We have to talk about APUs

AMD "Wait till you guys see our new APUs, j.j.just you wait and see. They'll be great".
>Destroyed by a GT 1030
>AMDfags on suicide watch

you say apu

i say poo in loo

lets gas the jews

i dont see whats so bad about these desu
>decent ish GPU
>not too expensive
>cpu alone performs fine
Now that the mining craze is at full power, why not get this APU, and when the bubble bursts get a normal GPU

buying a GT1030 isnt worth it at all

Look mom, I can cherry pick too!

Oh look, 1030 gets BTFO by a BULLDOZER APU.

The best strategy at the moment is to wait for Zen 2 with Spectre mitigations.

Come from a long line of cherry pickers... Are you Mexican, by the way?

54 to 7

i can't take it anymore

this is the end

goodbye bros

we did our best

>creates a thread with an obscure youtube video that doesnt even set memory timers or resolution
>gets btfo from actual reviewers
>creates another thread to shit on amd
>cherry picks a single game of the every other one
>gets btfo

yeap the life of a brasilian

honestly is it important?
what amd is susceptible to is just reading, and it's only a possibility, half of specter, the worse half is still un verified by anyone if it works.

that said, if you need a computer now, there is no price point where intel makes sense.

SOPA MACACO

>there is no price point where intel makes sense
I don't know about you, but I'd buy an i5-i9 at a 90% discount.

I would too, but we can put that in the shit that will never happen bin and look at the real price points, intel would have to drop prices between 25-33% on everything consumer to compete, and anything that is meant to be an all in out solution (as in cpu+gpu, not planning for discrete) would need to drop 30-75%

you wont get absolute highest averages on amd, at least the 1000 line amd, but you get, time and time again, better minimums, and till the 8000 line, substantially better minimums then intel for an overall better experience.

>Loses to a dual-core Pentium

>calls Sup Forums faggots
>uses PUBG benchmarks for CPU shitposting
Blow it out your ass.

>4k
>on a apu

>2400G at 4GHz is slower than 1200
I'm guessing there's something seriously wrong with their setup.

>0.9%
wow btfo

looks pretty good to me. You're getting entry level GPU integrated now. Fuck intel and their retarded shit. You can now basically play every game ever worth playing on an APU. Sounds good to me.
nonetheless, it's still incredibly retarded that no GPUs have analog output anymore and DP adapters restrict the bandwidth of VGA

Are those 1 CCX or 2? is there any difference in latencies

Amd sucks

Its a shitty low tdp laptop prossesor vs a low end desktop cpu you retatd

>Its a shitty low tdp laptop prossesor
It's 4c8t CPU with identical architecture to the 4c4t CPU it's being compared with AND it's been overclocked, so I doubt throttling because of TDP is an issue.

Its a LAPTOP CPU dumb fuck

have you seen 1050ti prices?
id say not bad deal

>takes unoptimization: the game
Great example you got there

>sorry guys i bought amd i cant play popular games with decent fps

>Its a LAPTOP CPU dumb fuck
No it isn't, retard. The 2500u and 2700u are laptop parts. The 2400G is a desktop APU.

70 at 1% is decent.

>20% worse
>its decent

Not everyone is a gaymer that wants a space heater combined with a vacuum cleaner in their tower for a few more frames per second when playing the latest (((game))). You do realize some people actually use computers for tasks other then gayming right OP?

seems good to me. if you wanna bash its gayming performance at least wait until the hades canyon nuc is out. Comparing a discrete gpu isn't very apples to apples.

>No mention of Threadripper mopping the floor with i9 7900, i7 and i5

>muh vidyas nuuuuu
Are you seriously gonna complain about an APU being worse than a dedicated graphics card?

No drivers you retard

Pooripper blows dick at gaming

> RAM prices are too high
> wtf would I go down to a 4 core / 8 thread gimped processor and gimped GPU? then pay assholes [more than the cpu] for ram?
They either get standalone GPU and RAM prices down or they're in for another slowdown in computer component/computer purchases.

No one games on threadripper shithead. It's a workstation CPU ..
> WORK

>buying TR or i9 for gaming
Sup Forums please fuck off

>no TR 1950x 4ghz OC
>workstation CPU blows dicks at games

wtf man, that's the whole reason to buy into TR4, 16 cores for multitasking horsepower and overclockability, my 1950x still plays every AAA title at max res with no problems on a settingultrs, with an old r9 290x, but that's completely missing the point of TR4

>hurr Intel Xeon blows dick at games

see I can do it too

god damn it now I want a small form factor PC with this thing in it

It sucks at games get over it

It's a 100 euro cpu + gpu that can run a ton of games. I really think you should rethink your criticism.

Its a poorly performing budget trash cpu with no upgrade path and you will always regret

>no upgrade path
You must've mistaken it for Intel product, AMD does actually offer an upgrade path.

>with no upgrade path
Lies, sweet little lies. Heyyeeeyyy, Tell me lies!

>TrashEngine's Vomitgrounds

Why is this game even benchmarked? Quake III and its mods were fun and successful because the idtech3 engine was absolutely amazing. BugChaser's AIDSparty can barely hit triple digit framerates with the best hardware you can throw at it. What a fucking joke. I hate knowing whoever made this retarded shit is a millionaire now.

LOOK IT SUCKS IT DOESNT MATTER THAT IT'S 8 TIMES FASTER THAN WHAT INTEL HAS IT JUST SUCKS OKAY JUST GIVE ME THIS

>poorly performing budget trash cpu
could you find us something that costs the same and performs around the same pls?

Socket supported until 2020 easily.

>no upgrade path
>while there are 3 gens of products coming to the same socket

>mfw I assrape people like you in UT4 and DOOM all day with a CPU that sucks at games

Losers blame their equipment, winners go home and fuck the prom queen

>buy cpu
>buy cpu again
Great plan

I've seen you before trying to jusrify TR for games. Sad

well, we're talking videogames here. Let's not exaggerate our success with the opposite gender.

>buy cpu
>buy cpu again
>buy motherboard again
Better plan

>buy cpu
>buy a better cpu later

or

>buy cpu
>buy a better cpu with its new motherboard later

You buy a CPU Upgrade Card...

>buy intel cpu
>is so good at gaming it last beyond 2020
>laugh at shitters who bought amd twice

Are you impliying you can't buy a GPU for a Raven Ridge system?

>UT4
>DOOM

People actually play these games?

It would be a waste. I had an apu that i bought an amd gpu for later, then i had to upgraded to bulldozer because apus suck. Then i had to upgrade because bulldozer sucks. Dont be like me

I bought it for Photoshop and Lightroom, CAD and video and sometimes game on it, /pcbg/ recommended it as a multitask alongside Xeon, I almost went with a dual Xeon LGA2011 24c/48t setup and deduced I could get better performance for the same money and less power requirements with a 1950x, and I did.

To be fair to you Intel-lets my last rig was a dual E5450 Xeon 16c/16t rig and I got 10 years out of it and just upgraded the GPU every couple of years, it plays UT4 70% as good as the TR4 but the TR4 blows it the fuck out of the water in everything else and I'm not stuck with LGA771, DDR2 and PCI Express 1.0, and I can easily watercool the 1950x

Don't know what I'm going to do with the LGA771 rig now, it's still a lot of relevant horsepower in today's world.

lmao how do you think this works? do intel fanboys like buying new motherboards all the time?

Then say you use it for work station but it being good at gaming is bullshit. I am not bullshitting you that my intel gaming cpu is good at workstation tasks

So what CPU did you buy after bulldozer?

4970k owners havent updated yet, why would they

>

*rub rub*

mostly oldfags who grew up playing UT99, DOS DOOM and other first and second gen FPS games, which is a double-edged sword, since they play with the same physics as the older versions those guys who played them had 20 years to git gud and they can jump right into UT4 and DOOM and clean house.

There's a new Quake out too, probably going to pick that up soon.

>tfw no HL3

The cpu i should have bought from the start, a latest gen i5

There is nothing stopping someone from getting a discrete graphics card if they want to.

But that's an APU too...

Know that the new quake game is not an in house engine. They paid Saber Technology to make one and it's nowhere near as good as past Quake or Doom games.

This does make much sense but not a whole lot because of the insane DDR4 RAM prices. There's no "budget build" these days.

I do agree that buying a GPU right now is beyond silly. Prices are sky-high and Nvidia has a new architecture ready which they are just delaying since they already have a monopoly in the high-end and that now old architecture on the market is flying off the shelves.

If you have to build a computer right now then sure, these APUs make sense. They are faster than the iGPUs on Intel's chips. Too it'll be overly expensive even without a dedicated GPU due to those RAM prices.

Consoles are a much better value proposition.

>play every game ever worth playing on an APU
That's stretching it pretty darn far.

Thanks, I won't buy an i5 then.

I would say it's pretty good. I'm on a 1080p monitor with an R9 290x and on ultra settings newer games rarely drop below 60fps.

Most of the games I'm pretty good at the TR4 will max the game engine out

>mfw 300fps in CS Source
>mfw 700fps in UT99
>bought an 800 dollar cpu and 500 dollar board to play 10 and 20 year old gaymes

Still about $60 over their natural price point.

Good faggot you're welcome to fuck up all you want. buy this shitty apu

Apu is a brand by amd

You get what you pay for. It's not the fault of APUs. Bulldozer was shit anyway. AMD struggled hard after Deneb. It is only now that they are evening the playing field. I'm going to get a Zen+ CPU in April. Zen 2 7nm in 2020 sounds like it will be amazing.

300 fps in cs go is shit user

The apus are not a good long term purchase. Of you must buy amd at least get their only good processor, the 1600

% worse
60fps is decent, if you're buying some APU and you actually expect to play games then you're probably using some 60hz 1080p monitor. It really doesn't matter if some dedicated graphics card can do 100% more or not.

APUs in general appeal to people who can't afford discrete graphics. Even if they can game @ 30 FPS it's better than not playing at all.

>60hz 1080p monitors in the current year

So poor retarded children? I know i was one of them when i bought my apu

lol why are you hating so hard man. no one buys an APU thinking they can push 140 FPS FHD. it serves its purpose at the price bracket. you obviously did not know what you were purchasing.

> GTA V benchmark
> Intel wins
gee, what else is new. GTA V favors single-threaded performance, that's years old news. And Intel does win there.

The more important take-away from that slide is that even the lowest on that list, the R3 1200, is good enough to play GTA V at 60 fps with regular settings.

Zen+ will have better IPC. It will probably close the gap between AMD and Intel at 1080p. Never mattered >1080p because GPU bottleneck @ 4k.

have you ever heard of a gpu?

seems to me that pretty much anything made in 2012 or earlier will play at 1080p 60fps. Are you pretending that anything worth playing has come out since then?

290x is the absolute pinnacle of 1080p gaming. Keep that shit forever, user.

Its a poor long term purchase. You'll bet 2 years of low quality gaming out of it and the cpu is underpowered and will bottlebeck and gpu when you upgrade.

sorry but i dont like pouring thousands of bucks to a shitty gayming monitor

>CPU IPC
>mattering at all what resolution you play at
why don't you kill yourself

Gtav is the 4th best selling game of all time, trying to act like this bench doesnt matter is a high level of shilling