James Blake - The Colour in Anything

So, with Death Grips and Radiohead taking all the attention this week, I haven't seen this album talked about here, and James Blake seems to be pretty well-recognized in Sup Forums.

What did you guys think of it? I liked it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lndly/forestfire
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was raining here the day it dropped and I listened to it on my commute to work and back.

Enjoyed the first half.

Need to relisten to the second half because on the commute home I had diarrhea and could barely focus the drive home, let alone James Blake

Phenomenal album, honestly might be the best of the big three this weekend. I enjoyed it the first time, but I'm now giving it my undivided attention and it's dark in my apartment so this feels really intimate. It has a dark tone but has some beautiful and bright moments too, something James Blake has tried to improve I think. This album will reward those patient enough to take it all in a couple times.

its pretty dull

Also, Radio Silence and Modern Soul (especially the latter) just blew me away.

Very very good. What music in 2016 should sound like

this

His s/t was the epitome of his sound, this feels half-assed desu.

Take self-titled's avantgarde R&B

add the melodies of Overgrown

and then the Rick Rubin touch

MASTERPIECE

When I read that the album was made smoking tons of DUDE WEED LMAO, I lost interest on It

>When I read that the album was made smoking tons of DUDE WEED LMAO
Except it wasn't, only part of it was. And then in response he wrote a track condemning it.

listen to this edit of i need a forest fire

soundcloud.com/lndly/forestfire

I love this album, personally. The back half has some hella great songs. I'll admit the new Radiohead has taken my attention from it a bit, but both albums are up there in my AOTY list.

Nobody has a FLAC link, do they?

AOTY material

i mean, just check whatcd then rutracker.

plebs think his older albums are better but this is his magnum opus

the mega plebs are the ones that thinks his dubstep EPs are the best

not good
has fallen the fuck off since S/T
for white boys who never bothered to listen to any motown records

It's called progression lol

this album was so BOOORRRRIIINNNGGG

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think James went to shit with this album
I bet you liked the album cover too.

why is it so hard to make an album cover that isn't ugly as shit

definitely enjoying it, it kind of drops off in the second half though, I think it could have been edited down a few tracks

wish Waves Know Shores was longer