Why can't m$ produce any good software these days?

Legit question.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aluxian/Messenger-for-Desktop/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=T39x9flOOyM
theverge.com/2017/9/25/16360072/microsoft-teams-replacing-skype-for-business
onmsft.com/news/microsoft-updates-its-skype-for-business-to-microsoft-teams-roadmap
mspoweruser.com/ibm-is-suing-microsoft-over-hiring-of-chief-diversity-officer/
support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/223657667-Group-Chat-and-Calls
support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000982752-Screen-sharing-Video-Calls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Office is all they need

Nobody should even install the Skype client anymore. just use the web interface at web.skype.com and problem solved

Nobody should even use Skype anymore. problem solved

Outsourcing jobs to third world code monkey farms

They bought Skype when it was shit already, don't blame M$ for the full 100%.

The exploit works on recent versions of skype. Microcuck apologist go back to your cuckshed.

Poo

Didn't know, if so ignore my comment.
(Skype already was shit though)

ms is a mess of a company, I interned there and it was pretty obvious everything was fucked up and everyone was just screwing around

Too many pajeets
Youtube hit the same wall after they started hiring based on diversity rather than actual experience in said field

Who the fuck still uses Skype?
Everything is better, even Discord

google is pretty much there now, quite a few of their products are utter disasters, like google glass

>not using web.skype.com
>using skype at all
fucking idiots deserve it

Hmmm...

how the fuck did you call your parent faggot?

how the fuck do you got a job, if you never use skype?

you just stupid kid user

You must be a yank.

>Sup Forumscord
Not everyone is a smelly permavirgin pcmasterrace neckbeard nerd loser that lives on tendies and cheetos, user.

Sounds like Microsoft. Not fixing it because "too much work"

not even

ladies and gentlemen, /r/iamverysmart in person.

/r/iamverystubborn

>implying microsoft ever produced good software
Bill Gates said himself that he'd hire a lazy programmer because they'd find a way to get it done quick and easy...and now all their software has security issues.

Now you're just silly. I had plenty of jobs in my younger days that would not require Skype or touching a computer for that matter. Tell us more about how working at a grocery store or restaurant would require you to use Skype or a computer or cellphone for that matter ever.

Yes, I know these aren't exactly your best-paying jobs. But they are great if you're in your early 20s and want to study without taking out no student loan.

As for Skype, it's so stupid how there's two of them, one most people use and Skype for business on a completely different network with different usernames. Good luck if you don't ask everyone you haven't talked to on Skype which they mean every damn time. It's beyond stupid.

Since when does any job require Skype or is that an American only thing?

Why would skype need total OS access anyway? Sounds like skype has a remote code execution bug, and the OS it runs on has a privilege escalation bug

they bought the userbase. MSN messenger was better technology

Did any of you geniuses look up the exploit vector for this one?

Agreed, MSN was love. Wish I could go back and relive that period.

This is what happens when you hire a trillion pajeets with basic if-else knowledge to write big projects for you.
Maybe this fucking programming bubble will burst soon

The bug is in the updater, which asks for elevated privileges to run.
Microsoft actually had that pinned down better before, first using Microsoft Update on Win7 and using the store with the Metro version of Skype on Win8.

What the fuck kind of job requires you to have Skype?

>how the fuck do you got a job, if you never use skype?
Jesus crist are amerishart so fat they can't even go to an interview?
What's next? You'll need skype to frequent lessons because you need a full sized diesel truck to tow your ass of the bed?

>implying it's not backdoored intentionally

this is Sup Forums you use technology to make your life easier.. some company comfort in on-site interview, some don't, and it depends on company policy.

I don't write every god damn company. I write how do you got a job, faggot.

read again what I wrote faggot.

I got a job by email and physically appearing at the company, I guess. No Skype required

>what is a phone
>"""remote interviews"""
jesus christ, amerifats are beyond recovery at this point

The new Skype client is basically the same as the web app. It's similar to those shitty "desktop" node apps.

Unless you are applying internationally the amount of companies that want a video call has to be absolutely minuscule, and even then they don't use fucking Skype of all things.
Every "normal" in-country job I've ever applied for was an email, then sometimes a selection test with a couple other applicants, followed by a phone interview, which finally got you into an actual physical room with the recruiter/s.

I had a skype account that i used to talk to my parents in the late 2000s. It was hacked and used to distribute spam.
I am like your average Sup Forumsentooman, i don't reuse passwords, keep 15+ character long unique passwords and store them in my head. Very unlikely for them to get stolen
Microshit can't even protect their own user's password, what a joke of a company

>But Microsoft, which owns the voice- and video-calling service, said it won't immediately fix the flaw, because the bug would require too much work.

> won't immediately fix the flaw, because the bug would require too much work

Windows in a nutshell.

Because Bill Gates is not there anymore. Microsoft went to worse the second Gates stepped out of the company.

The moment office went to SAAS the ship had sailed. Everyone is now a beta tester. Quanity over Quality. People will suck it up.

Now imagine this and a userbase in your organisation who demand the newest, shiniest features as soon as the M$ marketing and hype train reaches them (aka, prior to their release). You have hell. Someone end it.

Sadly, that's sometimes the only way to speak VoIP with some people.

Use teamspeak or mumble you retard. I havent played or talked with some of my online friends for over a year because they decided to switch from csgo to overwatch and teamspeak to discord. Its fucking pathetic when you care so much about being cool and hip that you poison yourself with literal garbage games and autist tier botnet software.

Skype was always one of those programs that got worse and worse with every update. i havent used it in years, but i can imagine how fucking horrible it must be to use these days.

ring

Mumble

The latest version for Mac locks up if you receive 1000x exclamation marks in a message.

Wiped my skype accounts in 2006. Literally 12 years since I've used a computer with skype installed. I'm amazed it still exists. I guess the same old farts that rely on their AOL accounts from 1988?

Do you have you doctor check on you via Skype too?

Not that guy and his point is pretty laughable, but the doc I go to actually does offer that, mostly just if you want some quick recommendations or check with him about something.
Used it once before too when I had a sort of capsule growing under the skin on my shoulder that ended up having to be cut out.
It's pretty comfy, you don't always want to leave the house, get an appointment, and then wait in his office half an hour when you really just want to ask a quick question or only need diagnosis for something that's verifiable visually and not really super urgent.

Yeah, but how can you convince 10 people you know irl without sounding "much freedumbs"?

It's lighter and better

>but muh web, memes, persistence and mobile postin!

Use facebook messenger then
github.com/aluxian/Messenger-for-Desktop/releases
Or Riot.im / Wire
Mumble is THE best VoIP client. Nothing will change this.
>web
You have your browsers.
>mobile
Mumble is on android too.

>csgo
yeah i like 2d shooters as well, but personally i prefer quake because you can actually move over a millimeter per second in that game.
>use teamspeak
the literal botnet where the developers have a backdoor in every client and can assume control over them?
manner u r so much better than those discord manners oml

>literal botnet
Source on this?

The source is that there is no source-code

It's for the employer's benefit. They want to know what you look like before they let you into their building.

>but how can you convince 10 people you know irl without sounding "much freedumbs"?
The 10 people I know has enough IQ to install an app while at the same time not a video game playing manchild so they don't know or use pisscord. Try again.

>unironically keeping pics of people taking shit

>how the fuck do you got a job, if you never use skype?
youtube.com/watch?v=T39x9flOOyM
also dis

Wow, that's a pretty severe bug. But wouldn't that be a bug in Windows rather than a bug in Skype? I mean, isn't the OS responsible for making sure applications run by users only have user permissions?

Implying they give a fuck.
>Implying
theverge.com/2017/9/25/16360072/microsoft-teams-replacing-skype-for-business

onmsft.com/news/microsoft-updates-its-skype-for-business-to-microsoft-teams-roadmap

you guys get really angry about people using discord, huh. when did Sup Forums become such a safe space for children?

pls be real

Right when we got flodded with retarded Sup Forums-spillage whose only argument left is "lul u mad bro?"

>discord
>adults
hehehe

>discord
>shady proprietary bullshit
disdain for plebs

They hired for diversity and cost instead of quality. A bunch of pajeets are cheap and look good for scoring diversity points, but when they go to code the entire thing falls apart.

>these days
Mention one point in time when Microsoft has not been ridiculed for their products.

Well if you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room, randomly smashing on keyboards, eventually you'll get Shakespeare.
Now put a trillion pajeets in a room, eventually by pure change you'll get something that just werks.

because of garbage like this mspoweruser.com/ibm-is-suing-microsoft-over-hiring-of-chief-diversity-officer/
>chief diversity officer
>hiring something because of diversity and not because of his skills

>tfw companies are hiring only based on diversity rathen than skills
This is only a trend r-right?

microshaft likes to write code in layers

Old fag here: They never could.

Microsoft has always been a shit tier company with shit tier products. MS-DOS and then Windows became a standard because of IBM's name + cheap cloning. Everything else they are famous for comes from that and that alone. Without that they would have been one of the dozens of small software firms that died out during the 80's. And Bill Gates would be a retired middle manager you never heard of.

DOS was a shitty CP/M clone. Windows was an incredibly buggy, shitty, insecure GUI throughout the 90's and now again in the 2010's. VB before .NET was a toy. Everything they touch...shit.

I can think of three things they produced that were decent for the time. Not great, not best of class, just "decent."
- Win2k.
- Early Visual Studio .NET.
- Win7.

But even those had glaring security holes. Microsoft can't into security to save their corporation.

I would love to blame brown code monkey farms for Microsoft's current woes. But truth is their corporate culture always produced shit.

What's the best if not Skype or Discord?

I knew Skype was a botnet.

IRC. VOIP is bloat.

Everyone who cares either left or is helpless.

Give a tldr version, none's gonna read at all that sperging

>Everyone who cares either left or is helpless.

Literally every company out there uses Lync/Skype for Business. Albeit those aren't subject to this breach.

I used skype, everybody did.

Too bad it sucks nowadays.
What use when skype and fring are kill for videochat? Discord can't videochat and Apples iPhone shit is Apple iPhone only, so trash as well.
Heck, even AIM is kill now.

this is microsoft as fuck OP, i dunno what you're on about

Not that I would recommend it, but Discord has supported video chats for all members for some time now. The caveat is that it only works within the boundaries of a direct message chat (user-to-user or group of up to 10 members), not a guild.
support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/223657667-Group-Chat-and-Calls
support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000982752-Screen-sharing-Video-Calls

>He stood, walked over to an aquarium, and dropped Linux in the tank. After it touched bottom, bubbles floated to the top.
>those are air bubbles
>That means there's room in there. Make it better.

>Who the fuck still uses Skype?

Get a job, every company use Lync/Skype combo. Discord is for retards with lolicom #channels

>the absolute state of MicroShit

I am curious also

maybe he was ironic you post-ironic homo

>using skype
>running js

didn't microsoft do a complete rewrite once they bought it? thats why people were pissed, they turned it from p2p to a centralized poo messenger

They actually bought Skype, the bug were probably there already

They completely rewrote the client.

You could make your own P2P room thru slash-commands for quite a few years after
don't know know

What type of stupid faggot makes this kind of argument?

How can you be so sure if the code isn't open?