How can normie metalheads compete?

How does this make you feel?

change aesthethica to the ark work and it's perfect

where's sunbather

yes
Aesthethica isn't nearly autismal enough.

why do people not like liturgy
i don't get it

Mastodon and Burzum are both pretty mainstream.
A lot of the other picks, like Jesu, Fen and The Sword just seem kind of random to me.

Because the band members dress like hipsters and the lead singer is a pretty pretentious guy. You know how image-conscious black metal fans are, the music could be great and if a bands aesthetic doesn't fit into a particular little bubble of grimness and frostiness, they will spazz out

this is a pretty outdated chart, back from a time when atmosludge and blackgaze was considered cool

keep liturgy, cynic, burzum, ulver and boris. replace everything else with caverncore/dissoshit like portal, DSO, ulcerate, that one gorguts album, voivod, etc.

(not that i think most of that music is bad, it's just what hipsters are gravitating towards nowadays)

Yeah the band members look silly and HHH is a pretentious fuckwad when he's busying going through whatever meme thesis shit he has but the music is honestly god tier.

I haven't heard an album as original as The Ark Work in forever.

this entire post belongs back in 2010, it's so corny

I like most of these albums. But why does The Sword get labeled hipster metal? Is there something I'm missing? Also, They're coming to my town on Wednesday. Is it worth it to see them?

shit list
where is MGLA

sorry but Liturgy is trash. Always has been, always will be.

Originality is of little importance, and to be fair its only originality lies in smashing together different musical styles in the most jarring way possible.
The music is honestly comedic in its silliness. It actually sounds like something that would come out of a Sup Forums project.

>Suddenly realize your the only one left on Sup Forums who likes Colors

k
But the way they combine math rock, black metal, baroque style compositions, with the insane technical skill the band has, plus their unique sense of counterpoint and interplay is just an utterly fantastic combination which is currently unmatched not because no one is as good but simply because there's literally no one else in the area. It's uncharted territory and it's complete genius.
I like it. Overrated to shit but it's a great album for sure. d

Most overrated metal album I know
stitching random parts together =/= songwriting
Completely unmemorable and wanky even for a fucking prog metal record

/metal/ is really into slam these days, this chart is from back when they listened primarily to black metal.

I dunno, I can only really think of 1 or 2 changeups that feel kinda awkward and forced. Everything else just kinda feels like it belongs together. At least from my perspective.

>/metal/ is really into slam these days,
are they really? i haven't kept up with /metal/ in a while, i just assumed it was shitposting

The only changeup I don't like is that retarded fucking bluegrass bit. Literal cancer

I dunno, it was kinda fun. Most cringey part of the album though for sure.

That fucking blues lick was the fucking tits though (I can't remember what track it was in)

>i haven't kept up with /metal/ in a while
I stopped going on there like two years ago and I guess the slam shitposting turned into a real thing.

>smashing together different musical styles in the most jarring way possible.
>The music is honestly comedic in its silliness.
you say that like it's a bad thing

jus for the record I like them. I just pointed out that ark work is more hipster because its more experimental