How does Sup Forums deal with eye strain from sitting too long in front of the computer?

How does Sup Forums deal with eye strain from sitting too long in front of the computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Why-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-is-such-a-headache.270240.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never had eye strain.

Literally my eyes evolved over the years. If i dont stare at some kind of screen for longer period of time my head starts to hurt.

blink hard manually every 10-15min to secrete moisture from ur lower eyelids' glands

consciously blink more and take breaks

Never had eye strain again after putting blue light filters on my eye glasses. It gives the screen a very mild yellow tint on whites, though

Can I filter blue light with redshift?

redshift or f.lux haven't really worked out for me and their tint is much more obvious.

Putting anti-bluelight filters on my glasses is the only thing that actually worked. They are somewhat pricey though.

by having monitor brightness at 20% instead of 100% which is the out-of-the-box factory for most monitors

don't listen to the linux virgins praising Flux and other shitty applications. They probably don't know how to lower the brightness on their monitors.

this helps a lot

You think that's a good sign?

I am setting it to 50%. I haven't thought about this for some reason. Thanks

Most monitors are at 100% out-of-the-box because they're meant to be used in a well-lit room, not a room without lamps.

Lower brightness
Look around and readjust your eyes every so often
Blink

So I set the backlight to 50% now. How do I find whats the name of the brightness on my thinkpad so that I can bind them in my i3 config, to be able do increase or decrease the brightness?

I get new glasses every year. Haven't really noticed any difference in comfort with or without blue light filters.

room light up, brightness down.

1) take breaks
2) use redshift
3) keep your monitor at around 25% brightness, raise to 30-50 if you need more.

xbacklight. intel-backlight if you use i915 as your GPU kernel driver. xf86-video-intel is also required.

Switching to 165Hz helped me alot

i always have the lamp full power or the pwm noise will drive me nuts
just adjust color levels to what's comfortable to look at

I know the command, I wanted to use the keys for the brightness. The keys that you press Fn + F8 in my case do lower the brightess or Fn+ F9 do increase the brightness

Get to walk on afternoon and see thing begin far away of you, usually your eye muscle are weak only see close thing and lack sun light.

this really helps
even sitting next to a window and looking outside once in a while helps refocus your eyes and reduce muscle strain

I lowered by screen brightness to 30-40%, and am using RedShift. Also, I will try to take breaks every 30 min and look at stuff far away.

Did I miss anything?

make sure there's some sort of backlighting to your screen, such as a lamp pointing at the wall, to avoid high contrast between screen and surroundings. If your eyes would strain reading off a book in your room's lighting, then they'll probably also strain reading a screen.
ensure all lights are off dimmer switches, which typically flicker in order to dim rather constantly restricting current (or grab a lamp that does not flicker regardless of dimness)
Lighting in general should be powered using DC sources rather than AC sources

yeah. i use media brightness keys too but i also have mappings for the keyboard arrows.

I found out what they are called:

XF86MonBrightnessUp
XF86MonBrightnessDown

glasses, low brightness, and breaks

adding to , you can check at a glance what light sources are flickering by setting your phone camera to 1/60 to 1/120 or so. This makes it extremely easy to tell which lights are dimming properly and which are flickering, it will be very obvious even without description

I used to have a shitty Toshiba laptop, eyestrain was constant. Now I have pic related, and it's gone.

I don't (didn't) and now I am short-sighted. Go me.

I only get eyestrain on the monitors at work, basically never on my own.

t. dual IPS 60hz 1080p monitors

I don't really have eye strain but I do have frequent headaches even after sitting in front of the screen for up to two hours. This has been happening since decwmber and it's pretty annoying. Got my eyes checked and it's all in order too.

Git Hub

by sitting behind of the computer

notebookcheck.net/Why-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-is-such-a-headache.270240.0.html

Toughen up your eyes. Just rub a tiny bit of something like pictured in your eyes each day and eventually your eyes will not feel the effects of strain because they'll be much tougher.

Thanks for the tip user I will try this

Geniace.

Get one of those cheap usb led sticks at put it in the usb port behind your monitor. Light behind the screen with reduce eye strain

in 5 years they'll have cybernetic eyes anyways who cares

by making sure I dont use any devices that use pulse width modulation, which is the primary cause of eyestrain outside of being a subhuman with shit eyesight.

How do I check devices for this?

20-20-20 rule, after 20 minutes looking at monitor, look 20 feet away for 20 seconds

>in 500 years they'll have cybernetic eyes anyways who cares.

Fixed

In 500 years whites will be extinct and technology will be a lost relic of ancient civilization

$ grep MonB .config/i3/config
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessUp exec xbacklight -time 0 -inc 1
bindsym XF86MonBrightnessDown exec xbacklight -time 0 -dec 1
$

Those gaymer glasses are legitimately useful for this sort of thing