And so it begins...

And so it begins. The sterilization of the internet in order to make it nice and safe for advertisers to shill their crap. This has nothing to do with protecting anyone.

ft.com/content/b5602636-0ddc-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/b5602636-0ddc-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2
archive.is/hDCGh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"no net neutrality means we'll be drowned in ads!"
> company threatens to pull their ads OFF a site
>"OMG NO DON'T TAKE THEM"

That was never what net neutrality was about and this isn't the argument.

Unilever is paying companies like Google a lot of money to advertise through them, they are threatening to stop advertising through those companies if those companies do not turn their services into safe spaces.

What this means is that content will become more heavily policed. And this is all because they don't want their adverts to be seen beside some objectionable content (because a person might link the advert to that content and thus not buy the product).

I don't really blame them, but I also don't think Google has the money they could just go "okay, we'll just not advertise you on our services but you'll still show up on sites that use adsense instead".

Can we get #boycottunilever trending somehow?

Why are companies so stupid? People go where the content is and if you start censoring the content people will stop coming and their will be no one to see your shitty ads and buy your shitty products that are probably giving people cancer.

Ads are a dying platform for big service sites like Google, I think. Simply by the nature of Youtube, there will always be """divisive""" content, whether it comes from the left, right, or center. It's simply the way things work. Not even Twitter -- in its efforts to make the site a safespace -- has been able to satisfy all sides; Jack is regularly reamed and no amount of strict rules/hard-hitting bans has been able to solve their purported issues. The same goes for Youtube. Limited state is a mess and the algorithms that pull adsense from uploaders are so wonky that they regularly hit non-offensive content (as in, content that isn't even remotely political, violent, or the usual things which cause hert feels). If Youtube begins to lockdown the site's acceptable content even more, it will be the sword they fall on. Content providers will simply take make a patreon or something similar and take their business elsewhere -- many of them have already stopped relying on adsense and have opted for crowdfunding.

>paywalled article
Anyway, these marketing fags should shut the fuck up. No-one cares if their ads show up even on the most hardcore of nazi sites, because guess what, those sites are mostly visited by nazis who obviously won't judge Unilever for advertising their ketchup on deathtoalljews.com. Same goes for youtube, the suggested videos algorithm automatically locks everyone into their little political bubble.

>ft.com/content/b5602636-0ddc-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2
>pay for view

Can you at least post the screenshot of the page Op ?

Internet ads are dying in general. Something like 40% of people use ad blockers. Microsoft could crush Google forever by preinstalling uBO on Edge on new OEM installs of Win10.

But it's still a problem for companies like Google.
They need to get their money from somewhere, and Youtube isn't paying for itself.
They're trying to become like Patreon with the sponsored content creators shit, and that's probably what they need, but losing a big advertiser would be a big monetary hit for the company.

>nazi sites
>mostly visited by nazis
>wont judge Unilever for advertising ketchup

But what about this ?

Also, we re getting sidetracked.
Shouldnt company not care who the fuck buys their product ?
I mean, especially someone who sells fucking food, everyone eats, so its not like they are selling nukes to terrorist.
When they get picky they will loose profit.
I mean, free market and everything, if your ketchup will not be on not so wanted sites, then someone elses will.

>ft.com

0/10

There are people dumb enough that if they saw the advert for their ketchup on a nazi propaganda video on youtube and then saw it in the supermarket would link the two and buy another brand.

What advertisers want is for their products to be linked to positive things, so that when you see their product in a store you remember that positive thing and that leads you towards picking it over another brand.

It's not about who buys it, it's about what the brand appears next to. Coke don't care if the most flamboyant neo-nazi wannabe on the planet is a customer. Coke DO care if because of an algorithm placing their ad content without human supervision, suddenly they're inundated with bad PR because some shitty buzzfeed knockoff saw an ad next to a jew slaughter manifesto and ran the headline "COCA-COLA FUNDING SECOND HOLOCAUST?". Because that could end up costing them sales, or at least a PR headache they didn't need.

Amazing how you retarded niggers have absolutely no idea what they're talking about

I think it's 30% but, yes, it's a decently high number.

Well, yes. I don't think the transition from ad-based platforms will fully happen for awhile. But if Youtube goes in too hard on content providers they will accelerate the death of their platform. It's a lose-lose situation, and I think they know this.

>tfw no more ads

Wew lad internet even better without it.

>waaah I hate ads they should just put up a paywall if they want money!
>A paywall? WAAAAAAH!

This guy have a very punchable face.
I would say at least an 80% on the Phil Fish scale.

Or we could just go back to the internet of the 90s which was mainly dominated by hobbyists and geeks.

lmao

that'll never happen thanks to normalfag infestation

Is this irony?

Well that is one expensive paywall, if you pay for a whole year.

>uBO

>Marketing boss Keith Weed threatens to pull ads from divisive digital platforms
lmao what is he smoking

> install extensions that block or uses browsers that don't support media making most websites unusable
How should I parse it?
> install extensions that block making most websites unusable or uses browsers that don't support media
> install extensions that block most websites unusable or uses browsers that don't support media making
??

meth?

Advertisers and marketers are a fucking blight on society.

I wish we could get rid of them.

Kys malwaretiser

Thanks for the valuable info googledrone.

what was it?

Jim was right

non-issue as fuck

go back to Sup Forums

Wow, who would have thought.

>less ads
>somehow it's bad
wat?

People already watch willingly advertising by the thousands.It's just what the internet is for at this point just accept it.

>try out AdNauseum because the concept is bretty gud
>new blank tab
>new blank tab
>new window that puts itself in background
>new blank tab
nah, fuck off

>muh net neutrality
So fellow r*dditors, when does the internet shut down? Last I heard, the FCC was going to be shooting down satellites in space, but I didn't get a concrete date on when that was happening.

>useless ad-dependent sites die out
>less ads on bigger sites
I fail to see a problem.

This is fucking hilarious.
>Jewgle saw advertisers as a lever by which to dislodge content they don't approve of
>Advertisers continue to find content they don't approve of
>Jewgle is going to be left with no content except for what amount to informercials of teen girls purring on makeup

Jewgle had the opportunity a long time ago and they thought they were in control. Turns out they arent.
What Jewgle should have done is said to advertisers "Your advertisements run on our platform. We don't decide what is uploaded, and you can't decide where your advertisements get seen. Take it or leave it."

>can't even be bothered to read what the addon does or how it does it
The absolute CITY of Australians.

There is people willing to pay for trash websites?

>Website requires you to pay to view content
>OP is too much of an imbecile to use pastebin

Wow, thanks for nothing faggot.

not op but here you go

archive.is/hDCGh

OP here, go suck a big fat AIDS infested black cock, faggot. It didn't make me pay to see it. Maybe it knew you were a shit eating mongoloid?

I'm quite sure I saw this same thread months ago.