Has any band ever fallen so far?

They are completely incapable of making good music anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they always sucked

White Album was fine

this

I honestly think they're going to start releasing good music more now, they seem to not give a shit about anything between green and everything will be alright

their last good album was literally 20 years ago. why are people still talking about them?

This is what I'm saying though. EWBAITE had some decent stuff on it and the white album was "nice" but they will never make any actually good to great music ever again

As if most bands don't do exactly the same.

I can't think of a single other artist that has made as much inexcusably terrible music as weezer has without throwing in the towel

Cuomos is too old now to write the teen angst that he was once good at

Lyrnyrd Skynyrd fell ~30,000 feet

Silversun Pickups

The only reason anyone gave a shit about Weezer in the first place was because of the Beverly Hills song. They're one-hit wonders personified.

Green Day. They literally went from the kings of the DIY California punk scene on their first two albums, to the leading pop punk band through the 90s, to one of the most awful, bland, unbearable scene kid bands ever with American Idiot

Literal burn

0/10

>the kings of the DIY California punk scene on their first two albums

this has never happened

green day could be argued as a good pop punk band at the most, but they were never considered important

yes, they were. If you deny this, you don't know about the San Francisco punk scene of the late 80s/early 90s. Everyone from Bad Religion to Pennywise to Operation Ivy to The Offspring to NOFX remembers them when they were an underground band, being blown away, and thinking "these guys are gonna be huge"

this is a new level of contrarianism

How so? They went from a fairly respected pop punk band to an awful stadium tween band. I think this opinion is a pretty popular one.

I mean that at certain points of their careers, many acts and artists sell out/burn out/start rehashing their old material. We simply don't remember most of it because it usually doesn't sell well. But look at U2, everyone knows they have been going for 20 years too long. Or Jack White. Or Pete Doherty/Libertines. The list goes on

Green Day

American Idiot is one of their best albums.

Yeah I thought that was the standard opinion on Green Day

I actually think the Libertines are a bad example, because they keep bouncing in quality. The first Libertines album was great. The second was shit. The first Babyshambles album was shit. The second was great. The Dirty Pretty Things album was great. The recent Babyshambles album was shit. Pete Doherty's solo album was okay. The new Libertines album is great.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

wow, such edge

no, it's unbearably awful

But Rolling Stone readers voted them best band of the 2000s, beating Radiohead (number 2).

>youcan'texplainthat.jpg

Rolling Stone's survey pool is really fucking weird - they'll come up with a pleb answer like that, but at one point Rolling Stone's readership also voted Fugazi as the best live band. Rolling Stone is a confused publication.

Depends on who is voting I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

I suppose they win either way - if they promote pleb shit they please a lot of people, and if they go "patrician" they seem cool and "in the know"

Coldplay

someone post weeew

I think you don't like it because it's popular.

weeew

no, I don't like it because I find it horribly annoying. I have ever since it came out, when I was 15. I liked their 90s albums, I hated this one. It was glossy and bland.

Weezer was never good

Weezer has never made a good album

thanks bb

I'd say King Crimson crashed harder than Weezer did, but that probably says more bad about King Crimson than it does good about Weezer.

No one can justify to me why they didn't quit after Pinkerton.

White Album says hello

What probably happened with Fugazi was, like, all the other options split the votes pretty badly so Fugazi's relatively dedicated fanbase was able to power through it.

They produce very quotable lines, similar to Death Grips.
>IN THE GARAGE
>MY NAME IS JONAS
>YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO WORK, I TAKE MY BOARD
>IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY MY SWEATER
>ect.

If White Album is good, then so is this

Uno is decent fun.

I like Carpe Diem and Nuclear Family.

Green Day and Bowling For Soup.

just like most bands who've been around for 20 years. why is weezer special