Just relistened. What do you guys think?

Just relistened. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMmrvDm-kYU
youtube.com/watch?v=vX-OiKzO4-o
youtube.com/watch?v=2QygdFROeMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

unplugged > nevermind > in utero > bleach

Yea this is just wrong. Sorry m8

>wrong

funny to misspell "correct" like that

objective ranking if I've ever seen one

of course Nevermind and In Utero can always be flipped around due to personal taste

imo their best album and the only one I still listen to from time to time. Reflects them expressing themselves more than Nevermind and In Utero, which reflects them being sick and angry about being poor.

DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL AINA GIRL NO MORE

Thanks for the love. Bleach represents true grunge spirit not the pop radio bullshit from the later albums. I mean Nevermind and In Utero are really good pop albums, but anyone could write that, they just hit it first.

IS THERE

i agree with this today

when i was young it would've been something like
nevermind > in utero > unplugged > bleach

>pop albums
how are they pop albums? they're popular, sure, but you can't call it "pop" because of that.

>In Utero
>"pop"

I'll give you Nevermind but people on this board have a real shitty tendency to call anything not obscure that term

why didn't they make more than 3 albums?

>people on this board have a real shitty tendency to call anything not obscure that term

thank you, that's a perfect way of wording it. I wanted to say exactly that but couldn't put that sentence together

the only good member got turned into a meme by his wife

It's just annoying to see shit posts like that because if I played In Utero in full to an average group of people I doubt more than a tenth would call it a pop album

>pop

yes, exactly! same could be said for about half the tracks on Nevermind as well IMO

They pretty much defined pop music at the time. It's not emotional or heartfelt or artistic like Bleach. Those album's biggest appeal was that they were "popular".

>They pretty much defined pop music at the tim
could only be said for a handful of tracks on Nevermind like SLTS and CAYA

would honestly say that a song like Territorial Pissings "defines pop music"?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMmrvDm-kYU

it's supposed to be "would you honestly say....", my bad

>this album is popular
>I cannot allow myself to enjoy this album
>I want to differentiate myself from the crowd so I can feel like a special snowflake to hide my insecurities.
>I know! I'll say meaningless things like "it was more heartfelt" or some bullshit like that as my excuse to enjoy the least popular thing to seem quirky and different
>God, I'm such a independent thinker! In this moment I am euphoric!

shots fired

who's that dude?

bleach was fucking great, but about a girl isnt the best version in this album. its one of the few bands where i feel more fun and joy when i hear their concerts
could you be any more of a normal fag
nevermind itself is pretty good but the overproduction (specially on the drums with one of the earlier albums to use drum samples) kinda sucks

territorial pissings is one of the greatest 3 chord song of all time imo
best version imo youtube.com/watch?v=vX-OiKzO4-o

they did
Live at Reading, Live at the Paramount, Live Tonight Sold Out....
i know 99% of their discography on guitar im such a nerd :P live concerts are the best with this band dont waste your time listening to the album versions over and over and check out the live versions

Didn't come here to argue with you desu. This is a Bleach thread, and if you don't want to discuss bleach or you only intend to shit on the album then it's better for everyone if you just left.

I'm not saying they're bad albums because they're more popular. I'm saying they made music that was intentionally made to appeal to a (much) wider audience instead of the more intimate music made specifically for grunge fans. How are you not getting this?

what's the appeal of nirvana

didn't claim it was bad. just brought it up as an example that not every song on Nevermind was meant for huge radioplay like some people are claiming by calling it a "pop album" just because it has several very accessible tracks

Once you listen to their discog you're officially opinionated enough to make baseless shitposts on Sup Forums.

i wanted to make a cover of Mr Moustache and was doing other covers of nirvana but that was when my valve amp died
anyway maybe you enjoy my interpretation of School. i took the backing track from guitarbackingtrack website so the only thing changed is guitar..
youtube.com/watch?v=2QygdFROeMU

no I mean I like them, but why are they so huge?

because Kurt an heroed himself

they'd be irrelevant af by now if all the members were alive

The right time and place in the industry and populace.

smels like ten spirti xd best song evarrrrr
[spoiler] seriously why do people like that song so much theres dozens of better songs in their discography [/spoiler]

fair enough

this post is funny though because we all know it's kinda true

on Sup Forums at least

I honestly think if any of the other big four had lead singers who an-heroed they may just have the exact legacy Nirvana does today. Alice in Chains music would sound much different with a singer who suicided at the height of their popularity, same with Soundgarden. Pearl Jam, however, would still be proto butt rock even if Eddie Vedder died.

I think music is listened to differently when the main creative force dies young. But, Nirvana to me, in this reality is clearly the best of all four. Soundgarden too often went into standard rock cliches, and despite being a band of top notch musicians, sometimes lacked in creativity. Nirvana gets crap for ripping off the Pixies and Melvins, but Soundgarden did as much ripping of Zep and Sabbath. With Alice in Chains, they tended to fall into corny territory with some of their writing, which makes sense given their background as hair metal guys. Alice in Chains reached greater heights musically than Nirvana, but Nirvana was consistently top notch. If you think Pearl Jam is comparable to any of the three besides the fact that they are "grunge" is laughable. Pearl Jam is the most trite of all four by a looooooong shot. Eddie Vedder's incoherent blubbering, straightforward pentatonics, terrible songwriting, preachy lyrics. Thank God Eddie didn't kill himself.

Bleach>in utero>>>nevermind>>>>>>>unplugged

but your arrows are clearly pointing in all the wrong directions

it's still top 5 no matter where you place it

>inb4 KURT HATED IT IT WAS SHIT

of course Kurt hated it. he was like an average Sup Forums-tant. disliked anything that was popular.

Not just that but it was literally the song that propelled him to become the very thing he didn't want to be. It's a shame he wrote it as a joke and then foolishly decided to send it to the label knowing they would love it. It really makes me question if he was faking the whole "I hate being a rockstar" shtick after SLTS

Bleach > In Utero = Unplugged & Incesticide > Nevermind
imho

>top 5
maybe before listening to it on MTV for the 300th time
well i dont know your age but thats what happened to me

Live at Reading > Unplugged in new York > Live, Tonight, Sold out !

its mostly good. not the best but just good.
some of the songs are filler it seems

BUT AYOOOOOO BIG CHEESE
10/10 album no dispute.

It's still shit.

Stop listening to it.

>stop liking what i dont like

shame on you kid

reverse this and then yes

you dont like unplugged huh?
why?

Live at Reading > Nevermind > Intesticide > Unplugged > Bleach > In Utero

You're all retarded

Good album. Good band. End of discussion.

i still like it
It's just not as good as everything else they've released

One of their better imo. Still had that roughness that got a little too polished on later releases...

All the people who rank Bleach above In Utero are trying way too hard.

In Utero > the rest

Shouldn't you be at school?

I agree with everything you said.
Melvins' grunge albums are still the best though.

Yeah this
The pinnacle of the bands talents, plays to all their strengths while expanding their musical vocabulary quite a lot. Would've liked to have seen where they went afterwards. Shame.