someone has to draw a Mac version

Good enough for me. I wonder why people get scared of the terminal, 2bh
Especially if you are doing CS/IT related jobs

WinMSDOS - Rick and Morty
Linux - The A Team

It's not that I'm scared of the terminal, it's that I prefer not to use it

I agree
web browsing through the terminal is a subpar experience

personally the thing I hate about the terminal is needing to look everything up all the time unless you use it constantly

like ok I can figure out how to edit xorg to fix my mouse, but 5 years from now when I need to do it again I'm going to need to look it all up again and its just a dumb waste of time since it should just be gui

digging for config files and having to look up arcane commands instead of just using a gui and quickly knowing what to do, its just stupid

Why not both?

What do you want to fix about your mouse?

Someone has to make all these guis, the actual developers who create all the important stuff have better things to do. So you employ pajeets to do it, and suddenly your OS is just as crappy and unstable as windows.

10/10

Because it takes so much time to set everything up initially and takes so much time to fix anything that breaks. I could have used that time to actually get work done with GUI.

mouse sensitivity in kde literally does nothing and cant be changed in several circumstances, including my own, using g502

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350688

look, I understand the reasoning behind it and having coded plenty of shit myself I know that the gui is a huge nightmare that takes tons of time

but it doesn't mean I like that it ended up that way and most of the time I use the terminal for os related shit is just a waste

should be a picture of the stock wallpaper with "I'm so unique" written over it.

You know what's a waste? Clicking yourself through 20 gui windows to get to that one single setting you could have set in a config file in 10 seconds.

>mouse sensitivity
Do you want to reduce/increase mouse pointer speed?
Seems to work fine here for me.

Worst excuse. Try again.

yea great. except most of the time its like 4 clicks, and it's easy to find. and you don't have to search for ages to find the config file since there's 25 places it can be. and you don't need to know in advance how to edit the config file and what the settings are called and the syntax.

yea its nice when you already know that shit, but for the 1000s of different things you do if you actually work on your computer for real and need to get shit done, its a huge waste of time and completely stupid

I mean I've literally been using linux since the 90s. I know what makes it good, but NEEDing to use the terminal for many things is very bad. its good as an option, bad to be mandatory

yes that's it, just changing the mouse sensitivity on kde is broken for years for a large number of users

Well, OP what do you think :^)

>bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350688
Don't know about that, but the slow scrolling bug... That's actually a Qt bug, which just got fixed in the Qt 5.10 tree. :)

>I wonder why people get scared of the terminal, 2bh
People get scare of terminals because memorizing specific console commands along with their arguments is much harder than navigating through a simple GUI to achieve the same goal. Only Linux veterans claim otherwise due to the fact that they've been doing this for so long that it literally became second nature for them.

literally not an argument

Can you post one such example, user?

changing the DNS servers on a internet connection, I know this because I've memorized the procedure much quicker in Windows than its counterpart in Linux, which I often forget

Linux People don't like GUIs because memorizing specific console commands along with their arguments is much easier than clicking through a bunch of menus in a GUI to achieve the same goal. Only Windows veterans claim otherwise due to the fact that they've been doing this for so long that it literally became second nature for them.

If you are worried about changing your DNS server of your host system you should be able to follow a wiki too, user.

>this will be updated in 1 year with 2019
I feel old

thats the whole point, instead of using an intuitive gui you have to delve into man pages and wikis every time you do something if you aren't regularly using it enough to memorize it

>man page
I never use manpages, all I did was google and found out it's pretty simple, sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

>do something if you aren't regularly using it
Exactly, you don't have to change your DNS server everyday nor do you have to memorize it. When needed just google.

>OH NO I HAVE TO READ!!
proof that winfags are illiterate.

>Not changing DNS in routers
I suggest you keep using windows

FUCK

>all I did was google
Back in my days there was no google. Or, at least, not as good as nowadays.

It used to be second nature until window 10 comes along and moves it all. Still angry. It's been threee years now. WilI I ever be a contented winfag again?

This is pretty much the post of the thread. If you're used to GUI then you will find terminal annoying. If you're used to terminal you'll find GUI annoying. Personally hate using the mouse so GUIs frustrate me more than anything else in an OS.

>90s
That's some serious optimism. Linux still stuck in the 70s so is 90% of it's userbase

>I'm A Lazy-ass Millennial Too Consumed By Modern Technology to Bother Learning How It Actually Works: The Thread

Oi, thanks for posting a lossless version of this. Not sure if I've ever seen a lossy one before, but I'm saving it now, so lucky me.

>perpetually stuck in the 90s
>implying that's a bad thing