Guy builds a powerful new rig

>guy builds a powerful new rig
>doesn't play video games on it
Why does this make me so mad?

I have an i7, a GTX 1080 and 32GB of RAM and all I do is shitpost on 4chin, watch youtube and play csgo, eat my shorts.

>rig
Because you're not finished with puberty yet.

have a friend with this setup, he plays Quake 3 and indie flash games

Modern games really aren't worth playing. Everything fucking stagnated

I don't see how your legwear diet is related to the thread.

I built one for shitposting and programming :)

>tfw used to have potato rig with a athlon 750k and a r7 260x
>tried to play every game i could. turning the settings way down
>got a 6700k and a 1070 a year ago
>dont play any games anymote
ty for reading my personal blogpost

It was nice user :D

I mostly play Quake, heh.
This rig is capable of playing most games with no troubles though.

turn off tripcode fag

Why? If you don't like it you can make all posters Anonymous or even filter my posts.

Guy I know bought a 6950x and GTX 1080 Ti SLI to play gsmes like Mafia Wars on Facebook.

500/500 of the world's most powerful supercomputers don't even extreme tux racer.

Not him by it it’s pretty fitting a tripfag would have some shitty Alienware. Like what, did you think we’d be impressed by that thing? It discredits you even further. You’re a bigger joke to me now than when you were just some faggy tripfag.

Not only a tripcode fag but he also boasts about ayylmaoien ware

Literally disgusting

newfag

So I shouldn't post my other Alienware speccy?
ha

I have a brand new Titan Xp star wars edition

The whole thing is bottlenecked by my 2500k and PCIe 2.0 and never goes past 30% usage

Does this upset you?

Before the days of "do they have a app/website for that?" people used to use their computers to:
>build software including code or other assets
>master and/or transcode media
>produce publishing work (LaTeX based research papers and whatnot)
>do simple data analysis
and a whole bunch of other things than gaymen and facebook.

exact same thing for me

Cause you're poor
>>Sup Forums

I have a 3770k with a 1080

The board I’m using previously had a 2500 non k. Am I running PCIE3.0 with the newer ivy lake cpu? I am running 2400mhz ram which wouldn’t have been possibly on a 2500. After updating the bios. My GPU does get pretty hot so it seems like it’s being used enough

You guys are right.
Sorry I'm being such a dick.

Because you are a manchild gaymer.

>Be me
>Buy i7 7700k 5Ghz, 16gb 3600mhz ram, 2x 250 SSD for raid 0, 1080 gtx, 2x 144hz screens back in Sept
>Play a heap of pubg
>Realise after 3 months that I'm too old to be gaming (30)
>Sell it all
>Now, 144hZ screen, i3 7100, 1 SSD, 1030
Way happier

30 y/o here and I still like to play video games, I just don't have so much time to do it because on top of work I also have taken up hiking as a hobby which takes almost all my free time.

Video games are still cool though, I just find myself never finishing games I buy any more.

filtered

Was the alienware used or on sale?

But I watch anime with neural network shaders with my rig.

>build monster $3000 pc
>use it only to watch anime and nipponese starcraft tournaments

It makes you mad OP because you are right. The average consumer doesn't need more power then a Chromebook. Take for example all the Sup Forumstards that build big ass rigs then waste their time installing Linux OSes over and over every god damn week. Even when they do give up reinstalling the OS all they will do is run shitty open source software with crap drivers and not even get close to the performance numbers we gamers do. Jesus what a waste of computer power and and worse waste if money that is.

I think it was $50 off at Best Buy when I bought it, sure.

I haven't even heard mine whirr up. You might be using 3.0, maybe I'll look into a bios update until I upgrade everything else

>Spend two months building a Xeon-based Hackintosh inside a dead G5 enclosure, making custom metal parts and caring about every single detail
>End up going back to my single core 1.42GHz PowerPC G4 laptop with Debian because I'm a lazy fuck and don't even want to get up from bed to use my desktop, plus I'm too paranoid about Intel vulnerabilities

>using meme hardware

>i7-8700k
>1080ti
>500gb ssd
>3 x 1tb hdds
>8gb ram
>no video games
I need more ram but meh.

Pretty me much this.

I got a 1070 last year and so far the most use I have gotten from it is playing Wind Waker in 4K.

At least my nipponese hentai games look amazing in 4k now.

>finally get a good job and disposable income
>blow few thousand on kick ass gaming computer
>realize I don't really like playing games any more

Welcome to Sup Forums. We have better PCs than the people we watch play videogames we don't play.

Same with hoarding media. I download stuff all the time but I never get around to watching it.

Hate tripfags all you like, but this nigga did not get a bad price and he can stunt on a lot of poorfags

>7600k OC’d to 5Ghz (damn right I delidded)
>GTX 970 (also overclocked)
>16Gb RAM OC’d to 3200Mhz
>play Darkest Dungeon, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight The Binding of Isaac, NES+SNES+GBC+GBA games on eumlators and watch anime

I could do all this on some Core i3 laptop with integrated graphics. At least I play games, right?

Well if I'm correct, he didn't mean to include "eat my shorts" as a part of the list of his computer usage behaviours. We can actually see that he meant this due to the lack of "and" before that statement and the use of "and" before "play" csgo. "eat my shorts" is meant to be an independent clause directed at you, the faggot who cant read.

I bought a 7600k with the intention to overclock the shit out of it but right now I actually undervolted down to 0.99v and set the multiplier to 38 so it doesn't even go to the stock boost either.

I have a 8400 and a 970 and only play games on it. Phone is for shitposting. Work computer is for work

Because your a degenerate gaymer fag.