What's Sup Forums's latest shilled-to-death meme phone?

What's Sup Forums's latest shilled-to-death meme phone?

This one from 2013 lasted me for 5 years with flying colors, so I trust you guys

I'm the type not to give a shit about brand, just want something that works WELL for the cheapest price, and don't have to worry about it breaking.

I have a $200 huawei honor 6x that I've owned for a few months that I abused the shit out of, exposed to moisture, etc (albeit while cased/tempered glass cover applied to screen), and still works as well as the day I bought it. Fast as hell, and no lag. The default firmware might be chink botnet but I've never had any issues with slowdown or bugs, it just werkz.

Ditto for the honor 5x. It was also cased, but I've accidentally spiked it into concrete (seriously: was running late to class, tripped, and used the phone to break my fall), dropped it about a million times, and exposed it to moisture. It's a year and a half old and still works fine to this day, though the age of its chipset is starting to show (it's a little slow). Only reason I upgraded was because a family member needed a new phone.

I've had motorola, sony, samsung, BLU and oneplus androids over the years. Huawei seems to provide the best cost ratio of any android I've tried

I really recommend the Moto G5S Plus desu

moto g serie or xiaomi.

I really like my 300$ Lenovo P2, great battery life

Moto G or Xiaomi.

this
great performance and battery life

This. I've had trouble getting LTE on all of the xiaomi devices I've tried (cricket wireless, east coast USA) ranging from redmi 4, note4, and the Mi A1.

The A1 I got H+ and all of the others were just 3G. G5 plus (not S version) gets full LTE where I live, so I guess take that into consideration if you're stateside. It might just be me, however..

G5 Plus/G5S Plus. Don't fuck with non moto

Oneplus phones are pretty good imo

Moto G5 Plus / G5S Plus. You already know de wey, now it's just a matter of staying on it.

Nexus 6 unless you're a manlet.

>Moto G
>OnePlus One
>Xiaomi Redmi Note 4*
We're still waiting for a new one

*Xiaomi is great but usually they don't have completely LTE support on US, so check it out. Works great on EU tho

Moto G5 Plus is the only way to go right now

same as what everyone else is saying.
Moto Sup Forums 5+ or g5s+ is the best budget phone on the market at the moment.

By any chance if you live in Finland or some other country where OnePlus is sold by local retail, get the previous model (5 non t) for cheap.

Xiaomi mi 6 or moto g5 plus senpai

I'm still using my Moto Sup Forums. Does everything I need it to and the battery has shown no signs of giving out.

Oneplus 5t

>almost $300 is considered "budget"
>a phone equivalent to my drop-dead piece of shit Moto E 2nd Gen costs $60-$100
>the moto e cost me about $50 almost two years ago
>a reasonable upgrade from this ginormous piece of shit would cost at least $200

What the fuck is up with this bullshit? Why are phones so much more expensive now than they were even two years ago?

I don't want to pay $300 just to have a phone that isn't a complete piece of shit. "Technology always improves" my fucking ass.

For me, it's the iPhone 8+ by Appleā„¢.

OnePlus 3

I wonder the same. Still keep my old Moto E2 for backup and works like day 1.
My theory is that the market was flooded with 8gb + 1gb ram phones and they need to get rid of them, or something.
The only phone I found that could replace my old Moto in a similar price range is a shitty Huawei Y6 II (basically a crippled p8lite) that doesn't even have OTG and was $120 bucks, while I paid $70 for my old one, when it just came out 3yrs ago
Moto E4 isnt cheap and Moto C is crap, and I don't trust Xiaomi, specially since EMUI is cancer

People are paying $1000 for the iPhone Ex and you're complaining about $300 phones?
>T. Guy who spent $800 on an iph8.

get the g5 plus
same processor, better camera, better battery life
the only downside is the screen is smaller

Bump that up to the 6P. The battery life on that phone is godlike

I got one like 2 months ago
wondering if you know anything about this?

have any of you experienced that the power and volume keys are somewhat rattly, or that there is a lag in the brightness setting?

what kind of launcher do you use? I've tried out KISS, but it refuses to sort apps by "frecency".

have you succesfully rooted it? if so, what guide did you use?

I just want to make it exactly the way I want it

Just because you and many others have more money then sense and enjoy getting ass raped by corporations that specialize in spying on and ripping consumers off doesn't mean $300 phones worth $40 are great deal that consumers should gladly purchase and be thankful for.

oh sorry, I have the G5+ not the G5S+
it was too heavy imo
maybe most of the advice is similar anyways

Does anyone know why there aren't official lineage builds for the moto g 5+? I was under the impression that the moto g line has always attracted a ton of developers since it's cheap but still decent.

Also I use the micro g lineage rom, and I'm not really willing to buy a phone without that.

>corporations that specialize in spying on consumers
Lol nice tinfoil hat.
Even if that was true, I only use my phone for 5 things: Calling my parents, messaging 1 (one) friend, watching youtube or netflix, taking pictures of my cats and listening to music.
Who gives a shit if they spy on me? They'll probably get bored.

T. Guy buying phone from Chinese companies

post a cat pic!

I binned my Moto G2 LTE last month for a Redmi Note 4
It's a really good upgrade despite having to import it myself

I agree with this

Get a Moto e4 prepaid from Verizon, they're $40. You can buy an unlock code from eBay for $2

I've been using one since August and have had no problems using it. It's surprisingly fast, 2gb of ram, fingerprint reader. It works better than a lot of the supposed "budget" phones you can buy for $150

the verizon one probably won't have the bands to work on gsm carriers

G4 Play

Basically more what a G4 would've been if they had decided to keep the design and specs consistent. And a removable battery to boot.

>brags about buying a bloated $1000 phone with a shitty camera to take pictures of cats
Opinion discarded
>projecting
Opinion also discarded

You retards are missing the point.
>$1000 meme phone = retarded purchase
>phone selling for $300 that is worth less $50 = retarded purchase
As stated above just because niggers such as yourself have more money then sense doesn't validate exorbitant prices of meme phones.

Yeah that huawei phone you have is definitely not spying on you

>brags about buying a bloated $1000 phone with a shitty camera to take pictures of cats
My nigga I like having nice stuff, that a fucking crime?

I had a Huawei before my iPhone. It fucking sucks, fuck China.

Me too lmao, I had the Nexus 6p and it was a piece of shit, battery died at 40% remaining
Now I've got an 8+ and it's gr8

I've tested it on T Mobile, Cricket, Freedompop and AT&T and it has worked fine on all of those carriers. The only band it lacks is band 12 but I still get 4g LTE speeds because my carrier doesn't use it.

Op if you decide on a chink phone be careful with ones which aren't xoami I had a couple umi phones they were really good devices spec wise but the screens got pressure marks really easily never had that with a non chink phone

it may be to do with the ram if its gone up for OCS it must have gone up for phones so phone manufacturers are probably paying more

I made the upgrade from a Moto e2 I got for $10 in 2015 (black friday sale) to a $40 Moto E from Verizon (popular purchase from Slickdeals) with a $2 unlock code, I can use it on any GSM carrier. The phone is very snappy thanks to its 2gb of ram and SD 425. Unfortunately the camera is shit but it does come with a fingerprint sensor. It's also running stock android basically so it's even faster than a phone with those specs ought to be.

Buy a Moto G4 for around $100
If you buy an Amazon Prime version, Amazon released an update that removes all the ads so use that to get it really cheap

I bought a Moto G4 based on Sup Forums's suggestion and it was the worst phone purchase I've ever made. I even had it RMA'd with a totally different phone and it was no better. Of course the Sup Forums viral marketers will disagree with me but that thing was shit.

Using a Moto X Pure that I've got for 260 Euro's. Great specs for the price. Ordered a Oneplus 2 for 90 Euro's yesterday

Sounds like you had a bad experience user. I'm still using my G4Plus and so far it's been without fault. Seeing as they're going to upgrade it to Oreo soon, I don't see a reason to buy a new one in the next couple of years.

I had real issues with the two I got. Bought the first brand new retail, and the second was a refurb phon Motorola sent me.

They both were completely identical in the problems they had. Major one was audio distortion over the earpiece/speaker. The camera also refused to focus if there wasn't bright lighting. Plus some other minor stuff. I thought the first one was defective but the second one was the same. They were so much worse than the Lumias I used to buy on sale for $30 every year. I sold my phone to an elderly person who couldn't hear the distorted audio.

I will say the G4 Play appears to be fine. Got my mom one of those at the same time.

I still have my op2, and they even pushed firmware updates for the really serious vulns last year. I don't know if it's /ourphone/ or whatever but I'm happy with it. Even after literally burning part of the case accidentally I haven't noticed hardware problems. I had to dump a lot of photos off of it recently for my battery life, but that was a problem with the mediaserver process so I can't blame oneplus for that.

>Fuck China.

Says the guys who buy Chinese built iPhones. I know they are designed in America, but come on guys. Without China, your iPhone would be considerably more expensive given that apple wants a certain markup.

Phones aren't good anymore

i have an honor 6x as well, and i actually really like it. it's close to the best you can do for 150$. i don't think it's going to get oreo, so if it matters to you the 7x may be a better choice for 50$ more

pic related: it's got dual camera so you can take meme unfocused pictures with it.

I'm still holding on to my first gen Moto G I live in Canada they only have the G5 and not the Plus which really pissing me off

I MISS MY NEXUS 4 I BOUGHT IN THE FIRST ROUND OF PRESALES, THOSE WERE THE DAYS

NEXUS 4 = GOAT NEXUS OF ALL TIME

> Nexus 6 unless you're a manlet.
Every day I realize how literally perfect that phone was. I know a lot of reviews shat on I never dealt with any of those issues.

what an ugly duckling.

>GOAT NEXUS OF ALL TIME
>Greatest of all time Nexus of all time

i switched my moto g for a xiaomi mi a1

it's way better. the moto g5 plus is just too fucking ugly for me to consider.

would have bought it by now but I hate that fuckin ugly camera. can Sup Forums recommend me some good looking phone? clean design like nexus 4 prefered

HTC U11 Life or Moto X4

I bought an unlocked moto Sup Forums in 2015 for 50 neetbux off craigslist because Sup Forums told me too, and it is literally as good as all the hype. It's the only time this has happened

I'm actually excited for my S8+ lease to be up so I can go back to a $200 Nexus 6.

Using OnePlus One since its release, now my secondary phone.
Using OnePlus 5T for two months, my work phone.
Great customization, many options, very good hardware, great value for money.

Galaxy S7 for $200 murican bucks.

ditching smart phones and going back to voice and text

These phones might be worth of you have a contract or something like that.
If you don't just buy one from China

Oneplus is the new Nexus. Literally has better custom developement than Pixels, and better build quality as well. Can't compete with their camera algorithms though.

No Verizon though

Are you sure? 5 is supposed to be a single global model with every band of sd835.

Verizon is, to my knowledge, the only US carrier that uses CDMA. So if a phone has all the gsm bands it will still work in America and everywhere else in the world, but not on Verizon's network.

gradualling increasing prices to increase even more the profits. Goyim will always fall for this.

I have a OnePlus 3T and if I have wifi on I occasionally don't get calls. I'm on At&T. Anybody else experience this?

THE FUCKIN BALLS ON VZW, NOBODY ELSE CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS

>WE'RE THE #1 NETWORK NOW EAT SHIT BYOD FAGS
WEW

I'm in a similar boat. My phone will need upgrading soon as it's 5 years old and starting to physically wear, but i'm going to have to pay more than i did in 2013 for a comparable product.

Xiaomi redmi note 4x

user you make me sad. "Its not true, and if it is i don't care".

1) It is true, all major tech companies are part of PRISM, and likely other still unknown projects/agencies. Accept it.

2) The point is not that you shouldn't use tech, or that you are going to be targeted individually. The point is that people should be aware that is the way the world currently works. At the national level you have no privacy. You don't have to be be okay with that just because you "have nothing to hide." Would you let someone strip you naked and cavity search you because "lol ive got nothing to hide" or "lol why would they care about me"? That degree of asymmetry in power and control over our personal lives is dehumanizing.

Motorola makes the best phones. You can't go wrong with anything they produce.

Bought a Oneplus 2 64gb/4gb ram for 90 Euro's. Did I do well?

>SD810

>W
Why the Plus models? The only difference is a shitty dual camera.

What the fuck do I care about other people, man. I don't want to spend >$200 on a fucking Facebook device.

It got plenty of power right? On the OP2 the overheating was fixed for a bit

G5 Plus has a snapdragon 625 and larger screen. The regular G5 is garbage by comparison.

The G5S Plus vs G5 Plus, which is what I think you actually are asking, has the better camera but is also newer and will receive more software updates.

Why do people throwing this argument always use such terrible analogies. Undressing for strangers and getting a fist shoved up your ass is just straight up unpleasant, won't notice much from the spying.

So Sup Forums Moto X4 or Xiaomi A1?

How does the OP2 perform? I just ordered one for 90 Euro's