonic. It is also much more pronounced when I play the 12th fret harmonic on the D string.
>Doesn't sound unpleasant but also doesn't seem like it is supposed to happen.
what do

pretend you do it on purpose

lucky trips confirm what is basically the ultimate piece of guitar playing advice

too dirty for me my negro

:(