daily reminder not to buy used mining gpus off ebay
"new, in box"
"open box"
"lot of 6"
all codewords for ROI ACHIEVED

rx570
rx580

MAKE THEM KEEP THEM

If a used listing doesn't include screenshots of it's Heaven score and Furmark stats after 5 minutes, it's being sold by someone who has never used it for gaming at all

That can easily be faked

Are used mining GPUs liable to die out within a year of gayman?

there are scumbags the rewrap the plastic to make them pass as new. i'd say avoid ebay or every other private sale and go to retailer exclusively, and better yet, wait a couple of weeks for the next gen gpus

not likely

either they're already broken or you're fine

Greatly shortened lifespan.

>dealing with people involved in a Ponzi scheme
>being surprised they are attempting to deceive buyers online
They're scumbags for cooperating with a massive global fucking financial pyramid, user. Anything that comes after that is just icing on the shitcake.

proof? these cards are usually undervolted

How “greatly” are we talking about?

How long do you normally keep a GPU until you want to upgrade it?

Lower voltage means higher amperage, which means more heat.

But heat cycles are *usually* the worst thing for most modern electronics.

>Lower voltage means higher amperage, which means more heat.
that's... not how things work

>he doesn’t pump 500A over 1V
Look at this meme-miner

Are you retarded?

>Lower voltage means higher amperage
>But heat cycles are *usually* the worst thing for most modern electronics
Can't wait for miners to kill gaming so the world will be cleansed of braindead Sup Forumstards

Don't buy shit off craigslist.
Buy from ebay
Check ebay seller's history
If they've sold a good number of used GPU's, they're a miner. Don't buy from them. Case closed.

I bought by r9 290 used from a miner 4 years ago and still works perfectly fine.
Its the luck of the draw really.

or they can just make a new account without any history

Undervolting doesn't mean shit if the card has been going 100% full tilt boogie for years on end. Take your shitcard and shove it.

user, I... please read up on how semiconductors work.
And g-d bless your soul.

I bought my used 1070 for 370€ on graiglist from a gaymer who wanted to upgrade to a 1080
When I was at this basement to take the card, it was still in his rig
Feels good

And you'd be the dumbass to buy from someone w/ no established history? ...

Look at tech forums when the last mining craze ended and miners dumped their cards for cheap. Tons and tons of people complaining about artifacting.

I don't think anybody has done a validated study on the performance and integrity of mined-out cards. There are a lot of different variables involved like hygiene, power supply, physical modifications, software mods, undervolting, heat exposure. That all makes it more difficult to ascertain whether mining is going to be destructive. You have one guy who undervolts and cleans his hardware meticulously and another than runs it at stock voltages with a modded PSU and never cleans shit, which one is more liable to fail and is it going to be relevant?

>Lower voltage means higher amperage, which means more heat.

user, I . . .

Not really. Fans will probably go first. just figure out a way to replace them and you'll be meh. caps will start to go next, but you're still looking at years+ before you need to buy the next set of used up mining trash.

if the retards mining pushed them to crash 3+ times a week, it might be an issue, but honestly, those are probably the kind of cards listed as new. If you find people who are straight up with you about the fact that they're old mining cards, then you'll likely find a good deal or two.

P = IV

This is a good time for you to put an end to your gaming habit.

We believe in you.

can someone who actually understands circuits explain why running a GPU at 100% for say a month puts more "stress/wear" on it than running it for 4 hours a day playing games? what happens at the electrical/transistor/ic level?

why would I not be surprised they would just run that setup right from the floor?