youtube.com/watch?v=68VUrXL0uqs
youtube.com/watch?v=p3LpWCfFPk8
youtube.com/watch?v=qLYoJgbybes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RUN
NEVER STOP
YOU'RE THE WIND

previous thread

What I'm saying is that it takes a lot more time to appreciate all the subtleties morvid angel was going for than burzum coupled with their bizzare sense of harmony and rhythm you don't fully get it on your first time through like you get burzum or darkthrone, there is more than 1 level in death metal, from the first listen it seems like more brutal riff based metal with some oddly paced stops, with each listen you get more pieces of the puzzle

Who /going to metal shows alone/?
Might go see Elder this week. Will buy some merchandise too if available.

I do.
Sometimes I meet people at the train station and walk around the event with them, or at the campsite meeting people, or even at the merch stand or anywhere on the venue.
Sometimes I enjoy going there alone, not talking to anyone and just shamelessly going first row headbanging with no shame too (I'm too autistic to do this when I am there with someone)

What does /metal/ think of this album?

Katatonia went to shit after BMD sorry

that's like saying that prog is more difficult "to get" (whatever that means) than harsh noise, while in fact every prog band has more fans than Merbow or Masonna

Good album

You can't get harsh noise, it's literally garbage being sold to you as music, the genre literally only exists to pander to hipsters and aesthetic faggots

ok I think we can stop here

Nah, not at all, death metal is far more subtle and mysterious, atleast the old school deatb is(not saying that new dm bands suck, but to appreciate new dm bands you have to have a direct understanding of all the intricacies going on in old school dm), you didn't mention you like thrash in your post so maybe that's the problem, anyway listen to frantic disembowelment until you get it

Albums like this one?

I'm not the one who originally asked how to get into death metal, I listen to it plenty (well mostly old shit)

Describe the type of person who bashes Maiden and Sabbath

Black metal hipsters listening to it because it's critically acclaimed, dismisses everything else as "dad rock"

This kind.

So do you ever listen to anything that has riffs? I'm probably falling for dank ass b8 right here though

true.
Power noise at least has rhythm and you can almost dance to it, and blackened noise has atmosphere. Harsh noise is literally just pretentious bullshit. I attended a lecture where a philosophy teacher read his thesis about morals and noise music, and all he did was tell us that noise is a-ok because the Italian futurists tried making some, and that Descartes said that music gets boring after a while.
So all it has going for it is literally just novelty appeal and a vague historical genealogy to brag about.
He also wrongfully claimed that the harsh noise scene is apolitical, and the few other hipster students like myself who attended it exchanged confused glances as we simultaneously understood that he didn't even know his shit.

>black metal plebs in charge of understanding death metal

Try Type 0 Negative, Novembre, maybe early Anathema.
Can't think of something quite like the depressive rock of Katatonia though

>never saw iron maiden in my life
>seeing them twice this year

overload

>death metal plebs in charge of understanding anything

Related, I've been listening to it for 6 years and it feels like my understanding of it is going only deeper and deeper, shit is weird as fuck, I tried looking at it from different perspectives because I thought I was biased or something but no, it doesn't add up, all the early dm acts like morbid angel, pestilence, death's human album, demilich, adramelech, cryptopsy etc.. I could go on and on, all of them had total madman disease, I can't figure out what caused it

when did you start really listening to metal, what age

10, but it was buttmetal

Why do you ask btw?

Because I am having an existential crisis about me not listening to metal during my freshman and junior year of high school prior to listening to it my entire life and I am trying to reaffirm myself but it doesn't work

>you will never fuck Alphie Newman in her prime while blasting "Pleasure Slave" and spanking her.

youtube.com/watch?v=x2g-94Q7RBM

How does that make you feel and how do you cope?

>tfw women will never look like that again

After Dance Of December Souls they went to shit

She's hot, but I really hate tans, why would someone want to look like a nigger?

Mass murder is the only answer to this situation.

Depending on the pics she's not that tanned.
Also since when are niggers a nice light copper tone?

Is it okay to unironically like rings of saturn? This album is absolutely kickass.

>can't into atmospheric goth rock

Only if you like listening to it for spans of exactly 6 minutes at a time before shelving it for another three months. That's the prescribed dose of Rings of Saturn for a grown man.

Maybe

Idk, wether you like them or not is your business. tbqh I can't into them, the drums sound way too triggered and the guitars seem like they're done in Guitar Pro. Too convoluted and overproduced for me.

More like can't into buttrock for fat whores with black eyeliner

i would one of those desu

Yeah same, but it's still just buttrock

What's the best doom band that's still active?
For me it's Pallbearer

Pallbearer are great but there are lots of good doom metal bands still active.
Reverend Bizarre is god tier too from the "newer" flock.

Is this the GOAT whalecore?

that's mastodon

Everyone talking about deathfags and blackfags, where's the thrashfags?

Electric Wizard

I like Reverrend Bizarre but I have never really got into them.
Most of my favorite doom bands are either not Active anymore or are busy making lesser albums.

Listening to this as of late. Quite well done for a basement black metal release.

Album is Pyha - The Haunted House.

See, I love EW as much as the next guy but their last two albums haven't met the quality of their previous work desu.
Hopefully their upcoming album is a step up from their occult 80's horror movies style.

Time To Die was alright, of course it's no Dopethrone but I don't think anyone expected that

lmao my man

Rec me some good lake core

what the fuck

post-black metal in a nutshell

Paradise Lost

what does /metal/ think of those guys?

>oh dude, i love getting just absolutely blunted and tokeblasted while listening to stoner metal, desert rock and doom metal! blaze the sabbaths man! DUDE... electric wizard haha

which foobar layout is that?

columns

GOAT

All time greats. Desert progenitors. Garcias voice is heavenly.

QUICK
POST YOUR FAVORITE MORBID ANGEL ALBUM AND EXPLAIN WHY

New kayo dot coming soon

Illud Divinum Insanus because fuck you

Fuck off kike

Reasons:
- my first DM album
- good variation of songs
- dat growl
- dat instrumentation
- good, non-cringey lyrics
- great cover art

I still have it on tape somewhere.

Illud Divinum Insanus because it's by far the funniest.

I like the annoying part in Lalassu Xul. Y'know, the part that's really annoying. If only itunes would let me buy one third of an mp3

Kek
>Prog metal music videos
youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8KqJJJJhk

One of my favorites.
Their least heavy songs are my favorites somehow. Space Cadet is a perfect song.

>put it on
holy shit

This song is as WEW LAD as it gets

>THIS IS YOUR ONE WARNING
Always gets me
Domination gets a lot of hate but it's still pretty solid, especially where the slime live, dominate, hatework, and dawn of the angry
My favorites are Formulas for it's unique songwriting and Gateways for being amazing from a melodic standpoint

Formulas is my second favorite actually. Then Blessed, Altars, etc.

what are you blasting lads? this album is fucking kicking my ass so far, the second track especially

I always thought most of the song structures on blessed felt pretty forced, which is the only thing keeping me from enjoying it to the extent of Altars or Covenant
Altars will always be GOAT though

strawpoll.me/10167964
strawpoll.me/10167964
strawpoll.me/10167964
strawpoll.me/10167964

Altars because of it's relentless schizo riffing

youtube.com/watch?v=k4JBReWqnYs

How many levels of death metal are you on right now?

What was that one speed/power metal album from 1987 with the mech on the album cover? Not sure which scene it came from but I'm assuming it was gook because of mechs and a strange engrish accent.

Liege Lord - Master Control

not gook tho

actually it says "hour" not "power"

No it looked more like a Gundam mech than a western mech.

I love Liege Lord though.

Idk man, I was in a hurry when I wrote that and it looks like a really poorly written post now, if level 1 is enjoying it solely for the headbang factor then I'm on level 3 at least

Taking it slow 'cos I just woke up

be careful not to get too deep or you're gonna end up praising Rings of Saturn

i'm oblivious to this shit, whats the difference between a western mech and an eastern mech?

Eastern mechs look like optimus prime at a gay pride parade.
Western mechs are practical but boring.

>ywn smash someone's face in at 8:49 like a trve caveman
youtube.com/watch?v=Ldfi0epeIk8

I'm not really into metal, but I just got the newest REVENGE album and its pretty good, are there any other bands like this, maybe some that are even heavier?

who would design an use a walking robot in warfare? Shit's retarded from the get-go

Listening to this right now
Anyone else into old fashioned heavy metal ?

I haven't listened to latest revenge, but it's hard for me to imagine something being more brutal than these bands
youtube.com/watch?v=9yAa_YG8IaY
youtube.com/watch?v=MvKfu_ofmis
youtube.com/watch?v=UwOCo-encnA
youtube.com/watch?v=mWlvoRPqWSA
youtube.com/watch?v=68VUrXL0uqs
youtube.com/watch?v=p3LpWCfFPk8

Revenge is part of the war metal genre. It's basically a chaotic blend of black, death and thrash. Check out Blasphemy, Proclamation, Blasphemophager, Conqueror, Sadomator, Zyklon-B, Phosphore Blanc and Black Witchery to name a few.

is merzbow a meme or actually good?

What are some good modern death metal bands?

youtube.com/watch?v=qLYoJgbybes

how modern?