Why are programming languages not intuitive?

Even a babby can pick up Microsoft Excel and start using it from day 1. But programming takes literally years of hard work and patience to get the hand of. Why?

pic unrelated.

I miss bestie

A babby can pick up programming and start using it from day 1. It's just that we put them in front of computers with pre-existing software on them.

GOTO 10

>Even a babby can pick up Microsoft Excel and start using it from day 1
And professional Excel users write macros in a syntax reminiscent of BASIC. Eat shit.

PLASTIC WHORES

With the prevalence of plastic surgery in slant eye country, you have to wonder how ugly their children will be.

They are intuitive, if you have basic knowledge of how a computer works. Abstracting more and more of it would just make things inefficient and more unnecessarily convoluted for those who know what they're doing.

Trade off between flexibility and usability.

Programming languages are immensely flexible in what they allow you to do. Excel is not.

You only think spoken language is intuitive because you've been speaking it for so long and understand it so well. Natural languages are not intuitive in the least.

The same will happen with a good programming language.

In my experience the more user-friendly a language is, the harder it is to do something non-trivial in it.

this
fpbp

Even a babby can pick up a calculator and start using it from day 1. But advanced math takes literally years of hard work and patience to get the hand of. Why?

1. Takes maybe a week for the biggest noob to start coding functioning stuff in java / c++
2. Richard stallman quote
3. Stop masturbating
3. Female mutilation is wrong

Because you're not asian.

>The same will happen with a good programming language.

Meaning it will become intuitive eventually.

It takes literal years of hard work verbalizing to speak your native tongue so fluently, and decades more to actually become notably good at it, and just consider how often you're practicing that (speaking, shitposting, reading, thinking, dreaming, etC).

>Asians in high waist shorts

hnnnngg

>It takes literal years of hard work verbalizing to speak your native tongue so fluently
Because you're a fucking baby.

brainlet detected

Excel is only intuitive because because basic excel usage consists of inputting math formulas, something people have studies for most of their school years. Programming has all these relatively new concepts like loops, branches, and especially recursion that people haven't really encountered in this form before.
There is also a lack of incentive for people to develop ultra-easy languages, because they would inevitably be inferior to already existing languages in professional environments, as they are not geared towards that goal. So companies have no incentive to create them, leaving the task to academics who come up with bizarre shit like scratch.

because programs are generally more complex than spreadsheets

Because LISP didn't become the standard.

>those legs

wew lads

Lmao if u aren't an autodidact that learned from programming your calculator while you were in school

I think we take for granted how alien a basic desktop computer is to someone who never used it. Pretend you're from some third-world shithole where no one has even seen a computer, and someone sat you in front of a computer and told you to figure it out. And then an hour later told you to figure out Excel.

My point is this: You were taught how to use a computer at some point in your life. I believe that programming could be just as easy if someone were to teach you how the rules and syntax work, just like they taught you the rules of the desktop paradigm (double click to launch a program, start menu, etc.)

Now that doesn't mean that the average joe will automatically be an expert software developer or computer scientist designing complex algorithms. Just like how you have the average Windows user who doesn't know shit about computers, and then you have the people who use powershell and shit. It's kinda like that.

Babies are incredibly good at learning languages.

>because they would inevitably be inferior to already existing languages in professional environments, as they are not geared towards that goal.
Can you expand on this?

For a short period of time.

This. Which is why kids that are neglected during the important developmental periods grow up with learning difficulties.

Not that user, but I'm guessing that every field that has significant computational tasks already has a set of libraries for an existing language or a domain-specific language which abstract away most tasks to one doShit(ya_cunt) call.

Because you're looking at structured logic that can become increasingly complex as the system evolves.

A kid can print out "Hello, World!" If I asked that same kid to print out that same by the amount of vowels in that statement, they would have a difficult time even writing out the logic for it. Most schools don't teach basic, abstract logic, e.g., how to break shit down systematically.

Generally, if you design something to be really good at X, it will suffer in other areas, so it won't be as good as something else at Y. So if you made a programming language that was really really fucking easy to learn, it would probably end up being a worse option for huge software projects managed by a large number of people (i.e. most commercial software), as you would inevitably have to make some trade-offs for ease of learning.

>tfw you never fell for the apple meme

That's why I included that it takes even longer to git gud, retard. None of this nonsense is "intuitive". Intuition is putting the square peg in the square hole.

Languages, of any kind, will never be "intuitive".

20thpbp

>those legs
she is so wildly disproportionate, is this particularly attractive to anyone here?

I mean ofc I'd smash, but it's far from ideal imho

what a freak

It is fucking easy to program with Excel.

Just click on the macro recorder.

Do your shit with mouse and keyboard.

Stop the macro recorder.

Edit your macro.

Change only the tiny bits of the shit you just recorded, so you can re-use it.

BAM done!

Are people really attracted to these surgery sliced up bitchgooks?

yes these bitches are so hot wtf is wrong with you m8

are their faces copypasted

jesus fuck

gay

It's just a combination of low camera angle, high heels, and a short skirt with a high waist.

because then you'd have a DSL for every god damn problem domain. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but good luck getting everyone on board with learning or shitting out another utility language.

Is no one going to mention their knees?

I guess it doesn't matter if they also get plastic surgery.

programming is dead simple it's that most people do not try

p.s. i'd like to see the one on the right take a bbc

>But programming takes literally years of hard work and patience to get the hand of. Why?
Because you lack the kind of thinking required for programming. If you have problems with subjects that work in the abstract (like math) then you're not fit for programming since it's just working in the abstract.

>I miss bestie
fpbp

>not loving disproportionate girls

Lisp is powerful, but not necessarily intuitive. There's a steep learning curve.

thot/gookposting is a cianigger psyop

not really, no

She has shit taste in books