Ad-blockers

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing to discuss. If you "work" in such a way that absolutely REQUIRES obtrusive advertising for a profit, it's time to get a real job.

>accep that.
>rescept that.
>non sense

I don't give a fuck what moral tribulations this fucker is going through when hes just telling me to accept his bullshit ads.

what a cuck

anotha shoah

Has anyone made a cryptominer spoofer yet? Like something that just swamps them with bad hashes?

t. dont know much about mining

Been using adblocks for more than a decade now. Give me a good reason to stop.

>hurr durr adblocking herts me
Remember when websites used to inject all kinds of malicious shit to it's readers pc's and didn't gave a flying fuck? Now we're the ones doing the no fucks given, faggot

Been blocking ads for so long I can't remember what they look like

I'm not listening to you homo. I'll do whatever the fuck I want and I don't give a flying fuck if you think it's wrong

I do what I want motherfucker.

If site is shitty without an adblocker I accelerate its death by using adblocker and wasting the site's bandwidth. Win-win.

what is loaded/displayed/executed on my browser is decided by me

>creating a public website and getting angry when visitors dont want to get eye-fucked by the shitty malware-infested ads

lmao

>Using an ad blocker is never the right or respectful solution.
Right. I guess I should let every website track me 10 times as much as they already are and also manually close every popup or redirect when I open not widely known websites. Mining is malware, that's not something to be ever discussed. Most ads and the whole advertising industry is just as unethical as malware, arguably even worse.
That's not how it goes. The whole web is already a piece of shit in every single way. Web "development" should never be called software development because it's not. Modern UI design is bad. 99% of content on the web is absolute trash and literally not even worth reading for any reason, and with the way everything works that kind of trash is what the vast majority of people are consuming.
JS, CSS, HTML, PHP are bad and all of those are widely used, PHP not so much because of the alternatives but the first 3 are mandatory. The HTTP protocol is bad.

pihole + ublock.
what are ads?

If the site is slow, I'm saving their bandwidth, too.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ads are not hosted on websites

My bandwidth, my rules. I'm thoroughly disrespectful. Hosts files and adblockers are my Giftgas, and if that hurts some cunts fee-fees that only fuels my erection.

There's nothing to discuss

lmao what an idiot. allowing any kind of ads is encouraging the content producer to stay with a cancerous way of monetizing that (except for the little money they make from it) only benefits botnet ad companies and paranoid three letter agencies. make sure they don't make a penny off the ads on their page. let them get frustrated so they put all their shit behind a pay wall. I gladly pay them a nominal fee for the subscription.

I wish it were possible to punch people across the internet.

I've never heard of pihole before - isn't it just the same as using adblocking dns servers?

>Block ads
>Block miner
>Block lame message with a cosmetic filter
Problem solved, browse shitty site for minutes and leave forever.

I have used and adblocker for aslong they existed, if you were around for the early day popup ads you had no choice or the internet was unusable

>rule34 gives you gay adds if you search for futa on male
Yeah, nah - I'm blocking this shit. I'm not into gay stuff.
Respect the user and he'll respect you back. Fuck up and get fucked up.

ya but it's your own little private server. and you get a cool web interface.

>Dont want malware infested ads burning my CPU and tracking me
>I'm selfish somehow.
Setup a donation box if you want your hobby site give you some money. Otherwise get lost.

>I'm not into gay stuff.

I had to switch to IE briefly while fidgeting with a remote desktop. I forgot how absolutely fucking disgusting ads and popups are. It made me about as mad as having to sit and watch TV (with ads!) with normie family members once every six months.

Also, if your shit is worth watching then you get a transaction-handler (Patreon) and people will fund you. If not, you either suck and shouldn't quit your day job or you're a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONGLOMERATE WITH MERCHANDISING.

>get in car
>drive to work
>see billboard with half nekkid woman selling lingerie
>be distracted
>have a small fender bender
>have to walk to work now due to muh billboard distraction...

Ads on the internet should be like billboard ads, static with no sound. Then I wouldn't block them.

It's a way to kill the breeders

Ohh this thread again. Cute.

IT'S ON MY CLIENT, MOTHERFUCKER
ROOT DECIDES WHO GETS PRIVILEGES AROUND HERE

I agree with OP's point. I'll still use an ad blocker but I wouldn't mind if a website blocked me. No hard feelings.

I just don't give a fuck. I do what benefits me, they do what benefits them and that's the way it is. If they outsmart me and I can't get around their ads touche. If I get around their's that's just the way it is. Moral arguments don't accomplish anything.

>Use a public computer/ someone else's computer
>almost terrifying to see such a different internet than I'm used to

Seems like too much work as a semi-normie.

It does kind of suck when you realize you're completely out of it. I never know what games are getting released or what movies are in the theaters. Still I wouldn't be interested in 90% of them anyways and the big shit bleeds through. It is kind of interesting how much control ads have on your ability to know what exists in the consumer market though.

Literally me. I only fairly recently, couple of years ago, learned that Youtube has ads before videos.

I have limited bandwidth on both mobile and desktop. Ads aren't a priority for it. Sorry.

it's actually really easy. you copy paste 1 command in a terminal and change one thing in your router. and then you're done.

It's not my point though (OP here).

I just thought it's a compelling argument to spark some discussion here. It's from a comment to an article about the Salon mining thing.

What kind of pi should I get?

>implying that i'm not allowed to manipulate a stream of bytes as i see fit
why non tech people are retarded?

Well that's the whole point of ads.
Advertising.

You could run it on any pi model with an ethernet. I use a Raspi 3. but I'm sure even a raspi 1 could handle it easily.

TRANSLATION::::: My website is my temple, a temple of shit made of shit and funded by shit. If you enter my temple of shit wearing a gas mask you must take the gas mask off otherwise how will you be able to pay me for breathing my shit? If you dont like my shit dont visit my temple of shit, go to somebody elses temple of shit see if they let you in with a gasmask on. If you try to sneak in wearing an invisible gasmask we will know and we will jump up and down and stamp our feet and start crying but we cant stop you, even our lawyers said we can block you but we cannot sue you if you ninja your way in and wear a gasmask and enter our temple of shit without breathing our shit

What is the best adblock?

your eyes faggot
just look away

meme 2018

Don't bother. Get router that runs LEDE instead and use that to block ads by hosts files. You can have adlist subscriptions on LEDE

If you can block ads then people will block ads. And no matter what they do, there will always be a way to block ads. You can cry about ethics all you want, but that doesn't change reality. It's the responsibility of the site operator to monetize the site in a way that the target audience will tolerate.

It's also hilarious that they'd talk about "respect" in the same sentence as endorsing hidden cryptominers embedded in websites as if that's respectful towards your users.

this lede?
you mean openwrt?
openwrt.org/

>sue

For what? $0.002 cents worth of bandwidth? Against a person you have no method of identifying? The court would send you a bill for wasting their time even attempting initiate such a lawsuit.

I remember seeing the box ads to the right of the video, and the bar ad on the lower half of the video, but I think I learned about ad block extensions before I had ever seen a video ad.
Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I started ad blocking because of blip.tv's ads, not youtube's ads.

Our shit is not free we had to monetize our shit and the only way to make you do that is to make you breathe its acrid fumes. By breathing our shit you are respecting the holy order of the shitmaker clan. A clan with powerful connections to the high priests of shit, Google.
It is disrespectful the them and us if you wear a gasmask while entering our shit palaces. Whether we make 1000th of a cent or 1000 dollars it makes no difference to us, Our overlords will be insulted. Please breathe our shit do the right thing, allow us to be fat and respected, instead of seeing us as big fat turds.

No fucks given, if ads retards quit the web because they can't make money it'll only benefit us, since people that want to share knowledge by free will will replace them. Modern web should just die already, we need late 90's/early 2000 internet to come back.

this is the neoliberalism you classcucks pretend to want

I'm using adblocker, idgaf. Accep that.

>at friends house catching up and showing each other things online with his computer
>fucking ads everywhere on some sites to the point where it becomes difficult to navigate
>unskippable ads in front of youtube videos
>tell him he really needs to get adblock
>he thinks it would be difficult to install or mess up his computer in some way
>tell him it's just an add on but he still doesn't bother

I should have forced it on him right then. I don't know how people can live like that. I guess it's good for me that most people do though.

>How DARE you change the channel during commercials?!
How do people like this even feed themselves?

>tfw adblockers can't stop stream insertion

Nigger what? I'm paying my ISP for shuffling all of your sites ads around the globe. If anything, you filthy jewish website owner should pay me and offer me rebates for dealing with your eyecancer.

They can, just not browser ones.

Now, this is what I call a turbo cuck, I wouldn't be surprised if he also unironically posts on r/cuckold.