Why is the entire planet copying my country's pop music? Why don't they know how to create their own genres and styles?

Why is the entire planet copying my country's pop music? Why don't they know how to create their own genres and styles?

Looking directly at you, Britain. You've been leeching off our rock music for decades and now you've started leeching off our hip hop

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(protopunk_band)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey
Hey
Excuse me

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or just retarded

Because other nations have seen how easy it is to neutralize and control an entire population based on the example the US have set through their mass promotion of dumbed-down music, television and film (not to mention low quality food).

because it's profitable

US created:
>Blues
>Jazz
>Rock
>Funk
>Country
>Hip-Hop
>Pop
>Punk

How are we so far ahead?

culture melding
so much music from various immigrants that anyone can easily meld genres

Lelelel

Obviously, black immigrants brought in rhythms which would later be formed into blues.

But isn't it ironic that Amerifags have been cucked hundreds of times by British musicians? Ever heard of Beatles, who pretty much catapulted the development of pop music? Or Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin, which your most popular artists have been ripping off for years and years? Or Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Black Sabbath, MBV, Radiohead for chrissake?

Also, US didn't "create" reggae, ska and so on.

Intellectual superiority I suppose. According the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities, American universities are the best on the planet.

>now you've started leeching off our hip hop
how so

You are an idiot.

Well any hip hop that isn't from America is leeching off American hip hop... VERY few people outside of the US make good hip hop.

This level of pleb holy shit

How's high school, kid?

The UK invented drum and bass so we're even.

I didn't even realize that the UK actually was starting to have a big hip-hop scene. Any examples?

>black immigrants

England is obsessed with its former colonies

4head

You do realize that part of the violent foreign policy that your country executes involves not only starting random wars, but also practically forcing your culture into other countries?

Its not that we are copying. The USA is aggressively imposing its shitty ass culture into us.

Go read a fucking history book.

just listen to whatever that "grime" shit is like skepta

lol grime isn't hip hop

There's plenty of British hip hop and it's terrible.

Hey there, guvna! Why do you steal my country's language and then use it to be a self-entitled prick?

mfw Britain is talking shit about american imperialism.

and techno was created in America, so we win :^)

>muh US imperialism.

Except that's wrong. It's you who need a history brush up. But I understand Yuropoor text books are one part fellating their own history and one part "American did it" on every successive page.

Because you had african slaves make those genres for you.

>punk

Nice try, retard.

>grime isn't hip hop
lmfao

I am aware; the OP was a rhetorical question. I made this thread to mock vassals like you for your cultural subservience to the United States

Im from chile, and your country practically forced a coup d'etat here, that lead to one of the most violent military dictatorships in our history. Carter even admitted it.

How come Im the one that needs a brush up you idiot?

>live in developing country
>tell people im from america
>tell people i like music
>OMG I LOVE AMERICAN MUSIC DO YOU LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER? YOU LOOK JUST LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER
>actually justin bieber is canadian
>BUT YOU LOOK JUST LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER HAHA WOW AN ACTUAL AMERICAN I LOVE AMERICAN MUSIC WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG? MINE IS SEE YOU AGAIN
>i like a different kind of music from that
>WHAT DO YOU LIKE? ROCK? HIP HOP? I LIKE BALLAD I KNOW IM NOT AMERICAN BUT IM A REALLY MODERN PERSON AND I KNOW ALL ABOUT AMERICAN MUSIC DO YOU READ THE BILLBOARD WEBSITE? LETS GO TO A BAR

Why dont you google what operation condor was, and shut the fuck up.

the thread was addressing britain. I thought it was funny that britain was getting pissed about imperialism seeing as they basically taught the US how to do it. I didn't realize it was a brown fag.

British bands were still singing I Want to Hold Your Hand and listening to American Blues artists thinking about how they're going to rip them off when the US Garage Rock scene was burgeoning with bands like the Sonics, Kingsmen, ? and Mysterians, the Seeds, etc, etc.

And as far a "proper punk," pretty much everyone agrees the Ramones kick started, if not outright invented it.

>According to Generation X bassist Tony James, "Everybody went up three gears the day they got that first Ramones album. Punk rock—that rama-lama super fast stuff—is totally down to the Ramones. Bands were just playing in an MC5 groove until then."[115]

Pick any popular 20th century pop genre, and it's likely it was started in the States, and that includes supposed "British genres" like post-punk, progressive rock, and glam rock.

literally the only music the uk can claim as its own is goth and punk

>Why is the entire planet copying my country's pop music? Why don't they know how to create their own genres and styles?
>the entire planet.

Im not brown.

It also is responsible for your status as the most prosperous and stable country in Latin America, not to mention it fixed your collapsing economy. The "brutal" Pinochet dictatorship is responsible for you being able to speak to me right now

Stop telling us to read a textbook; Americans learn about the countries they economically and culturally conquered all the time in history class.

its pretty crap, nothing personell though to the school though

Im glad that they teach you how violent your country is then.

yeah because only rock subgenres exist and nothing

Quit being so jealous of Americans. It doesn't suit you

>IDM

That's just classic american reasoning. Why I would be jealous of a country of complete idiots?

How can I be jealous of a country responsible for an uncountable amount deaths? If you find a kind of merit on that, then fine.

Most Americans do not support >an uncountable amount deaths

You are generalizing all of America by the things our leaders do.

If we're so stupid, why do we control your country?

>There's plenty of British hip hop and it's terrible.
u wot m8

I said country, reffering to your lovely leaders. Most americans are not even aware of what your leaders have done in the past 80 years in terms of foreing policy.

Because you are violent idiots, I already said that.

I mean, the war on terror? If that is not a work of idiocy and violence I dont know what it is.

Allende was an ally of the Soviet Union and went many times to them for aid (yes, relations did cool between Allende and the USSR . After the Cuban Missile crisis scare, the United States wasn't just going to let a Communist sympathizer set up shop in South America.

>But muh fairly democratically elected Communist president!

Did you know Chile was a strong ally of the US post-WWII, and fervently anti-Communist until Allende's cult of personality won the public over?

Chile broke ties first. And don't act like the Chile's congress didn't despise Allende.

Accountability? You prefer the lawyer to the wolf? Don't worry, you will have your corporations soon enough. You may say "we have invented happiness" and you will blink. I wouldn't want to upset your digestion.

Country usually refers to all that reside in it, rather than just the leaders.

Sorry for the confusion

>punk
Wew

Yeah baby, I know that.

But in what moment does the "its ok for the usa to intervene" part enter the picture?

Im not talking about chile alone, you have done it with most of latin america and middle eastern countries.

Its ok that you are from the usa, I dont care.
But you cant justify violence and you know that.

Creative tripfagging is still tripfagging.

And yes, Ramones were first

>responsible for an uncountable amount deaths?

We didn't start:

>WWI
>WWII
>Korean War
>The Vietnam War
>Iraq I
>The War on Terror

Iraq II was started under false pretenses indeed, but I don't think the world is missing Saddam and his batshit insane sons who got off on torturing civilians for kicks.

I always find it funny when foreigners take the moral high ground regarding Iraq II and the War on Terror. It's not like Saddam gassed his own people once with chemical weapons. He a goo' boy. He dindu nuffin.

And yeah, the Taliban were indeed a progressive and peaceful regime that the people just loved.

>Why is the entire planet copying my country's pop music?
Cultural imperialism.

>I mean, the war on terror?
Please read the thread before posting, we're talking about Chile.

But a country as intellectually superior as Chile should have found its way out of the American yoke by now, right? I don't understand, if you're smarter than Americans and don't like being under our control, why are you still under our control?

Ok, you didn't start them, good for you.

The whole world is against the USA, poor you guys!! Just because we are so jealous of your superior culture like Taylor swift, tom cruise and your action movies!

Saddam was just one crazy terrorist! he just came out of nowhere and started killing civilians everywhere!!

thank god you took care of him, the world is such a better place with you in control americans!

>its ok for the usa to intervene

Because our safety (and the world's safety) could've been compromised?

I know in hindsight, the USSR probably didn't have plans to build any kind of base in Chile, but fears were very high during that period, not only in the US, but in the entire world.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Doomsday clock was like one minute from midnight. I don't think many people understand how close shit was to hitting the fan.

Then 2 years later (1964), Chile re-establishes ties with the Soviet Union, and opens up trade negotiations with the them 3 years later. Then a political figure (Allende) who openly endorses Communist ideology is elected. Yeah, the United States has no reason to be nervous here.

And like I said, it just wasn't the US who didn't like Allende. His party didn't get enough votes to control congress/senate, and this dislike even forced the moderate party (Christian Democrats) to align with Chile's right wing.

The world is just a little bit better...

... thanks to America

Im just glad that we are not such a hateful and violent country like the USA. You might be more powerful economically, but who cares as long as your values are shit?
Im not saying we are smarter, you brought the economic superiority to the table, which is something I dont care. Im talking about values.

Thank you for soul and jazz music though.

>Because our safety (and the world's safety) could've been compromised?

Im out.

>Im talking about values.
No shit, you're a textbook slave moralist. "Values" are spooks, and yours are based around the resentment of the strong because you yourself are weak.

>the world is such a better place with you in control americans!

Is it not?

When Europe was in charge:

Rampant colonization by the sword the world over that makes the United States is supposedly doing look like child's play.

Two World Wars that claimed millions upon millions of lives.

Constant meddling (you probably think the Middle East being what it is today is "Murka's fault." The UK controlled that region for about half of the 20th century. Another fun fact is that France was Saddam's largest armorer throughout his regime).

And the other super power at the time (the USSR) was batshit crazy. Yeah, let's hand the world over to the friendly "Workers of the World Unite" to the Soviets. It's not like they had a regime that killed 50 million of their own people or anything.

Our hands are pretty fuckin' clean by comparison.

So why are you complaining again?

this thread is fucking shit

you rekt his ass, holy fuck

Its funny because when discussions around this subjets arise in my circle of friends and family I tend to be on your side, but the amount of mean spiritedness you have displayed here is really alarming.

And being strong is not the same as being violent. I know you have been taught that, but its not true.

I hope you have a nice life.

There have been hip hop scenes outside the US for decades.
Hip hop fans really need to stop being so insular.

>He thinks punk is British

Too bad your father didn't get a helicopter ride

>When Europe was in charge

Who said I wanted europe to be in charge, I want every country to have its own hegemony intact. Something that the USA has a problem with for some reason. Again, I recommend you google Operation Condor.

Violence coming from an american! How original.

Adios, esclavo

>Im talking about values.

But you have no examples of the United States being less moral than any other super power. You're whole argument and anger toward the US is based off the Allende situation.

If Allende didn't want to face pressure from the US, then he shouldn't have opened diplomatic lines with the USSR, who the United States just, you know, like had a nuclear missile standoff a few years prior.

Was he retarded? Did he actually think Washington were just going to sit on their hands after what happened with Cuba?

And you keep failing to acknowledge that both the moderate and right wing parties of Chile were opposed to him. It's not the US just waltzed in their and disposed of Allende on their own accord.

Allende was a charlatan. Like all Communist leaders, he'll throw some proverbial bones to the underclass, decry the "rich," all the while ruling with an iron fist.

Yeah, Cuba has great literacy rates, universal healthcare, and >3 percent unemployment. So why is it their people are risking lives on a fuckin' raft to get over here?

>hands are pretty fuckin' clean

Which other countries have nuked anyone?

who cares, our safety and the worlds safety could've been compromised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I want every country to have its own hegemony intact.

And how was that going to work with Allende?

You would've just been a Soviet puppet state if he got his way. He repeatedly went to the USSR for aid. Yes, the USSR rebuked him, but he wanted them as an ally, obviously.

So the US is just supposed to standby in that situation and clap approvingly for Chile?

The Cold War sucked. Tensions were high everywhere, and unfortunately a lot of countries got caught in the middle as the US and USSR penis measured, but you simplify things too much with the idea that US just acts of out a petulant need to be mean.

But I ask, did the end ultimately justify the means (not necessarily in Chile, but the US countering possible Soviet influence in their sphere of influence with coups and the like)?

Would you have liked if the Soviets won the Cold War and its brand of Communism was the defacto world order?

Note: I'm not even nowhere close to right wing. I just see no other alternatives for those situations.

So you would've preferred a ground invasion and millions of Japanese civilians with pitchforks and such getting chewed up by American and British infantry?

Cry about it loser.

We're violent.

And?

There's a reason your country is only known for its peppers.

>Which other countries have nuked anyone?

I also have no sympathy for the Imperial Era Japanese after their exploits in China.

"But they were good boys! They dindu nuffin!"

Oh, you really dont get it do you.

Nukes are good. They effectively prevent conventional warfare.
Their power was demonstrated once and they've never been deployed again.
I think all major, stable countries (including Iran) should have them.

>We're violent.

We're not even that violent. European history is basically one 2000 year long blood bath peppered with some cool inventions and artwork now and then.

Both your country and mine are better off today because the CIA overthrew your government. What's not to get? What are you so butthurt about?

>who is Death

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(protopunk_band)

>b-but muh sex pistols
From the sonics to the stooges to MC5 to the ramones. Punk is american from the ground up

Hell, you can even say Jerry Lee Lewis was punk. Lighting your piano on fire is pretty punk.

And structurally, his music was fast and lean.

New skepta is trap tho.

Which country fought a war using literal terrorism?
Oh yeah, the US did.

Stop being Faggots and go to Sup Forums or talk about music. This site is such shit

Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil.
Jesus was an architect, prior to his career as a profit.
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world.
So there was only one thing I could do.
and that was DING A DING DANG MY DANGALONG LING LONG

*prophet
i'm too drunk for this nonsense.

DING A DING DANG A DONG LONG LING LONG DING A DING DANG A DONG

You guys have been forcing us to listen to your retarded shit for more than half a century. You are an idiot.