Idiots

>he has a "laptop" with a awful thick fan/vent
>screen bigger than 14"
>and is heavier than 1.5 kg

If you wanted specs, why don't you just get a desktop? Chances are you don't even travel anyway, user.

Seeing scrubs dragging their heavy ass "gamer" laptops around campus while they could spend way less money on something like a Chromebook or Lenovo 100/120 is just so pathetic. You could even score an Acer or XPS if you play your cards right.

sleep well knowing that you're more enlightened than they are

also, sage

>>he has a "laptop" with a awful thick fan/vent
I do actual work.
>>screen bigger than 14"
I do actual work.
>>and is heavier than 1.5 kg
My laptop is capable to do actual work
>If you wanted specs, why don't you just get a desktop?
I already have one.
>Chances are you don't even travel anyway, user.
I do.
>Seeing scrubs dragging their heavy ass "gamer" laptops around campus
Yes, if it's a gaming laptop it's autism. But it needs to scream "GAYMES"
>while they could spend way less money on something like a Chromebook or Lenovo 100/120
Used Thinkpads are cheap.
>You could even score an Acer or XPS if you play your cards right.
*coil whines*

Agreed, that's why I love my X220.

Any examples of your actual work?

>calling anyone an idiot while posting the worst laptop on the market which is ironically also a Microsoft product

lol

>coil whines
it was fixed right?

ThinkPad P70 master race here. I laugh at you laptoplets.

C++ compiling and video editing

You wish

This

> video editing
faggot

>C++
faggot

brainlet

Because I can't leave anything expensive at the office overnight let alone over the weekend.

>he can't into pointers

It is good, it will not throttle, when you need power.
>screen bigger than 14"
Why not?
I'm not a soy-boy, if laptops weights under 2.5 kg is is light enough.
It is not portable
You say?

>14"
>1.9kg
>7700HQ
>1060
>91Wh battery

What's not to like?

keyboard and touchpad offset to right...

kys

Sometimes my CPU likes to heat up when I'm doing CPU intensive tasks. I'd like it to cool down and nothing throttle.
>screen bigger than 14"
>being intimidated by a 14.1" screen
>being intimidated by having to carry around something that weighs less than a textbook
> If you wanted specs, why don't you just get a desktop?
I have one
I go to class and it's useful there when I'm doing shit besides browsing Facebook.
> Seeing scrubs dragging their heavy ass "gamer" laptops around campus
Unless it's got flames and LEDs that could sear a man's eyes on a glance, it's not too bad.
>while they could spend way less money on something like a Chromebook or Lenovo 100/120
We all knew this was a shill thread to begin with
> you could even score an Acer or XPS if you play your cards right
There's the shilling. I have an XPS. Apparently it's too heavy to lug around by your own standards.

Shit thread for shit OP. Burn in hell, faggot.

But user, I have a huawei matebook x, the superior version of the laptop in the OP in ever way
>metal body instead of fucking cheap cloth
>same 3:2 aspect ratio
>same processor, but runs with no fan with only 10% slower performance than the leading competitor
>thinner, lighter, smaller, less bezels
>better speakers
>more RAM/SSD storage per dollar
bow to your sensei

yes

I want the specs, I'm not a cripple and I have the money. Ultrabooks are either not powerful enough to even browse web smoothly or overheat faster than you prematurely ejaculate.

>poorfag acting satisfied with his incapable trash

>My laptop is capable to do actual work
Dun biliv ya

i love how microsoft hardware is both perma-glued together and has like 20% failure rate

>>he has a "laptop" with a awful thick fan/vent

Why should vents bother me? Do you stare at the sides of notebooks or use them? You are silly therefore stupid. OP = trifling little bitch.

>>screen bigger than 14"

I'm not some nasty crippled dwarf who can't carry useful things. When my x200 suits, I bring that. When one of my T61s suits, I bring that. At home I use my desktops.

>>and is heavier than 1.5 kg

See above. OP is either a manlet, a female, or a female manlet (this is Sup Forums after all).

>gaymen on a laptop
>2560x1440
>257 nits
>91wh battery, offering a full 43 minutes of load, not even counting the screen.
>chicklet keyboard
>huge bezels

>what is c

As a DELL XPS 9365 and Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd gen owner, I approve of this post.

I'm actually really fucking happy with my Dell 7000 gayming laptop.
7700HQ
GTX1060
Runs Ubuntu like a dream. I got it cuz it is very fast and doesn't have the thermal constraints of normie laptops so I don't have to worry about throttling. Also that 4k screen man. I can VNC into 4 1080p computers at the same time in perfect clarity. Exactly what I needed.

>Not using a usb mouse and keyboard

>Nvidia Optimus
>runs like a dream
S-sure user...

Jokes on you, mang. Runs like a dream.

Anyone recommend any of the chink laptops for light work and portability?

Do you have a guide you could link?

I didn't have to do anything man other than install Ubuntu then get the proprietary Nvidia driver. That dialog is in the settings it installed.
It JUST WORKED(TM)

I will try it on my Lenovo Y520. Had no luck with Debian.

I bought a Y520 the same time I bought this and ended up taking the Y520 back since there was some issue with the wifi with Ubuntu 16.04. A newer version might work better though. Good luck.

WiFi isn’t important, it’s on cable all the time. Thanks mate.

>laptop
>Ethernet always
Bait

>not using the final computah solution
I hate sharing this place with you fucking poorfags so goddamn much

When installing Ubuntu, install it on Ethernet, and do a full update after. I don't have wifi on live disc, but after full update after install, I get the correct driver's and it works fine without me needing to manually figure out the drivers.

Good to know. Thanks

Since of us do work on our computers and have no use for cheap childrens toys you manchild.

Because I do travel. I literally couldn't do my job without having a high spec laptop.

>C++ compiling and video editing
You can do both of those things on a fucking MacBook.
Kill yourself with your "real work", faggot.

>he has shoulders the width of toothpicks
>and a total of 15 pounds of muscle on his body
Nigga, I lug a Thinkpad ("with an awful thick vent", translation, I have decent cooling), 2 textbooks, some miscellaneous gadgets (including a Gamecube controller), usually 2-4 cans of pop, and a thermos filled with coffee to the majority of my classes.
This isn't "being an idiot", it's called "not being a manlet".

Of course, if you're fine with
>overheating
>a price tag higher than the average salary (OP is talking about budget too, mind ya)
>shitty specs
>toddler OS with horrible design choices
>built-in botnet owned by a company that doesn't mind making their clients as uncomfortable as possible for the sake of courage
>zero (0) upgradability and future-proofness

Thinkpad x1 carbon, 500 gb ssd, 16 gigs of ram, i7 7700. Weighs nothing. Battery lasts 12 hours easy under work use (Not fucking YouTube or videos)

Oh, I almost forgot
>battery life so pathetic that they hide the remaining percentage

What year model is it?

lmao at everyone who thinks serious work requires powerful pc.

guarantee the presentations made and e-mails sent, and articles written that shape the markets and states aren't written on a huge laptop with ridiculous mobile 1070 and 32GB of RAM and illuminated green keyboard, but on a thin and small notebook with integrated hd 6000 graphics.

This sounds like the kind of language ripped straight from a Mac advertisement
>performance?
>reliability?
>upgradability?
>you don't need any of that to update your blog!
>you need sexy, sophisticated, and expensive!

>using macshit and thinking it's better

neck yourself

>performance?
>upgradability?

ok, i'll give you those two, but calling windows laptops reliable is like saying essential phone took the smartphone market by storm. Most popular vendors like dell, hp and lenovo suffer from either poor QC or have serious design flaws, or both. I've never had any issues with my two mbp's I've had, used both 4+ years, meanwhile my X1C5 has been a pwm flickering, overheating, poor battery life having piece of shit which I haven't been able to use for a month because of shitty lenovo service.

If they'll ever fix this notebook I'll sell it and get something more reliable like 2011 mbp with dedicated graphics