Listening to a song I really like

>Listening to a song I really like
>Imagine myself playing it in front of a crowd of people, usually old classmates

you have some really weird fantasies.
jk, back when i was 12 i daydreamed i was playing lincoln park in front of ugly ass school girls.

Wow holy shit I do this too. I sometimes would imagine winning the shitty fucking high school talent show playing Radiohead covers with my shitty fucking garage band.

Just proves my belief that anything I think about has already been thought before and that I'm incapable of any original thought. or behavior.

>pass out because of your stage fright

i have never imagined playing other people's songs ever

>Imagine self playing No Children by the Mountain Goats on stage at shitty high school talent show
>Imagine staring down this girl that rejected me while I do so
>Imagine everyone patting me on the back for being so awesome and edgy
>Imagine her crying as I perform

Fuckin pathetic. At least I know I'm not alone

wow I thought I was the only one holy shit

I literally do this every single day.

How old is this meme?

>imagine raping classmate on ac unit outside.
>gang of bros watching cheering me on.

These were my fantasies as a highschooler.

I N S E C U R E W H I T E B O Y S

I still daydream about eventually playing my original music in some local venue with a bunch of my high school friends in the audience

I have an advantage on making it come true because I actually do play gigs, but just shitty jazz gigs, no one wants to book progressive dreamfunk these days which is what I really want to play

This thread

I've done this for so long that I've crafted an entire story for the band in my head.

>playing a cover of "Electric Relaxation" by ATCQ with my band
>I did the rapping and it was kind of goofy but everyone was having fun
>moved into some originals and then closed with a cover of Flying Lotus' "Zodiac Shit"
>after the show saw some friends from middle school
>"That was great man! It was like a combination of hip hop and electronic, sort of weird but thanks for inviting me it was lit!"
>A couple girls hit on me but I nicely implied that I wasn't interested since I have a qt gf at home that I listen to DOOM and Flylo with
And then I woke up

>imagine myself composing god-tier electronic music
>imagine myself getting popular on Soundcloud and then eventually getting noticed by more and more people and labels
>imagine myself releasing an album
>imagine myself getting 7.1 from pitchfork, not BNM but not a bad score either, especially for the first album

>the musician you really wanted to meet when you were 11
Who was it bros

I sometimes imagine that too..
but they make me play Wonderwall instead

pretty sure everyone does this, OP

Hey, just here with my unique IP saying I do this too.

Now I usually throw a gig for old uni classmates and some ex gfs. Obviously this never really happened.

>have a dream about a girl who doesn't exist
>you just talk all dream long
>it's great
>all of a sudden she says "hey user"
>"yeah"
>"You gotta wake up, man"
>"what"
>wake up
>she is gone
>she used to be an entire person with quirks, stories and humor
>by tomorrow I will have completely forgotten her

I do it too.

>I'm in a cottage completaly covered and insulated, prepped with gear
>me and my bandmates playing and recording the album we're working on
>we release it and get mad attention
>everybody i ever loved is proud of me
>8.3 Pitchfork BNM, 77 on Metacritic and an Ondarock 6.5

>dream of making a nice, accessible rock album that gets some critical attention
>2 years later we release a weird, experimental avant-garde album that absolutely no one expected from us

THIS! It usually goes on exactly like you said.

tfw

Yeah me too OP
In fact I actually got together a guitarist, drummer and violinist at the end of last year and the three of them were gonna help me put on a performance of one of my favourite songs for some classmates at an event, but I wasn't that confident in my singing back then, and we didn't have enough time to prepare. :^( Was gonna do West Coast by Lana Del Rey, desu probably a bad song choice anyway, but we were so pumped.

>ywn perform impossible soul infront of your family,ex gf and high school class

Beck.
I'd like to plan my whole discography, starting out in a really simple but effective way and then onto manning the fuck up.

>2 or 3 albums, maybe even just one if we don't feel like it
>huge writing sessions with other members (not brainstorming because it has a reverse effect)
>saving the best content for last
>clocking in at around 32 to 45 minutes, no longer, from 9 to 12 songs
>minimalist yet effective melodies, huge emphasis on mixing
>the drums play the biggest part overshadowing the guitar, really schizo way of playing, bass player just goes mad and does weird sounds

>listening to bodysnatchers
>best part comes
>stand up
>grab my air guitar
>mom is there, also that chick that was into me but I let go, and some of my old classmates some of which are way more succesful than me today
>"It is the 21st century.. It is the 21st century"
>song ends
>sit down
>continue browsing 4chen

I've been doing this for 6 years

>gettin cucked by your own brain

just write ur dreams down bro

>dream of getting my life in order
>dream of having long term gf and run my own business, be well known ever
>dream of then throwing all of that away and burn all my bridges intentionally
>do it so the dream people talk about me

>you will never have a life free of stress, pressure and ambition based on subsisting and pleasure

you want to be the pic in

Antidepressants have done this to me, and apparently other people too
It just happened to me again last week, but I can still remember most of the dream

>tfw you weren't bad at singing and could play instruments
>tfw you had multiple chances to play on stage in high school
>tfw always to scared to take the chance
I've still never played for anyone, not even my family

this is possible desu

same

>end up performing my current favorite song as a teen
>constantly focused on playing everything right to not embarrass myself, not really enjoying it as I thought I would

I used to imagine bands I was obsessed with showing up to school, playing on the roof, showing everyone how cool I was and not to bully me.

Are you me? I literally do this m8