mega.nz/#F!o4kBiApZ!RyJRvhPZc6MzfCrcSyAQhA
candyclaws.bandcamp.com/album/ceres-calypso-in-the-deep-time
soundofceres.bandcamp.com/
mega.nz/#!iVZSXLRb!k2hh5eh0UoHaYji4-FDvnvYBZ4-tVJTVJVrJ62239Fk
mega.nz/#!KI4CEC6B!1z8xBR1yFtHsvNo__9QgOFgiRCOOu9muE2dcOBmMAFA
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4QxFNMlN0
pastebin.com/eHPPzFYC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does /shugazi/ think of Beverly? Worth seeing live for $5?

thatssobeverly.bandcamp.com/album/the-blue-swell

Any band is worth seeing for $5.

They're music's alright though, a little plain imo but pleasant yeah.

What does /shugazi/ think of this? youtube.com/watch?v=TPYqrVDlc_4

Pretty sure this isn't even /shugazi/. Vocal harmonies are more than /shugazi/ worthy though. Not sure how that would translate live.

>nothing's tired of tomorrow sucked
>pity sex's white hot moon jammed

I just wanna say.
I always liked Pity Sex.
Wasn't into Nothing.

I'm gonna repost the banner I made for the (short-lived) previous thread.

I saw Melt-Banana last friday and for a few seconds, Agata's guitar was spilling out some shimmering shoegazy noise and it was beautiful. So now he needs to collaborate with A Place to Bury Strangers. Would do wonders for their sound.

Suprisingly good for vocaloid/

I'm so jealous, I wish I could go and see them.

Is dreamcruaher to harsh noise what deafheaven is to black metal?

Is it a good / bad thing?

Nothing's new jam isn't bad, it's just a little lack luster.
Agreed that new Pity Sex is great.

Damn. Guilty of Everything was pretty good, and I thought it was going to be nothing but improvement from there.

same but there are some really terrible Metallica sounding riffs on ToT. they needed to take the album in a more shoegazey direction

boooiiii love this guy, got all his tapes

More stuff like a Storm in Heaven?

>tfw listened to most of the big stuff and have to work to find new albums that aren't shit

Yeah I only found out about him cause someone posted a track in the last thread.

New Pity Sex was shit and continued their streak of declining quality.

What do you mean
Post a youtube link pls

If a concert's $5 and you're even remotely familiar with who's playing it's worth going to.

Na listen to it again.

>tfw it finally "clicked" while depressed on xanax

>Sometimes is god-tier

I know you guys probably get it a lot, but where the fuck do I go next?

Flowchart or recs would be appreciated

I did, and then a third time, while enjoying it less with each consecutive listen. Sounded like typical alt-rock with the blandness turned up to 11.

New Pity Sex was shit. You've shit taste. Kill yourself.

>where do I go next
Literally anywhere, anywhere but here, because you've listened to the most basic, entry level album in this genre and expect to be spoonfed what to listen to next like a hapless fucking child, and I won't, and no one else here will either.

Fuck off and kill yourself. Seriously: No one better reply to this passive faggot. Pieces of shit like this need to learn to find music themselves if they care about it so fucking much.

This one's pretty good

Legitimate question (not trying to be a dick or spout a meme) - do you have friends?

I fail to glean the relevance of such an inquiry but I'll acquiesce: No, I do not have friends.

hey dude. I'll admit I'm ignorant, and listening to the most entry level shit. Everyone has to start somewhere..

Is there a problem you'd like to talk about man? You sound like Unty haha

I really hope your post is ironic, otherwise I'm a bit worried man. If you want to talk I'm here

Thanks, brother

Isn't Anything and MBV

check out souvlaki or isnt anything

check this out people tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, are great

Calm down there friendo. Why you gotta be so agitated?

That Dream Suicides LP is the shit

fucking love it

severely underrated, you fucks

Alchemy is fantastic, I couldn't remember where I'd heard it for a while and thought it was some lost mbv track that I'd forgotten.

is grimes shufaze

no

I don't care that you're ignorant. I care about the fact that in the midst of your ignorance, you saw fit to come here and ask to be spoonfed instead of scouring through the genre yourselves.

You listened to one fucking album, and the most entry level, basic basic shoegaze album at that, and asked us to use that as a springboard for recommendations. There was no possible fucking recommendation that could've been made on such a basis, nothing that you couldn't have discovered yourself by simply looking through 90% of RYM charts, or conducting some elementary research on 90's shoegaze.

Yes, I am unty, and I'm fucking mad that not only you'd think such a vapid, pointless inquiry is worth contributing to this thread, but I'm also fucking mad that people in this thread responded to your sick, passive ass with anything but a stern condemnation and demand to get the fuck out.

You people are a fucking cancer, a bunch of disinterested pieces of shit parading your tastes and appreciation for music throughout this board when you can't muster up the motivation to spend five minutes reading about a genre you're exploring.

There is nothing sincere about any of you. You're the reason this board is dying, why anons think it's appropriate to type like fucking 5 year old girls and consider it autistic to care and be passionate.

You people are the reason why discourse on this goddamn board is so reductive, because nothing novel is introduced because you think it's okay to spoonfeed retards and everyone on this board ends up listening to the same thing.

You want to talk? I don't want to talk. If you want to help me, then get the fuck off of my board or stop being a hapless fucking child; stop being a goddamn cancer.

man this thread is gettn weird

you guys like sianspheric?

I didn't read this, but hey. Quality shitposting as usual, my friend.

Honestly, it's people like you that ruin this fucking website. If you don't wanna help, you don't have to. Just don't be a fucking cunt to everyone

>bring up a valid concern on this board and thread, that haven't the motivation to listen to something beyond the most entry level, basic album in a genre are spoonfed
>wow fucking weird i can't believe that someone on this board and/or thread would care about people knowing how to find new music so the board doesn't ultimately ends up being scarcely but a Radiohead/Death Grips/Swans/Animal Collective circlejerk

Honestly, you didn't read a thing in that post.

He listened to ONE ALBUM. ONE, AND THE MOST BASIC, ENTRY LEVEL ALBUM AT THAT.

This isn't about me hating plebs. This isn't about me hating people with basic tastes, because I don't. I hate the fact that he thought telling us that he listened to LOVELESS and enjoyed it is enough information for us to give him some recommendation that he couldn't find himself through 10 SECONDS ON RYM OR DISCOGS OR SOME FUCKING SHOEGAZE BLOGSHIT.

People like THAT are the cancer on this board. It's due to people like THAT that over the past month, the catalog has consisted of nothing but Radiohead, Death Grips, Beyonce, and Animal Collective threads, before which it was filled with threads complaining about how this year has been "terrible" for music, because people on this board don't listen to shit unless they're spoonfed it here or on pitchfork, and it's a goddamn shame. Discourse is doomed to be a reductive, vapid NOTHING because of SHITS like that guy and shits that spoonfeed him.

kys fampai

didnt read a single word of that essay you typed up either

So, you admit to not reading a single word of either of my posts, yet think your opinion is worth more than an iota of shit.

I presume that at this point I don't need to call you retarded, that you've done all the work for me.

so do you guys like sianspheric
that album else kinda has this dnb/ambient/shoegaze thing that's cool. i usually just feel like their experiments kind of fall flat just cause their songwriting is pretty basic

Dude just shut up. You're making a big deal about nothing. This is just a shitty music board and no amount of Sup Forums police like yourself is going to alter that. You don't like this board then just leave. It's as simple as that.

What are some bands like Sweet Trips? They're probably my favorite contemporary shoelace band

Mr. Lacy

There aren't really any like them.

I know this is you, piece of shit.

>p-pls stop discussing the cancer of this board! please stop caring and trying to stop it!

>you're making a big deal of nothing
For you, perhaps it may seem so, but this board wasn't always like this. This board once had standards, and listening to a single album and thereafter asking to be spoonfed wasn't tolerated, and discussion was flourishing and healthy, instead of this present meme-machine with a dose of semi-obscure p4k-approved pop and hip-hop.

Perhaps it's not a big deal to you, because this swiveling shit is all you've ever known.

You're right, though. Clearly my time is over and I need to leave, because you'd all rather swim in this shit than develop a filter to get it out.

I'm out.

There are no bands like Sweet Trip. The Depreciation Guild is perhaps the closest you'll find.

really wish they'd come back :(

youtube.com/watch?v=k3-FDMFMdXA

non-music related posts are a the cancer of this board.
you're seriously going to say it's wrong to talk about shoegaze in a shoegaze thread now?

they might ;)

>giving basic shoegaze recommendations and essentials is talking about shoegaze

>sianspheric is a basic shoegaze recommendation
>talking about their sound isn't talking about shoegaze
whatever man

I misunderstood what you were saying. I apologize.

get out you fucking idiot

No one's ever told me to leave Sup Forums before. Nope. That perhaps I don't fit in with this crowd is an entirely novel notion to me, and I'm for the first time considering the possibility of leaving and finding a place tailored to my level of discussion.

Thank you for the contribution. I'm definitely going to leave now, and I'll never come back, ever.

unty why did you drop trip serious question

Nice non-entry level reccommendations you've got there...
Oh wait, you'd rather sperg out instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=9BR9rpJ1JwM

accessible entry to genre (whether good or bad) that has shoegaze elements

Because with the trip I developed a divisive reputation that damaged my capacity to facilitate discussion. People either thought I was joking and responded to my posts in apathetic jest, or they didn't care and responded with personal inquires instead. I wanted neither.

It got to the point that wanted to leave. I still do. There's simply no other place to go.

You are still too fucking dense to understand what I'm saying.

He listened to one album. He listened to fucking Loveless, and liked it. That is too shallow a pool of information to gather any sort of hint as to what he might like and give him any sort of non-entry level recommendation.

Do you understand yet?

When you ask someone for a recommendation, you have to give people distinct, musical attributes that you appreciate with which they can extrapolate and make an informed recommendation.

Whatever, atleast you are keeping the thread alive.

Can't stop listening to this. I've yet to check out their other albums, but if this one is any indication I'll definitely like them.

Not to be "that guy," but this album always gets tossed around in shoegaze threads.

This is dream pop/psychedelia. It's not shoegaze senpai

>/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General

same here. this is my favorite album of all time. i've listened to it so much and it's just so good.

where do i download this?

nvm found it

What do you guys think of this band in general and do you know anything similar?

Here's a dl link

>Drape - Canicular Days
mediafire.com/folder/95ovih455yi9i/drape

>Drape - DrĂ¥pe EP
mega.nz/#F!o4kBiApZ!RyJRvhPZc6MzfCrcSyAQhA

>pic related is on there

Fuck yes, Sup Forums never mentions this shit and its sooooo good. Nothing like a summer storm ends and driving around with the windows down to this album with the sun breaking through the clouds and everything smells like rain and has that humid yet cool feeling outside.

Does anyone have a link to the sound of ceres thing?

candyclaws.bandcamp.com/album/ceres-calypso-in-the-deep-time

If you want a download, use soulseek.
It's generally easier than trying to hunt down a mega link, and it has 99% of what I've searched for.

>Honestly, it's people like you that ruin this fucking website

People like him made this website what it is

I was actually thinking of
soundofceres.bandcamp.com/ but that's anyway

Where should I go if I'm looking for stuff like the darker sounding Cocteau Twins / This Mortal Coil?

*thanks

I'd rather talk to 5 year old girls than people like you. They have more interesting things to say.

literally leave

yeah, it's way less shug and it's hurting their sound.

Nice vocab, faggot

If you're trying to hurt my feelings, you're failing tremendously.

I speak and pronounce my observations with objectivity, never heeding to the whims of that which is subjective, but only that which is concrete and absolute. By this I hope to indicate exactly how little I care for these nonsensical opinions you spout as they've no basis, and thereby no legitimacy.

You are not hurting me. In fact, I laugh at each of your feeble attempts.

it's probably because you say things like

>'I fail to glean the relevance of such an inquiry but I'll acquiesce'

I don't talk that way in real life, idiot.

Of all threads, why derail this one?

We need the bumps.

Yellow Swans / The Goslings Split
>Drone, Noise, Noise Rock, Shoegaze, 192 kbps

mega.nz/#!iVZSXLRb!k2hh5eh0UoHaYji4-FDvnvYBZ4-tVJTVJVrJ62239Fk
Fuck that.
Talk about music.
Not tripfag drama.

Please do not attribute to these ineffectual little nothings anything that is of actual weight or consequence. There is no drama here.

Unty? Is that you?

This album is tight

Let me be frank for a moment, this used to be the chillest, most helpful general on Sup Forums, people were friendly for the damn sake of being friendly, people were helpful and kind to each other, I guess shoegaze is notorious for attracting that king of crowd because of implied druggies.
I've been listening to shoegaze for about 4 years now, and I'm fucking appalled by the immaturity and lack of self-awareness in this thread. I'm not saying it's always like this, last thread was great for example.
/general/ threads should always be open to everyone, that said we really do need to bring the paste bin back

Dif Juz - Huremics (1981)
>Post-Punk, Dream Pop, Instrumentals,

mega.nz/#!KI4CEC6B!1z8xBR1yFtHsvNo__9QgOFgiRCOOu9muE2dcOBmMAFA

youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4QxFNMlN0

Whatever the fuck you think it is.
Stop encouraging non-music related posts.
Stop making non-music related posts.

Does anyone even have the pastebin link anymore?

Full minimal wave

Dream Pop is considered a subgenre of shoegaze, fampai. If we weren't supposed to discuss it here these threads would die even faster.

pastebin.com/eHPPzFYC

>Dream Pop is considered a subgenre of shoegaze
No, it's not. It's absolutely not considered a subgenre of shoegaze.

>Dream Pop is considered a subgenre of shoegaze
it's not, but it's closely related
also dream pop has been around way longer
shoegaze is more of a development on dream pop, but a lot of shoegaze isn't dreamy so it's certainly not a subgenre of it

fuck off you cunt

unty, please leave Sup Forums

actually,
all pf your posts make me laugh/cringe so damn hard. looked like a fool today when i burst into laughter in class reading your posts. please stay forever