/urban/ + /architecture/

skyline edition

I don't know if what I'm about to post is a skyline, but it's architecture nonetheless

This too

I fucking love china.

absolutely ebin

What's your honest opinion on São Paulo?

Souless, cultureless and ugly.

How have you been OP?

I like it.

When did the Russians build this? Pretty cool desu

Nobody knows. Some say it was actually the work of aliens.

Very nice looking

I really like that Mercury City Tower. It looks so scifi.

I really like these type of futuristic buildings.

China is nice.

The US is nice.

I feel like I'm just posting shitty pictures that people have posted millions of times before. Where do you guys find new stuff? Flickr, or something?

Flickr, ssc, Google images, peoples photo blogs

Most of the infrastructure in USA is pretty old.
China's stuff is new and looks cooler

I'm just going to post some pictures of roads...
We should have infrastructure threads, in my opinion.

Infrastructure is continually updated. They are laying new sewage/water pipes just down the road.

This, plus 500px (which imo is easier to find good stuff on than flickr)

The building on the center left is one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Infrastructure does fall under the /urban/ part of the thread, so go ahead friend

>tfw you will never live in a cyberpunk city

Nice pictures! It's so fucking hard to find pics of Chinese cities that aren't shanghai that have decent resolution and aremt loaded with watermarks.

Of course, but you cannot just raze all the old buildings to build newer ones. (Not implying that old buildings are bad or anything btw)
China has truckloads of money and a clean slate. They are building the best that's possible at the moment - kinda like how USA and Australia built planned cities with blocks 200 years ago while European cities were messy.

lahti

Feels bad man.

tampere

Looks like a commietown tbqh

I think Doha looks nicer than Dubai desu.

>have tons of land
>decide to live in commieblocks
why

Why isn't India doing what China is doing?

Columbus circle, upper west side, NYC

Can't afford it.
China is like a thousand times richer than us.

The skyline? Oh yes. Definitely.

Dubai as a city is much better, though.

>implying the same isn't true with our suburbs

When are Brooklyn/Queens and Jersey going to start looking like Manhattan?

because of keskustapuolue and rural shithole cirlejerk we can't build nicer because the rural circlejerk is pumping the government money to shitty projects instead of improving cities

pic kinda related

From what I have heard the only thing to do in Doha is go to the mall. Is that true? Is alcohol more restricted there than Dubai?

China at one point was poorer than India.

My country was a desert shithole 30 years ago.

You guys need a strong gov't.

They're only richer because Deng Xiaoping was able to make unilateral decisions
If they had to deal with democracy they would be stuck, just like us

It's a real beaut. Speaking of which, I wonder when they'll properly light up its neighbor

Malls in Arab countries are a bit different than malls in other countries.
For an American, for example, a mall might just be a place to hang out, shop, or just look at stuff.
In Arab countries, however, malls are literally miniature cities that have pretty much everything.
But no, Doha also has Souq Waqif and a few other things. I dunno about alcohol in Doha because I personally don't drink. I do know that if you're looking to drink in the Middle East, Manama, Bahrain is your friend.

Reminder that there is literally no reason for any of that to exist. Basically ghost towns desu.

Below is a living city.

Here's the thing - you cannot advance further if your population is full of uneducated bumpkins who have a lot of freedom. The largest vote bank is poor rural people and they will be given higher priority for the foreseeable future.
Apart from that, China is communist - they can simply force poor peasants to move out and build cities without caring about permits, environmental clearances and all that crap.
UAE has oil bucks and low population.

If there's no reason for something to exist, we won't build it. You're confusing us with Chinese, who literally build giant cities in the middle of nowhere with zero people in order to artificially boost GDP.
Yep. That's why you guys should ditch democracy for the time being til you can get your shit together.
Democracy isn't for poor countries.

Also oil money isn't easy money. Most oil-rich countries are dirt poor.

Best skyline of any city

desu if we turned communist, it would make things worse as most politicians are only interested in pocketing money.

It really doesn't matter though. A lot of people are bluepilled and don't really know just how bad the country is. Others simply work hard, get work visas and eventually citizenships of first world nations.
As retarded as it may sound, being redpilled in India can actually help you succeed in life.

Is that a fake sky?

I see. It's kinda sad to think that you guys have a lot of potential but all your intelligent people keep leaving.
Yep :^)

Fake skies are interesting. I wonder if they'll become common in space colonies.

It would be a bigger waste of potential if the smart people were forced to stay here. There aren't enough facilities for research and business here.
And honestly, I don't see why they should stay anyway. You don't get to choose where you are born, so why should you support the nation? You can either life a shitty life by being a nationalist or enjoy the best that the world can offer by emigrating. Patriotism only makes sense if you are born in a rich country.

Shanghai has more than twice the population of NYC. It is not a ghost city.

That was an accident. I was talking about the arab cities.

Vancouver looks comfy.

Why not have both?
India should do what we're doing: pay all the smart people to study in developed nations and then have them come back and bring their skills back home.

Skylines are americanism.

dire, those commie blocks few miles away from them

You can't force anyone to come back. That's undemocratic.
A lot of people do return nowadays to start their businesses here, though.

> pay
Oh wait, I missed that.
The kind of people who go abroad to study aren't usually interested in returning. I doubt if it would work.

I'm on that program right now.
You wouldn't believe the benefits that citizens of Gulf countries get, especially high-skilled workers.

Free house, free electricity + water, and a plot of land.
You need to set some sort of system that encourages people to study and bring back skills. Otherwise all the smart people will leave to work for France or Italy and your country will be left in an eternal loop of poverty.

That only works because you guys have a ton of oil money, and because 80% of your population is literally slave laborers.

>Shanghai
>ghost town
jesus, how stupid can americans even be?

>. You're confusing us with Chinese, who literally build giant cities in the middle of nowhere with zero people in order to artificially boost GDP.
like which ones

yes they are artificially boosting their GDP but stop exaggerating like that you are just spewing buzzwords

> Centrally planned New World colonial city
> European architecture (a la Paris, Rome, London)
If you don't agree that would be the most perfect city in the world, kys.

am I the only one who likes the WTC?

They kind of looked like oversized incinerators, but I liked them.
They were iconic and looked pretty good up close, especially at the base and top where they were a bit more intricate.

>skyline edition
>tfw no skyline

Who /irrelevant city/ here?

The smoke stacks make it cozy.

at least you live in a city

What do you guys think of low height urban areas with nice nature around? I think it's comfy af

Pic related is Wulingyuan, Zhangjiajie. Hunan province. Feb 2015

plz come and invest

thats french colonial

is it cuba?

Buenos Aires is god tier tbqh

Yes

Yes it is.

What is panama like? What do people do in the city?

work
shop
parties, concerts normie stuff
cultural ammenities, museum, old quarter
visit canal, hike in the jungle, kayak in the canal, bike around
donno man any stuff
its hot