Linux Mint

Redbull me on Linux Mint. Do you people like it? Hate it?

It's my favorite distro for better or worse

It’s the only Linux distro that just werks without Amazon botnet. I burn the install disk, install Mint, and use my PC. No fucking around required.

It's shit. Bunch of security issues. Use any Ubuntu distro with the DE of your choice instead.

Most distros are basically "Literally Nothing: The Distro". Mint is one of those.

Cinnamon is one of the ugliest desktop environments I've ever used. The fact that redditards and wannabe tryhards think it's even an acceptable equivalent to Windows makes me nauseous.
Use literally any other distro with some other environment.

>an autist finds out that there are other options than his own preferences

wew

You can use Mint with with KDE, MATE, or xfce. Stop sperging, retard.

its a good just werks distro with a decent default DE. the only people who hate on it always pull out this old picture which lists a bunch of issues that mint had a long time ago and are no longer relevant because they have solved all of those minor issues
id recommend it over ubuntu

Cinnamon is pretty much the best one. Stop being blind.

it would be perfect if it was less buggy.
i love cinnamon and 3.6 is miles better than 3.4, but its still 50/50 whether clicking shutdown will crash cinnamon (which takes ages after restarting before clicking shutdown will do anything) or actually shutdown.
most of the time i find myself logging into a tty to shutdown because cinnamon cant handle me clicking the shutdown button
it also likes to randomly crash when opening qbittorrent from the panel applet for the first time after boot

It’s the only Linux distro thats worth your time

Ive never had this issue are you running it on metal for some strange reason or in a VM?

I'm throwing in the "werks for me" and say that I haven't experienced anything like that and Cinnamon has been bug free for me, unlike KDE on the same machine. What you're saying are the kind of things I experienced in KDE.

Linux mint is a fork of ubuntu. Actually pretty good option when you are looking for just working OS you can install on your "old auntie's" computer or for yourself when you are lazy.

Linux mint focuses on being easy to use and reliable. If you like it, mint is your bro. But if you want something like arch-linux, dont install mint because linux mint dont care about "Bleeding edge and minimalism"

ubuntu with a nicer cinnamon desktop.

metal. its my main de because it is still the best one despite them
i've had the same issues on 2 separate computers on cinnamon

>i've had the same issues on 2 separate computers on cinnamon
So what was still similar? Distro? GPU brand? Cinnamon version?

just another flavor of ubuntu with a better standard de. that said, it's breddy gud. use either mint xfce or xubuntu, doesn't really matter tbph

it's one of the best distros if you want to be productive (unlike the Arch monkeys on /gee/)

>I use linux mint with kde.
It just werks.

I like Mint, but a lot of people seem to be concerned about its security, what's up with that?

it comes from 2016 when there was actually a pretty bad security breach (google it), these days it's just a meme