Post pics of your country's spacecraft on Mars

Post pics of your country's spacecraft on Mars.

Other urls found in this thread:

researchitaly.it/en/understanding/project-and-success-stories/main-projects/italy-to-discover-mars-with-exomars-mission/#null
esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Mars_Express/Beagle-2_lander_found_on_Mars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>NASA
>white

>Mars
>white

No pics of the spacecraft itself, but here's a pic taken by it.

>space probes
>white

Great quality
Thanks for the photo

we already won space why do other countries even try?

Belive it or not Italy has actually a top notch space agency
Most of european ESA rely on Italian ASI

Ours crashed but it made it to the surface so it still counts.

And it took you all of one try to succeed.

Meanwhile...

You got btfo by Russia m8

Another chalange, post any country pics FROM venus

> mentallandscape.com/C_CatalogVenus.htm

We took two tries to succeed with a Mars probe.

here you go

oops its from Venus, does that count?

post yours from venus please

From the Magellan probe.

Post pics of your country's SPACECRAFT on Venus

We never bothered with Venus landings because it was easier to just radar map the surface than send a probe that would be destroyed in 30 minutes. The Russians didn't have the technical capability to radar map stuff so they had to use a more brute force approach. They got back a few nice pics though not much hard scientific data.

something like this

How about Mars IN Brazil?

lame excuse

I got banned from the NASA Spaceflight forum and I'd only had an account there a week.

NASA apparently looked at it and decided Venus landings weren't worth the effort for the meager amount of data we'd get back. The Venera landers were more of an engineering than a scientific accomplishment, in fact most of the info on Venus's temperatures and atmospheric composition was found by Mariner 2 and 5.

>Most of european ESA rely on Italian ASI

Ok it's a bit exagerated
it's the 3rd fund contributor
but I think we had the highest number of ESA astronauts

Italian astronauts are so based

Samantha Christoferetti a cute

First attempt (Mariner 3) failed when the payload shroud didn't separate properly, the second (Mariner 4) was a complete success.

>Germany - 24.6%
>Italy - 10.6%

oh I got it, NASA abadoned launching astronauts and material in earts orbit because it is "more of an engineering than a scientific accomplishment" 2?

who is launching usa astronauts in space anyway?

Why.

They decided to unload routine LEO launches off on SpaceX and focus only on scientific missions/exploration.

I apparently pissed off one of the forum regulars.

The thing you have to remember about forums is that you have cred based on the size of your post counter.

yes, see here
>64719072

Italy 5 Astronauts
Germany 3

Did you know only four Russian women have been in space ever as opposed to 40+ American women.

>the countdown has started
researchitaly.it/en/understanding/project-and-success-stories/main-projects/italy-to-discover-mars-with-exomars-mission/#null

>posting on a forum.

Memes aside, that bunch on NSF is fairly well known for being elitist. Hell, they have a premium subscription based super special snowflake forum

Venera didn't come from Serbia last I checked.

Nice

If your country has not yet sent exploration spacecraft outside of the solar system, please go home.

>to unload routine LEO launches off on SpaceX

good luck with SX, you have astronauts willing to be launched on SX?

Define "outside the solar system"

Because Voyager keeps reaching it like every five years.

WTF I hate Brazil now

Considering they have nothing man rated yet that may be a problem. That user must be retarded.

Voyager is outside the solar system

Most of them were alright guys but there was one extremely rude forum regular who complained I kept posting mistaken facts about various space missions.

This guy was one of those kind with like 5000 posts and I couldn't make a single post on there without drawing some complaint from him. I was banned for "posting incorrect information, ignoring complaints, and refusing to correct it". I had no problem with correcting info, but that one poster was so ridiculous rude and humorless that I wasn't motivated to do anything to his benefit.

Obviously we're not going to actually fly any astronauts until the shit is man-rated. Derp.

>This guy was one of those kind with like 5000 posts
Right. Like I said, those kind have massive forum cred and huge superiority complexes and you're not allowed to cross them.

Post pics of your continent's spacecraft on a comet.

Fick ja

Unfortunately we didn't send anything to Halley's Comet in '86 because NASA ran out of money.

What was the poster's name? I may have seen him before.

What did you say?

>Too bad Philae is stuck sideways in a crack.

Unfortunately, astronautics is quite expensive. Desu i still sometimes wonder how much of a practical use we receive from it.

Tons of material science and engineering breakthroughs have been made from putting shit into space.

There was just the Soviet Vega probe and Giotto, but the latter's camera failed before it could get any closeup shots.

I was trying to explain why I got banned from NSF. I pissed off an elitist, know-it-all forum regular.

What did you say that they said was incorrect?

It was some space missions from the Apollo era. I got some info on them incorrect and it ticked off one of the elitist forum regulars. I would have gone back, edited my posts, and fixed the incorrect info if this guy hadn't so persistently annoyed me, but I felt that I should leave the posts go to stick it to him.

It was this guy.

>6935 posts

Go figure. Rude, overbearing, humorless, and know-it-all.

>list of serbian space accomplishments.txt

404 not found

We need more pictures from benus. Surely we can build something nowadays that can last a bit longer

not mars but i put a probe in your moms crater

shes a planet size

It's Russia's parrot.

This is a Putinbot with a proxy.

haha lmao

>Hell, they have a premium subscription based super special snowflake forum
Like I'm gonna pay for that. Ha ha yeah right.

They said "It is very important to have accurate information on a forum as people use it for reference."

esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Mars_Express/Beagle-2_lander_found_on_Mars

I mean it got there at least...

It likely suffered an electronics failure at landing like some of the Russian probes.

Poor Beagle.
He did his best.

RIP in peace Beagle 2.

Only countries that landed on Titan can post in this thread

That counts you out, compadre.

The probe that landed on Titan (Huygens) was the product of the European Space Agency.

That's Mars. The Huygens probe didn't have cameras and besides, there wasn't sufficient lighting on the surface of Titan to see anything.

I should add that Vega was the last significant Russian space achievement to date.

Now we need to get Opportunity to draw a Spurdo to go with the benis.

>American """""education"""""

curiosity is a nice rendering excercise by nasa

gj on the 3d modelling lmaoo

The United States drawing a penis on another planet easily ranks among our greatest achievements.

Jokes on you the flag is French now

Taking astronomy nationally is the worst mistake we could do

Wow that's low.

kids achievement serious international space discoveries by fLaGS)))))

I'm out.

Mars 3 is a success IMO

No it wasn't. The lander died less than a minute after touchdown and returned no usable data.

>we made a rover to fly to another planet to draw a beni on it
America is eternally confirmed for bantmasters, it just transcends normal bants.