Sup Forums, I'm looking for a way to carry around my entire music library. Currently ~60 gb...

Sup Forums, I'm looking for a way to carry around my entire music library. Currently ~60 gb. Thinking about a 160 gig ipod classic, but they're about $400.

Solutions?

Not a fan of streaming services.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62

Convert all of your music to mixtapes and carry a walkman

Just get a smart phone you autist

Memorize it.

>his library is only 60gb

iBasso DX50
Fiio X5
You can get both for ~$200, 250 GB+ space

I don't know why I even came here, in retrospect.

Ha right tho. Get a 64gb micro sd card and a smartphone. Thats the cheapest option.

These actually help though

OK, looking into the SD card thing. Any good music playing apps for android?

Shuttle player

Shuttle player is p good.

foobar2000 just released a mobile client, it's probably the best music player app right now
the default google play is nice too though

Oh dang they did? Sick, thanks user.

Fiio has been making some great audiophile players lately

What are some reasons for getting these players than just using your phone?

black player

weighting less than a phone and a longer battery life.

any android players with a built in scrobbler?
since the simple android scrobbler doesn't work for me at all

-won't drain phone battery
-probably better DA converter since they're dedicated music players
-potentially more memory for music since you're not sharing it with apps and phone OS and shit

Pretty much what that user said. I'm carrying around 2 ipod nanos in 2016 because I can't find any of the old big ones.

Try pawn shops

Seriously got my 160 gb Classic for 60, absolutely no regrets

Once the drive dies I'll just replace it with flash memory

Phonograph

that's so stupid why wouldnt you get a sansa clip or something in that case.

>I'll just replace it with flash memory
>I'll just
>just

I used to be you, just give up and get Spotify dude its 2016

i've been getting used/refurbished ipod classics. I'm just retarded and break or lose them every year. They're usually no more than $150 usd

>only listens to music that's on spotify

FiiO X1

Got a link on reliable sellers?

Spotify doesn't compare and NEVER will. It doesn't have 70% of the music I like, but there's still a lot of good stuff on there. The problem is if you can't listen to it in you car unless you have unlimited data - which most people don't. That makes it completely unpractical since I already have all my music at home.

dont be retarded, heres a great strategy to have all the music you want without having to buy 5 shitty old ipods

>get spotify premium and stop fucking over the music industry quite as much
>get a phone with a lot of space like 120 gb
>when an album isnt on there pirate it and add it to your phone via itunes/whatever

you can download playlists and albums for online play

>get a phone with a lot of space like 120 gb
If this was ever a thing nobody would be making a thread like this dumbass

that shit is ugly af right now dude

>get spotify premium and stop fucking over the music industry quite as much
Wait, are you one of those people who thinks using spotify helps artist? If so you shouldn't call others retarded.

>you can download playlists and albums for online play
I'm going to assume you mean offline play, which is cool but I can also save my own playlists from my personal mp3 collection to my phone or even just burn CDs.

that doe nothing to help with trying to save the bulk of a library on a portable device.

fuck you bro im on spotify and my bands not huge but we make a few hundred each year from plays at least

poweramp baby

Just picked up a Sony Walkman. I like it very much.

Did buy some C batteries too? Or do they finally use triple A?

usually it's just amazon. find ones with a warranty just in case the battery is bad. I've bought 3 or 4 and only one of them had a battery problem where it just doesnt hold a charge.
I also suggest getting 6th generation just because it's cheaper and there isn't that big of a difference between 6 and 7 for strictly music listening

>few hundred each year
Wow.

>weighing less than a phone

You've obviously never held an iPod classic

I knew this kid back in high school who walked around with 4 ipod shuffles in his pocket to carry all his music, sorted by genre

that's actually kind of cool
not useful tho