Is grunge ever gonna come back?

Is grunge ever gonna come back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TeVYgjYYxBc
youtube.com/watch?v=J_wF7EUyMYU
youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well is Kurt Cobain ever gonna come back to life any time soon?

nah, let's just create a new musical movement and stop taking others.

He wasn't the only grunge musician

We don't need another vaporwave

There has never been a movement that just came back, they come and go

not as such

He was the only one most people care about don't fuck with me

The "genre" died when he died

The only one that matters.

RIP Kurt, wherever you are

That's true I guess.

i hope not

It kind of is. Current pop-punk bands either go in one of two directions as they mature

>Shoegaze
>Grunge

Citizen is a good example of the grungier side of that, and this album is worth a listen if you want something like that.

Grunge is essentially watered down West Coast psychedelic metal.
It's not going to make a comeback until more bands like Kyuss and the Melvins come along to have their sound stolen.

you fags realize that there are many factors determining if a musical movement will take off or not, if someone will take Grunge and twist it in an interesting and new direction that will be appealing for a group of today's music listeners it can easily "come back", kind of like the new retro wave scene we have these days.

what exactly is grunge? from what i can tell, it's just edgier alt rock that goes quiet then loud then quiet again.

Search up "Seattle sound"

how much of a pleb do you have to be to even ask this question? are you 12?

Who stole their sound?

All the big and small grunge bands

Lol show me the relation between the song boris and the song very ape

>Kurt Cobain
>the only one that matters

most of the stuff on run for cover is going the grunge way

youtube.com/watch?v=TeVYgjYYxBc

Except that some of them were bands before Kyuss and formed at the same time as Melvins. Not to mention they sound nothing like them.

They even have a liat of artists they ripped off

Grunge was basically just a scene split between hard rock bands and noise rock/garage punk bands. Hard Rock never stopped - radio post-grunge was a fine continuation of this. But IMO the later garage punk/noise rock bands like Pissed Jeans and Clockcleaner are way truer to the grunge scene than any post-grunge or grunge revival bands.

That said, here are a couple derivative grunge nostalgia bands:
youtube.com/watch?v=J_wF7EUyMYU
youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic

you gotta admit he had p good taste from a time without internet

grunge was wrong

Elaborate please

>RIP Kurt, wherever you are
In Serbia with 2Pac

Yeah, but you'll have to wait until somebody's older brother goes to college, and leaves their younger brother all their Wolfmother, Sleep, and Electric Wizard albums first. That should happen in the next 20 years, or so.

But... Courtney killed him

iimbqh (if i may be quite honest) it's pretty sad to see grunge and Cobain lionized by this current generation of kids.

Grunge, alt, and noise rock were inherently regressive movements and were essentially the dad rock of the 90s.

> noise rock
> dad rock of the 90s
You are 50 shades of retarded

And you were born in 1996 and have no valid opinion.

Noise music in the 90s was visceral chest-thumping AC/DC shit. Just because it was less "musical" doesn't change the motivations behind it and the nature of its immediate fanbase. Your average noise moron back in the day was essentially a Motley Crue fan with a haircut.

I was born in 1989. The fact that you can compare Boredoms, Melt-Banana, and Flipper to dadrock is laughable. Sorry you're so butthurt about being called retarded, but you're just making a stronger case for that opinion when you compare it to hair metal. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

>I was born in 1989
That's definitely old enough to remember the music scene of the 90s!

I lived through it. I've seen Flipper. I've met EyE. I'm sorry that your selective, white-washed history gleaned from Wikipedia articles doesn't align with reality.

No, you're just some old man with a superiority complex.
What you're saying doesn't make any sense in relation to this discussion. You're claiming to be "in the know" with noise rock while at the same time dismissing it as dadrock. You're incredibly full of shit.

Let me make it simple enough for you to understand: you compared noise rock to dadrock. I said that comparison was ridiculous. Then you said it's not ridiculous because I'm younger than you, and you were around to see those bands. That doesn't make their music in any way comparable to dad rock.
You're some middle aged guy who works a menial job and this is the one place you feel like you can assert status and pretend like you were there and in the know, huh?

Lots of projection in this post.
When I was younger and stupider I listened to lots of shit music, so yes I am in the know with noise rock and noise in general. I can probably retire comfortably if I sell all my Whitehouse and Merzbow shit.
I think you're angry because you're so passionate about something yet you clearly don't know the first thing about it and now you're getting schooled by some married old bum who doesn't even like it anymore.

Whitehouse and Merzbow aren't noise rock. You're literally talking about an electronic/industrial band and a noise composer. You can't even compare that stuff to rock music. I'm starting to think you're legitimately unaware of what dadrock refers to. Dadrock refers to hard rock stadium bands from the 70s, like Foghat. You are now comparing Whitehouse to Foghat. Your arguments make no sense.

I said "and noise in general" just to let you know how totally, with it, I was when I was your age.

Noise Rock was the Dad Rock of the 90s.

no.

Of course not.

wow has anyone realized this is the image that inspired Death Grips' eye's thing?

Did it really?

Thank you, sir, for teaching me how pointless it is to argue with an idiot.