Why do we hate music that is aurally pleasing???

Why do we hate music that is aurally pleasing???

Sup Forums represents the biggest faggots on this website.

When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.

What is aurally pleasing differs from person to person. I do listen to what I find aurally pleasing.

why

i hear you talking about we a lot oh you speak french now?

what's the difference between being a snobby faggot about art and cinema and being a snobby faggot about music then?

I only like music that is aurally pleasing though.

Technically if something isn't aurally pleasing for you, you wouldn't like it.

btw are you retarded OP?

Why? I love pleasant music. Some of my most favorite artists are Phil Collins, AC/DC and Def Leppard.

But there are different qualities of sound. It can be hypnotic like shoegaze, or violent and fast like punk.

I know this girl, has a really pretty voice. "aurally pleasing" I guess you could say. anyway all she talks about is anime and cats, so I don't like talking to her.

i like most music some of the time, and the rest of the time i enjoy very little of it

In case I'm doing something.

it's not the aurally pleasing part that contrarians hate. Mostly it's the level of depth (or rather, the lack thereof) that some songs have.

I have no qualms with catchy music. It's shallow/clichéd music I can't stand.

Nice copypasta, mind if I save it?

I-is that a spiral in the ear??

BEST POST

digesting music for its surface appeal is what normies do

>oui
now get fucked

lel

I mean, I feel ya, but I still find myself indulging in "crappy" music because friends play it around me and I've begun to enjoy it. A lot of generic music has a very pleasing sound. I guess uhhh
>what's the disparity between the quality of music that is "good" and music that makes my ears happy?
>both are "good", just to different LITERAL senses.
>Can we decide which senses are more important than others?

a lot of really "catchy" music is obvious and therefore boring.

i think porter robinson is pretty cool even though his progressions are generally obvious. i'm probably a pleb tho.

What has nine arms and sucks?

You might have bipolar disorder. Seriously.

I fucking love listening to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

I would never tell anybody tho

Can I have her number? I'll buy you a fanta.