I listened to Burn the Witch and Daydreaming (have to buy full album, though)

I listened to Burn the Witch and Daydreaming (have to buy full album, though).

It seems only Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood are playing in those song, are the other 3 members still playing in the band?

I am (was?) a huge RH fan but TKOL was a shit tbqh (unless you like cheap sushi bar lounge tunes) and I'm losing my trust in them.

Is AMSP worthy to buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dapdkr42pLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

colin is the real mvp on this album

Yes.

It's like Amnesiac but good.

Amnesiac was quite good, friendo.

You're wrong, but I forgive you.

basslines for days bruh. ed's speciality was in textures anyway and there's plenty of those.

Amnesiac is so incredibly boring

Anyway, is Phil Selway playing his fucking drums or he's pretending doing it?

Brad Pitt is looking pretty rough these days.

>TKOL was a shit
I bet you were born in le wrong generation

I'm not memeing when i say that AMSP is their best album

AMSP > Kid A > OKC > Amnesiac > IR

Man, I'm 33 and listening to RH since the 90ties, I find TKOL disappointing compared to other year 2000 records (Kid A, Amnesiac, HTTT and In Rainbows).

>"I was born in the wrong generation, I should've been born 10 years later so I could shitpost on Sup Forums like all the other 20-somethings"
Go have a child, grandpa.

Oh, not wrong generation, just old, then I get why you would dislike TKOL. A friend of mine went to see them with her dad after TKOL came out and Caribou opened for them and he thought it was bullshit music. I hope I don't age like that.

>Go have a child, grandpa.

Be there done that.

Go take care of it instead of posting on Sup Forums then you fucking dinosaur. What kind of sad 30 year old lingers around here?

>don't forget you're here forever
I'm truly afraid I'll get to my 30s and still post here, I hope chink moot pulls the plug on this hellhole soon

Sorry, I can't take anyone who think TKOL is a legitimately bad album's opinion seriously.

>cheap sushi bar lounge tunes

Only someone so painfully pleb could write something as dumb as this.

Yes its really good. Mostly sad and slow as well, its got its own pleb filter built in.

Look, I survived the cultural shock between OKC and Kid A and I can assure you sooooo many people hated Kid A when it came out. I'm not saying I'm not prone to change in their way of making music. I'm just saying TKOL was a shitty album, period. I'd like to see them playing all together like old times (till IR). Now RH are looking an extension of Thom Yorke shitty electronic albums.

When did TKOL becoming suddenly good? I've been defending it since it came out and people are only now starting to see its value?

Faggots like you were shitting on it a few months ago. Even a few days ago you probably would've rushed to slam it.

It wasn't a shitty album, tho I agree that it was more a TY album than a RH one. It was only natural since he started chilling with the guys from the UK electronic scene like Burial, SBTRKT, Four Tet and such. If you've never listened to that kind of music I understand why you wouldn't get it, but it's not by any means a shit album, grandpa.

Nigga come on it's been 5 years people stopped talking shit about it long ago.

Yeah no they didn't.

It's actually the opposite for me. I don't think I've seen more people vehemently shit on TKOL than I have in the past week. I know its divisive but it's only been very recently that I've seen people say it's even unlistenable or something to that effect. Confuses the fuck out of me, really - I started listening to Radiohead with TKOL and I immediately found it to be quite an easy listen.

>I started listening to Radiohead with TKOL
Jesus H Christ.

I may be a dinosaur but at least I started with PH, TB and OKC. You started from the shit.

TOPPEST OF KEKS

he's better than all of us if you think about it

He's patrish enough to like their most inaccessible work and then got to listen to the rest of the discography. I'm actually insanely jealous even though I just went in chronological order when I first found out about them

>most inaccessible

eh that could be Pablo Honey or TKOL depending on who you're talking to

>Poor man's poor man's Laughing Stock: the album

It's not one of my favorites and I do handily prefer every record that isn't PH but I still don't see what makes it so awful. I honestly think it's pretty catchy with all the hypnotic loops and rhythmic drum patterns. Shit's basically Krautrock-lite.

The only song I like in TKOL is Separator, mainy and only for the catchy drum base.

that's what I don't understand. You could argue that even Amnesiac is just as or less "catchy" than TKOL but most Radiohead fans rank it as their worst (or right next to PH)

It's soley because of In Rainbow's hype/critical acclaim imo

>TKOL
>shitty
I've lost all respect for you, anonymous poster. It's one thing to dislike an album, but to call TKOL shitty? Jesus. Have you actually listened to Separator? Give Up the Ghost?

this

Even Little by Little and Bloom? You listened to both of those and all that went through your mind was "eh shit"

Look up, I've said the only track i liked was Separator. Still, an album can be great just for a track.

That one's probably my favorite on the album lyrically. Personally I like Bloom and Lotus Flower a little more than it. It we're allowed to dip into bonus tracks then toss Staircase in there as well.

Amnesiac is actually the album that fucked me up at first. Couldn't be doing with tracks like Pulk/Pull, Hunting Bears and Like Spinning Plates. I came to like it in time and Knives Out even is my favorite Radiohead song but man, did that album not click initially. That one took me some time. The others came to me just fine, though.

Out of curiosity, which track is your least favorite on TKOL? And why?

I've always liked TKOL from the first time I heard it, in fact it was the album that got me into Radiohead and I still think it's in their top 5. I don't normally post on Sup Forums because it's a shit board though.

To be contrarian, he was way better on KoL.

But that's correct

Dude, I'll be honest: even IR bonus disk (the second disk, the one with MK1, MK2 etc...) is better than TKOL. Nuff said.

IDK, it even kind of surprises me but TKOL is one of the most perfect albums of theirs. I fucking love it. It is beautiful and seemingly perfect for what it is.

TKOL may not be what you want from Radiohead but I don't understand why people have such a hard time with it... and why people hate on The Bends so much like it's some stupid nonsense commercial album. I guess if you had lived through the mid-nineties you might be a little more forgiving about it. There was a lot of trash popular music going on and The Bends top notch shit for its time.

someone in another thread gave the perfect statement to this whole TKOL mess

I find that the people who hate TKOL usually hate it because it doesn't have enough "bangers" like Paranoid Android or Everything In Its Right place for them to meme out to. The album is much more cohesive than any other Radiohead album before it and really works as a whole much more than just a collection of different songs. It probably requires a little more patience to fully absorb but once you do it's a beautiful, hypnotic trip of an album.

Truth, but he shone on TKOL.

IR disc 2 has Last Flowers, Up On The Ladder, and Bangers + Mash. That's not exactly too awful on TKOL's end. I mean, fucking Last Flowers, man.

Dislike, sure. Not up to par? I'd say that's a fair enough assessment. I may like TKOL but it does sound like an afternoon jam session compared to the more focused compositions of other albums. I respect that difference and find it refreshing in its own way but it is the kind of album that would've probably got its due had it come from a lesser band. Radiohead's discography in general is no slouch - even a good record like TKOL threatens to be underwhelming.

you just perfectly described why I love this album

>I find that the people who hate TKOL usually hate it because it doesn't have enough "bangers" like Paranoid Android or Everything In Its Right place for them to meme out to. The album is much more cohesive than any other Radiohead album before it and really works as a whole much more than just a collection of different songs. It probably requires a little more patience to fully absorb but once you do it's a beautiful, hypnotic trip of an album.

The problem was they where surrounded by shit like Feral on a whopping 8 track album. Everything on that album felt half-baked. Like I was listening to a very rough demo of songs that could have been good. Morning Mr Magpies' jangling acoustic version that was kicking around for years seemed far more interesting then the one we finally got. The whole album is TICKTICKTICKTICKTICK.

>bangers
nice vocabulary

people are memeing you but you're spot on

It's why they're replying

i guess i'm waiting for you to formulate a coherent argument or at least crit about the album

>memeing
nice vocabulary

>Feral
>shit

Still don't get this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dapdkr42pLE

Listening to it right now and those drums have my head nodding pretty good. The loops and vocal manipulations are just extra atmospheric dressing. It's nice, don't see what's shit about it.

itss boring sucky sucky hop off my dick on fleek my familia

>thinks Feral is uninteresting

that's as far as I'm continuing this conversation

Yes he is just get the fucking album. If you don't to pay just torrent or some shit I don't know

Got it in digital release from Amazon. For some stupid reason Google Play doesn't sell it in my country. I will listen to it carefully. Anyway it seems betters than TKOL, not that difficult anyway.

>feral is uninteresting
That's one of the best songs on TKOL. Only reddit doesn't like it