Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1B4pZBmI_gU
youtube.com/watch?v=rV6SmY04WdE
youtube.com/watch?v=_tXuYLc6rIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>meme-rap
But Chance is legit talented

kek

Memerap has a lot of definitions, but some people associate Young Thug with it so no. I think HyTunes will be memerap aoty, or aoty in general

>But Chance is legit talented
How long are you going to keep riding his dick?

more like just the AOTY

memerap is an old meme famalam, it's now a meme to call rap a meme. you are a meme.

If you've seen him live (did a show at a nearby university), he actually has a lot of stage-presence and a solid ability to get a handle on the audience.

Is it meme rap just because it's going to be popular with a segment of the general mu crowd as well as the general population? Is it really just that "accessible", good hip hop that reaches the public isn't allowed?

Cause half the board is slobbering all over Radiohead's dick right now, and all I see them as is a okay alt rock band that manages to appeal to both the general public and a portion of Sup Forumstants.

Unless you mean meme rap like satirical hip-hop/ironic rap. At which point, hey it sounds good, and I don't have a problem with my music not taking itself (or others) too seriously.

>he actually has a lot of stage-presence

This. He's up to 3 or 4 SNL appearances now? The show itself is shit but the mainstream presence at this level is starting to take him far past any meme status.

This guy is only going to get bigger in the next few years. Maybe even the next half decade.

If anyone is a meme it's OP.

>a okay alt rock band

grammar of a 14 year old memerap fan detected. fucking disgusting.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone
I've got this feeling, so appealing
For us to Get together and sing. Sing!

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding donana phone
It grows in bunches, I've got my hunches
It's the best! Beats the rest
Cellular, modular, interactivodular

Boop-boo-ba-doo-ba-doop
Ping pong ping pong ping pong ping panana phone
It's no Bologna, it ain't a phony
My cellular bananular phone

ah man, sorry I made a simple grammatical mistake, I'm sure that somehow relieves you from having to confront any of the points I was attempting to make there.

Or even answering the completely open ended question of "what is meme rap exactly" that I was trying to pose.

What is this, a discussion board or Sup Forums?

The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian Sup Forums that has tried to make us believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "redditor" who is "born in le wrong generation" and there's probably some racial element to it too. Rap music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone "raps" over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "rapper", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like cLOUDDEAD and Atmosphere to the "golden days" of Public Enemy and Eric B. and Rakim to instrumental stuff like J Dilla and DJ Shadow to the 90s with Nas and Mobb Deep to the CLT approved A Tribe Called Quest and Digital Planets to today like Kendrick and Kanye. All rap is meme rap. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million Kanye threads (none of which are about music btw).

>That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing

there are 14 year old white girls on youtube uploading guitar solos too, does that make rock a meme that takes no skill?

This,

Bad argument mahn, but still great to read your opinion about (meme)rap

hip hop is a high musical art form. remove rapping from any hip-hop track and there will be something for everyone. not the same could be said for rock.

bon jovi and bad company are objectively shit whether or not they have vocals. but could you say future is any more shit than kanye based on their beats?

it sounds like you just don't like rapping. which is fine. but then you shouldn't listen to rap and group it within the framework of hip hop

a) you're replying to copypasta
b) instrumental hip hop is not for "everyone" just as instrumental rock wouldn't be for "everyone"
c) why did you pick those two specific "rock" artists to compare? seems dishonest
d) you could say future is "any more shit" than anything because music taste is subjective and "shit" is a pretty meaningless term

Worst Rapper Of All Time

WROAT

Please Be More Respectful That Is Completely The Wrong Attitude To Have

PBMRTICTWATH

W R O A T
R
O
A
T

Fucking Ass Gay Guy Over There

FAGGOT

kill m e

wroat ťbh

/thread

let's pack it up, boys. time to go home. show's over.

Woah That Is Pretty Disrespectful People Have Feelings You Know Could You Please Stop Being This Problematic

WTIPDPHFYKCYPSBTP

You can't /thread you own post that was itself a reply to copypasta.

It's an asinine reply anyways. Show me a 14 year old girl on youtube that has the talent of an adult male virtuoso. I don't think that this makes hip hop bad or rock "better," but it's just moronic.

>adult male virtuoso
Alright what the FUCK is going on in this thread.

It's already out user.

WROAT

Ever seen those little kids playing classical?
If a kid can do it then it must be easy right? According to one user logic.

Meme rapfags are so easily triggered LMAO

because men are better than women and adults are better than kids obviously

all the game changers in music are men, can you name one truly radical influential female artist?

Eliane Radigue

why do you have to take digs at radiohead just because you're mad

radiohead didn't do anything to you

>Unless you mean meme rap like satirical hip-hop/ironic rap. At which point, hey it sounds good, and I don't have a problem with my music not taking itself (or others) too seriously

You were doing so well up until this point.

How the fuck is Chance memerap in that sense? He talks about real shit, real issues and actually raps well. Nothing about him is ironic.

isn't it sad how people are so insecure that they need to attack something they don't like just to get replies

>implying

YOU ARE NOT MANDEM YOU ARE NOT GANG

did minimalist hip hop covers start with yeezus? did Kanye start the trend?

i mean, i'll listen to it. but i don't expect the whole thing to be good.

808s

like everything else Kanye does, he exposes it to a wider audience, never a pioneer, just an advertisement

>youtube.com/watch?v=1B4pZBmI_gU
>youtube.com/watch?v=rV6SmY04WdE
>youtube.com/watch?v=_tXuYLc6rIg

>that fucking easy

now show me a 14 year old white girl on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing

why do people assume memerap is a bad thing?

woho dank pasta white boy

what about any of these posts speaks "triggered" to you

808s was a Kanye album retard

>buzzwords: the post