Lmao what the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>let's make an album

probably
>let's make our best album

Only poseurs like this album

They were thinking "You know, maybe we should actually try something creative. Let's get a concept, let's play some polyrhythms, use some Dorian or other modal scales."

And then afterwards "Fuck we forgot our fans were plebs."

I'm surprised you continue to post here after what happened

what happened?

"Our fans will buy anything"

people posted my dox and said they would fuck me up

They never did tho lmao

yeah they did, it's in the archive

And they're right!

After AMSP, this seems like a masterstroke.

shit we didn't actually earn any money when we gave inraindbows for free !!, what to do

I enjoy that album a lot. It adds more variety to their already diverse discography.

oh I thought he meant you getting absolutely BTFO

pretty sure they said they made more money from in rainbows than all previous albums combined

this

tru

youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk

better than anything on shit shaped moon pool

I think it's great, and works well as a successor to In Rainbows. I know it isn't a virtue that I gained this perspective after reading about both albums, but it's cool that In Rainbows is about transitions and revelations, with most of the songs ending differently than they started, and TKOL is about dwelling in a place of peace, the destination discovered.

I like that TKOL isn't about Thom being depressed.

they forgot they weren't the same person

[spoiler]this album is actually pretty good, even if it is their worst other than pablo honey[/spoiler]

That album is better than In Rainbows and probably A Moon Shaped Pool. I don't understand the hate it gets. It's creative and interesting while still being a pretty active and fun listen. Bloom, Mr. Magpie, Little by Little, and Lotus Flower are all great songs, and the last 3 songs make a really beautiful suite.

dude that's a very awesome insight that is dead on right
thanks for that

I think every song on here is a literal 10/10 and its their best album by a long shot.

>Let's make an album that isn't going to be as good as what came immediately before it, or after it, but one that's really good outside one track (Feral)

Also obligatory Kid A sucks, fuck you if you like it, it has 4 good songs maybe

>and probably A Moon Shaped Pool
lel it's not

in rainbows maybe

"no"

this desu

Pleb as fuck.

>eiirp
>kid a
>htdc
>tna
>idioteque
>mps
>others
>3 or 4

Dorian isn't even remotely creative or interesting.

yea seriously, it took them how many fuckin years to make a sequel to finding nemo and thats what they come up with? fuckin idiots

It's definitely not better than either of those. Creative and interesting don't automatically make it a better album. To me it mostly feels incomplete, like they didn't have time to finish and just threw us what they had.

this

thay made the Remain in Light of the 21st century and nobody got it.

>
I thinnk you are thinking of "Dory" lmfao XD

Dorian is a musical scale, its what Radiohead delved into on TKOL NOT the animated charcter from finding nemo

It's cute you repeat shit someone else said without realising how nothing you mentioned is creative.

>says the ultimate hardcore poseur tripfag

this pretty much
it's their best album, just a shame their fans are fucking stupid 4 chord rockers

T b h

Sup Forums and the general public seem overly vindictive of short albums.

TKOL feels super cohesive and is a satisfying listen

this desu

Daily reminder

Only the PLEBBIEST of Radiohead fans say they "dislike" this album or that it's "not up to par with their other work"

this
literally top 3 radiohead

Your taste is too good for the likes of me user

But it's my fifth favorite LP behind OKC, Kid A, IR and now AMSP

Kid A > AMSP > TKOL > IR > Amnesiac > HttT > OKC > The Bends > Pablo
this is the only right answer.

>OKC
>Behind HTTT

I have to ask why because I don't think I've ever seen this before

Hail to the Thief kind of falls apart between tracks 4 and 6
OKC completely falls apart between tracks 4 and 6.

I do realize Let Down is in there, but even Let Down can't save OKC from the mediocrity in its dull center.

I mean it's just my opinion but both Let Down and Karma Police are two of the top songs on this album for me. I do hate electioneering though so I can understand that

TKoL is their only true patrician album.

AMSP is pretty damn patrish too honestly even though I know it just came out

think about it this way if you divide the album into 4 parts as the LP copies do.
HttT Side D > OKC Side A > HttT side A > OKC Side D > HttT Side B+C > OKC Side B+C

>release their best album to date
>plebs hated it

L
O
L

ok you pleby fuck. why don't you elaborate, oh of course you cant.

Dorian is a mode

Thinking of pushing musical boundaries again and trying something new while also including some familiar sounds as well.

It got the worst reaction they've ever had and now they've gone and released a sub-par album that sounds more like it's treading ground they've already covered.

I completely disagree about AMSP covering ground they've covered.
TKOL also happened to contain a load of material they had already performed live so if that is your basis for hating on AMSP you are full of shit. That being said, even these renditions of these songs are incredibly fresh sounding in Radioheads discgraphy, even to longtime fans like myself.

I rate HTTT above OKC, but I rate HTTT above all their albums.

>tfw everyone was waiting for part 2 because the last track is called Separator

kek...Kek....KEK

it was more because of the lyrics of said track but okay.

I see AMSP as more of a subtle evolution of what IR was doing. The layering on it is crazier than IR and the incorporation of orchestral elements on AMSP is incredibly organic.

To be fair the B-side "singles" might as well have been a disc 2 of sorts. Only 4 tracks but they generally elevate TKOL as a whole.

>no actual studio versions of Daily Mail or Staircase
fucking stupid

I wish I could think this but so much of it sounds like stuff that could have been on their last few albums. Not saying it's bad but it's the first album where I feel like they haven't stepped forward at all.

I sort of feel that way about HTTT as well. But that was over a decade ago and they were kind of applying what they did on Kid A and Amnesiac to their earlier style and still trying new things.

AMSP reall doesn't feel forward moving at all.

this desu

no, no, they're radiohead fans! they can handle 5 chords.

seriously tkol is radiohead's most interesting work. kid a and amnesiac are nice syntheses of rock with idm but tkol really is a leap forward.

A great mixture of repetitive and hypnotizing rhythms, atmospheric ambience and perfect vocals.

Anyone actually hating it (if not memeing) should re-listen to Morning Mr Magpie and Seperator, or the whole album which is another masterpiece by Radiohead.

Give it 5 years, will be seen as an innovative masterpiece.

THE MOST ACCURATE THING EVER STATED IN THE HISTORY OF THIS SHITHOLE EXCUSE OF A MUSIC WEBSITE

yeah i was really hoping for something in the vein of tkol instead we got a nice comfy album but it's nothing new besides radiohead using some more orchestras really.

really glad to see that people on here talk positively about tkol. Honestly a really great album it's just too far gone for most radiohead fans.

Kid A, for all the praise heaped on it by critics, is really not that challenging of an album. Really only the first 3 tracks are challenging, after that most of it wouldn't be out of place on OK Computer (except for Treefingers of course). Everything in Its Right Place and The National Anthem are bangers though so there's really not much left that's difficult to grasp.

Montie why are you such a faggot sometimes? I genuinely like this album
>b-but muh taste tells me this is bad so anyone who likes it must be posing!
Your taste is still in the plebeian phase so I forgive you.

>it's a /daily/ plebeians drone hampus and suddenly love TKOL episode

>it's an "user is too retarded to realize there has always been a fraction of the community here who has loved TKOL" episode

I can't think of any of their earlier songs that sound like Burn The Witch. That track puts the strings front and center with the usual Radiohead shenanigans bubbling underneath but it's the shifting dynamics, the violently plucked notes, shift into a sweeter arrangement in the second verse, and descent into dissonance at the end that characterizes that track for me. What earlier Radiohead songs were even trying shit like that? I guess the orchestral arrangement at the end of The National Anthem is kinda close in tone but that's about all I've got, and that wasn't even strings but brass. And that's just the opening track. Tracks like Daydreaming, Glass Eyes and The Numbers also have layers of abstract electronic bubbling and classical arrangements to create a dreamlike landscape unlike anything else they've done. Sure, there's some classic Radiohead like Identikit or Decks Dark but they're definitely pushing their craft further on this album. It's not a huge leap like going from OKC to Kid A but it is like going from Amnesiac to HTTT - similar, but still a noticeable refinement. I honestly thought there was nowhere left for them to go after IR but I feel like this album has proven me wrong.

That's like saying "if you don't like TKOL you're a fantano drone"

nigga i have loved tkol my entire life

You're a trip who hasnt even listened to the smiths catalog through.

being a trip makes you a poser in an instant so stfu

Anyone who dosent have OKC as no1 dosent deserve to live

>Anyone who doesn't have their poppiest, most accessible album as no.1 doesn't deserve to live

>their poppiest, most accessible album
>not pablo honey

More cliched than ever, The King of Limbs (2011) is mostly a rhythmic affair, with the beats prevailing over the rest. Bloom is brainy for the sake of being brainy: convoluted rhythm, angst-filled droning vocals, a bit of minimalist keyboards and sleepy trumpet wails. Morning Mr Magpie puts the project into a different light: this is mood music made out of pretentious ideas. The single Lotus Flower ventures into disco territory but it ends up sounding like a bad version of synth-pop of the 1980s. But that's still better than no rhythm at all: the slow slow slow piano ballad Codex is simply devoid of real music: it's just somebody strumming a piano and crooning a trite melody. And Give Up The Ghost it's not even that: just a hippie-style litany repeated over and over again. The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Yorke's insipid and narcotized singing certainly does not help rescue the rest.

Piero please review Blackstar, kendrick, and weather Bowie or Princes death was more overrated.

To be fair It is quite a cold electronic album

i like this meem