/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>R3 2200G - Budget builds with or without a GPU
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbvVCfBaZh0
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jbQcCb
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/njp323/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8grb
pcpartpicker.com/list/PkdJXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/zcmBD2
pcpartpicker.com/product/KXkwrH/crucial-mx300-275gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd4
pcpartpicker.com/list/7fRRsZ
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079D8FD28/
pcpartpicker.com/list/RZjhP3
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sqrgTH
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QhTD4q
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/RyTD4q
pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#sort=price&s=35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just a friendly reminder fuck buying refurbs and low profile 1050 Tis.

Le just le friendly le reminder that I suck Intel penis and want you to buy a doa from Intel system when a ryzen apu is a much better value

>suck Intel penis
You too? We should meet up sometime.

The only thing holding back AMD budget for once is RAM price, as 2933+ is recommend for Ryzen in general but now more so for the Vegas.
Intel cannot compete with these APUs, but benefit for lower speed RAM not mattering.

Haha friendly reminder that I'm gay brrrraaapp

Just a friendly reminder to always let Intel Jews have your sheckles

Friendly reminder Intel shill btfo, how can he recover?

he can't since I exposed him in the previous thread as a shill

Based, how did you do that?

Oops

look at the first few posts in the thread, he got exposed and his thread was a failure

Cryptocurrency is here to stay, right?

So why would GPU prices ever come down?

what is the best skylake cpu paired with a motherboard?

Difficulty increases while GPUs stay the same, so you either throw more GPUs at it, hope new GPUs can handle the diff curve, or pray on ASIC.

It's the meme coins which are sucking up GPUs because people want to keep it going.

I think OP forgot to put that this was the autism edition of /pcbg/,

There are finite coins. Eventually they will fuck off.

>Ryzen is pretty cheap
>Neat
>AM4 mainboards are pretty cheap
>Neat
>Check RAM and GPU prices
>There goes my new build.
Any idea when the prices are supposed to go down again? End of the year? 2019? I'm not willing to pay the current prices for that performance.

>R3 2200G
I want to build a cheap pc with ryzen, but fucking RAM.
80€ for 8gb is ridiculous...

Just a friendly reminder that getting a refurbished office PC with a 3rd or 4th gen i5(i7 if you get a lucky find) and 8-16gbs of ram is the absolute best deal poorfags can get right now.

All you gotta do is throw in a low profile 1050ti.

Buy an APU, my friend, with as fast of RAM as you can purchase.

They're not going down for a while, might as well save up

Nope, nice try you shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=mbvVCfBaZh0

Even a ryzen 3 will destroy a refurbished office PC.

Eh, its an option certainly but some prebuilts have proprietary layouts

I'm tempted to "upgrade" to a used fx6300 at this point and be done with this shit for another couple for years.

a 2200g

What's your budget user?

DELID

>clearly say to get an i5 or i7
>post a video showing a ryzen 3 1200 beating a pentium

500 euro shekels for CPU+MB+RAM+GPU but I'm just not very impressed by the kind of performance I can get for that. Maybe the next generation of nvidia cards will change that.

Any idea when the 1050 successor is supposed to come out? Winter?

Observed

I love my refurbished office PC with a 3rd or 4th gen i5 (i7 if I got a lucky find) and 8-16gbs of ram!

All I gotta do is throw in a low profile 1050ti!

Probably around august, but thats just a guess.

3 yo used office pc 200$
gtx 1050ti lp 180$

ryzen+mobo+ram 270$

I'm only using my meager knowledge here, so bear with me
>Bro has money to upgrade his pc, considers buying a 2k pre-built
>I recommend a b350 tomahawk board, ryzen 5, and 1060 6gb
>his psu, case, ssd, ram and fans can be reused
Now that's all 900 bucks but he's trying to upgrade and use a vive. Are there more economical options?

I would get this but save €40 more and go for a 1600
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jbQcCb

And a dual channel kit would perform better but it's €12 more
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/njp323/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8grb

>Any idea when the 1050 successor is supposed to come out? Winter?
rumours are that ampere releases April 12 (gtx 2070, 2080), based on previous history we can expect gtx 2060 somewhere in May. not in stock though, they all are going to be out of stock

Here you go user
pcpartpicker.com/list/PkdJXH

I appreciate the effort user but I'll just wait a couple of months and hope for the best. And probably pay even more for RAM.

I'm only interested in the budget options below 200 bucks anyway. So that likely means a 1150/2050(ti). Even if miners buy all the new nvidia cards hopefully that'll put AMD GPUs at a decent price point again. I don't really care about the brand when it comes to graphics.

>tfw just decided to build my first PC last month
>tfw happily set a $600 budget
Well I guess I’m shelling out over a grand now

2050ti will be released even later (like october). nvidia are jews and they release high end cards first so impatient people buy them instead of budget cards

Ok guys i just RMA'd my RX 560, should i wait and get my replacement or buy a 1050ti by paying the price difference?

friendly reminder to not do this

270? Try $320 for a OC capable mobo, with 3200mhz ram that is on your mobos QVL list.

Unless you actually plan on using an APU with 2400mhz ram.

I'm in the market for a new CPU. Is the Ryzen 3 1300X a good option for the money?

r8 pls. Can I save money on RAM or motherboard? Is this SSD any good?

and R3 1200 would be a huge upgrade over an A10 6800k , I already have a cheap Ryzen Motherboard

What's generally the best strategy when deciding how to orient your case fans? I've got one in, one out, never had any problems.

Also, what can I do to make the fans on my GPU sound less annoying? Card's pretty old, but it's got two giant fans on it instead of some bad-ass looking shroud.

Always have more intake fans than outtake fans.

Seasonic M12II 520 Bronze, G.Skill DDR4, and the B350 PC Mate are cheaper. Look for a mx300 m.2 drive and a double fan GPU for better cooling (Gigabyte, MSI or EVGA if possible)

>AMD poozen

If you have a GPU yes, if not get a 2200g

Equal in/out means that your fans aren't working against each other, but having more intake means that you force dust out of your case as the air finds more paths out.
You can set a fan curve in afterburner, or you can remove the fans entirely and strap some Noctua fans onto the heatsink (which will also increase cooling performance because card fans aren't usually high-performance).

just get a apu

every time

I have a GPU already, but it's fairly old. Gonna wait until the new wave of crypto faggots calms down before I buy a new one

Is ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING a good mobo and worth it? Does it support 3000MHz RAM? Is it worth spending a little more on a mobo and high speed RAM rather than MSI B350 MATE with 2400 RAM which isn't that much less expensive?

The Asus B350-F has better VRM heatsinks than the PC Mate but it works great, spending more on fast RAM is worth it

You can still do it user
pcpartpicker.com/list/zcmBD2
I would save $90 more and go for this
pcpartpicker.com/product/KXkwrH/crucial-mx300-275gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd4

Or get a 2400g with 16gb 3200MHz and save up for a 1050 ti
pcpartpicker.com/list/7fRRsZ
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079D8FD28/

having to buy new ram makes the numbers never work out. i have 16gb ddr3 on my 1st gen i5. :(

i was going to buy a ryzen 2220g.

Bump should i do it? 1050ti is almost the double price of the 560 and i would be paying a large amount as tge difference, however i need them cuda acceleration and i cant run heavy skrim enb's with the 560.

I noticed my RAM wasn't running at its advertised speed of 3200. I read that enabling XMP in my BIOS would help get it to that speed, but when I go to save and exit, I don't get any signal, certain parts aren't on or aren't completely on (GPU front light isn't on but top light is, CPU/VGA/DRAM/BOOT status LEDs are on, sometimes they stay at a specific light but often alternate between the four, etc.). I noticed when I actually enable this there's an XMP light that's on for a bit near the RAM slots but then turns off. At this point I either wait for the PC to do something or remove the CMOS battery and put it back in, both of which reset the BIOS to its default state.

Pic related: It's my Speccy (note my CPU was overclocked to 4.8GHz, may or may not switch lower)

PCpartpicker: pcpartpicker.com/list/RZjhP3

Me and my friend who's an expert at computers have been at this for about a day and we're completely out of ideas. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information, please ask.

Need something for a friend... He will play at 1080p, it's just an upgrade from a ps4... What do you think about it?
I should stay near 700€ (I'm from Italy, EU)
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/sqrgTH

Yeah apparently it can be hit or miss if the module will actually run at that speed, on that board, with that particular CPU.

try upping the memory voltage a tick with XMP enabled. your CPU overclock may be causing issues as well. you can try to tune down your overclock temporarily(along with boosting memory voltage) to see if it helps at all.

forgot to ask, what die is your memory? some hit 3200mhz easier than others.

I actually followed Gigabyte's overclocking guide and I did mess with the voltage and it still did that. This was about 2 weeks or so ago. I'm gonna try this in a bit. Thanks!

Hi guys
Tell me what do you think about this build
I'm planning playing PUBG, Fortnite, Kingdom Come Deliverance

I'm a bit retarded when it comes to parts. What does "die" mean in this case?

Does anyone know of the best way to set up automated in-stock alerts for GALAX store GPUs? They aren't listed on inventory tracking sites since they are a niche manufacturer. I'm guessing watch the store page for a change in the DOM elements?

forgot link
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QhTD4q

just give me your memory model and ill look it up. it means who manufactured your memory; samsung b-die or hynix or the other one

My mistake. Here's some info from CPU-Z, both slot 2 and 4 are the same.

>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
~900 euros

>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
mainly gaming (1080p) and software development

>peripherals etc
not needed. i "only" need CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM and PSU

thanks

This would be better user, you could cut the H7 since the stock cooler is very good
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/RyTD4q

What the fuck is the Intel i5 7640X?

I've just been browsing around my local retailer's store (considering to buy/upgrade my PC for the first since 2011), and I spotted this thing selling for a price like 50% lower than anything close to comparable (at least as far as Ghz x Cores goes, I really don't know how to compare CPUs).

It seems too good to be true, and the odd product number really isn't encouraging me here (X series? xx40?). So what exactly is the catch?

A piece of outdated garbage.

Depends. If we have another crypto
bullrun anytime soon prices won't significantly come down. If there's enough time between each hype cycle prices will flatten out though (happened between spring and autumn runs last year)

Fairly launched PoW coins will always be an alternative to premined ICO tokens.

It needs an expensive motherboard, and it's a 4 core 4 thread CPU in
>current year

i cant find what die your memory is. if you wanna find out, you can download thaiphoon burner(google it, youll find it) and it will tell you.
if its anything but samsung b-die, you may have trouble hitting 3200mhz. id suggest lowering your CPU oc; the voltage in particular, and raising memory voltage a tick or two and trying again. mighta just got unlucky though, not all ram can hit those speeds.

Turn down 4 watt

>It needs an expensive motherboard
Can't be THAT bad since I'm basically paying half for the same amount of Ghz I would have been.

>it's a 4 core 4 thread CPU
I really don't mind. I've been using a i5-2500K and it's been serving me fine up until now.

I was just wonder if it's some oddly specialized shit like "oh, it works GREAT for virtualization, but chugs like a fat middle aged whore when trying to do literally anything else" sort of deal.

Basically everything supports 3000MHz, which is the ideal price/performance for Ryzen.

that was kabylakex i think, now called core-x series. i dont remember exactly, but this is what intel launched after skylake i think, or kabylake, i dont know. the platform had some major problems. i think the cpus all ran absurdly hot.
dunno much about it other than that. it launched pretty much dead on arrivall didnt compete well with ryzen i dont think.

it's a 2066 socket, so it uses expensive x299 boards

Does it mean I have to buy liquid cooling if I pick it?

Any 2400G in stock?

Oh, but it is.
pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#sort=price&s=35

i dont know for sure if they ran hot. dont really know intel and know even less about that platform, sorry. youd probably be better off with a coffee lake chip or ryzen. no one bought that kabylakex stuff, im sure theres a good reason for it.

Thanks mate! I really appreciate it :3
Will go with this and build it up as soon as I can

It's nominally a 112W TDP chip, and its heatspreader is not soldered to the chip, so it's worse at transferring heat.

I want to keep running Windows 7 without resorting to weird BIOS tinkers. Would Lake Chip or Ryzen justwerk?

sup anons which is the ideal speed to perma oc a ryzen 5 1600?

Whatever you can hit at the best voltages with your cooling, and also stable.
3.7 should be free, higher is lottery up to 4.1

yes you can get them runnin on 7, but youll be locked out of certain things. certain updates will be unavailable to you. you may also experience instability. some people get little to no instability, others get random crashes constantly.
you could always dual boot windows 10 and linux. or maybe windows 10 and windows 7 heh?