BROKEN HEARTS, MAKE IT RAIN

BROKEN HEARTS, MAKE IT RAIN

AOTY

Thom make my soul yearn for isolation from this cruel unforgiving world that doesn't give a single fuck about you or anything you try to do

what song is this

nothing has really blown my mind so far and I'm just starting numbers

Sorry user but its too late this album is not for you

Although try it from the beginning again maybe?

I hope you at least enjoyed listening to Identikit/Ful Stop is all I can honestly say

Burn The Witch and The Numbers are the two best songs on the album.

I did.

as a dream theater fan yes I'm enjoying the numbers right now

not for my aoty contention but its very decent at the very least

Decks Dark is awesome too

Yeah I recommend a re-listen user, although I have to ask what do you consider you favorite Radiohead album?

Post lyrics that fuck your shit up.

>Hey it's me
>I just got off the train
>A frightening place
>Their faces are concrete grey
>And I'm wondering, should I turn around?
>Buy another ticket
>Panic is coming on strong

Seriously, fuck social anxiety.

It is. I love the vocals.

I've never had radiohead in rotation outside of employer selections for which admittedly I was grateful. As I recall we had kid a at the store.

ah that makes since

Yeah if you're not already a Radiohead fan there's nothing for newcomers on LP9 that will make them shit their pants compared to their other work

I really think it was made for those who already have experienced and loved them over the years and I'm not even trying to sound pretentious here

because its so much better than king of limbs?

I think it is yes and I still rank TKOL in their top 5 with this recent release

except king of limbs is their best album

Special edition B-sides when?

I could actually go for some type of expanded version

I mean come on 2:52 for Glass Eyes wtf is that

and music like this is still reason enough to live

Glass Eyes doesn't need to be any longer than it is and I say that as someone whose favorite song is Glass Eyes. Also, a song being under 3 minutes long hardly discredits it.

I'm seriously not trying to shitpost here

How can I "get" Radiohead?

I'm listening to what songs I can find on you tube and to me it sounds like kind of a wall of noise right now but a wall that seems to have a deeper meaning that will eventually just click with me.

I really want to feel these feels with everyone but I just don't know what to even think of this.

Again, not shitposting, maybe in just trying too hard and over thinking trying to make it click because I'm seeing all these impressions first

If you're someone who over thinks or has anxiety or anything this music is for you.

But it's so hard to explain. Just listen

No no no....

Please stop and just go in chronological order starting from OKC if you have the time of course

getting ready to start again now

as I recall it just had a lot of elements like all the symphonic shit that gave me an impression of room to expand on the idea. To discredit the production I've always felt its a valid criteria.

At the very least get through OKC, Kid A and In Rainbows and then listen to the rest

pretty much. Having depression and/or anxiety is a prerequisite for Radiohead.

Never met any normal person that gets Radiohead

I know plenty of normies who are into one of the most popular bands of all time

Are you guys being retarded?

I'm sort of in this boat. Daydreaming was just so... boring? I dunno it kind of made me feel uncomfortsble.

Maybe that is the appeal though. Do people really enjoy themselves listening to this?

oh wtf I very strongly insist this should have been longer

offhand does the "chorus" only occur once?

both of you see

For starters, don't start with AMSP. It is by no means one of their more accessible albums. If anything, OK Computer through In Rainbows should be listened to first as the musical progression makes more sense then. I think AMSP is a better IR to grossly oversimplify things but IR is definitely a more accessible, conventionally "listenable" record. Also, you should make time for The Bends. It's not necessary but it's a great record nonetheless.

>starting with OKC
why not The Bends, arguably their second most accessible?

Hello, congratulations, you just met a normal person that gets radiohead :^)

As in they think it's cool to know Paranoid.

I doubt they've ever walked around the suburbs at 3 am with severe existential depression listening to Kid A feeling like an alien on a strange planet.

holy fucking shit how fucking hard is it to just go chronologically

I think in 2016, it's more appropriate to just start with the third album but it was just a suggestion, I should have said that the main thing was for him to go in chronological order

most people haven't you fucking autist

this. Didn't understand OKC first couple of listens apart from the easily likeable Karma Police and Climbing Up the Walls. First listen to In Rainbows and I am madly in love.

most people don't fully appreciate Radiohead

I will agree with this as evidence from all the plebs who shit on TKOL but that's a whole other discussion

You don't have to be an autistic twatstick to appreciate Radiohead.

TKOL > IR, but it's still their fifth best album.

get radiohead =/= like the catchy radiofriendly side of their music

aren't you a smart special snowflake

>as a dream theater fan

Oh god not this shitposter again

The last minute or so is so fucking groovy

>They did it again
>The air that I breathe
>BTFO Hollies
>10/10

>9 of 11 songs are god-tier
>masterpiece by radiohead again
>the only band that keeps rising in quality album by album
Thank god I live in this time.

>>the only band that keeps rising in quality album by album
They had a dip in 2007 but other than that I agree.

The Hollies?

2007? Are you talking about In Rainbows?

Took me a lot of time to appreciate it, but it's a masterpiece just like Amnesiac, TKOL, Kid A, OKC and AMSP in it's own way.

Nope.

grips

End this meme

I am. If it was just CD1 it would be in my top 4.

disliking IR is a meme?

tbf the only direction they could go was up

>tbf the only direction they could go was up
desu if they went up once, it is possible to then go down

I like Radioheads music, but I also felt uncomfortable towards the end of Daydreaming. Same can be said for some of the tracks on Kid A, such as the title track. Has a very eerie sound to it imo. It's some of the appeal, yeah

Dark radiohead is best radiohead.

I'm pretty sure it's actually about him not wanting to see his wife, considering the opening lyric and the rest of the album.

>nobody gives a fuck
>makes his living making music

fucking normies

september with the special edition

agreed

what does that mean? i've been listening to radiohead since 1999 and i thought daydreaming was uncomfortable as well. makes me squirmy, like it sounds nice, but i can't wait for the next song. worst on the album, imo.

burn the witch is one of the worst songs on the whole thing desu. i still like it and it's sure to be the most popular one forever though