Now that Firefox is trying to be Poor Man's Chrome since the Quantum update...

Now that Firefox is trying to be Poor Man's Chrome since the Quantum update, what browser is the true successor to Firefox 56?

Other urls found in this thread:

tabmixplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73159#p73159
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you name something that's wrong with current Firefox? The software that you run, not ideologies or something.

Firefox still has more options (about:config). You can disable what you want, you can customize the tabs, URL bar, context menu.
Firefox has all of this plus more over Chrome. Now it's just as fast in real world usage. If anything Chrome should take notes from firefox.

Waterfox

Historically, the difference between Firefox (or its derivatives) and Chrome was customization. Firefox has plenty of options built in, and if something was missing there would be an add-on for it. With the newest versions of Firefox, Mozilla's stupid design decisions are permanent because add-ons are weakened.

Firefox 56 is great, but it won't be wise to use it in the far future, so I want to know what browsers are similar to it.

A lot of the most popular addons, used by hundred of thousands of people, cannot be ported to quantum because of some design retardation.

Downthemall? Nope.
TabMixPlus? Nope.
AIO sidebar? Nope.

They will only add more APIs not take away. They still havent finished adding shit. In terms of speed, security, customization, and stability, firefox did the right thing going with webext. It is still way more customizable than chromium based browsers, now just as fast.

Some things may not be possible (for now at least). Who knows in the future. But The pros outweigh the cons in why they moved to webext.

What did he mean by this?

>waiting 6 months between 57 and 60
Four (4!) versions to make a basic addon work again.

>basic
It's one of the more complex addons out there.

Opera works great.

>Poor Man's Chrome

>Has features that Chrome will never implement (say thank you Google and then suck your masters LOGs)

Anyone non-ironically using Chrome should just hang themselves. Then again it is safe to assume that 99% of "intellectuals" that use Chrome are on Windows and/or Mac.

Also appearently reading docs is asked too much for average Chrome user. Literally every single piece of Firefox UI still is customizable (they even ship a live previewer with it) but people are too retarded.

>pic related

It should with all the data they collect

Also Firefox just informed me that Sup Forums seemingly fingerprints you everytime you post. Congratulations. Chrome would never tell you this. And Firefox is so nice and tells fucking Jewish Japanese m00t that my Fingerprint is the exact same as Tor Browsers. HF

/thread

Waterfox (64bit) is slower than Firefox 32bit nor is it beautiful Quantum ( ). Enjoy your aids.

That's what I really don't get. Firefox ships with a way to modify the UI in the easiest way possible, live updates it and people complain about not being able to edit the UI. Like WTF?

I've been using Vivaldi and I love it. I dropped Firefox a couple of months ago and I haven't looked back.

You use like 5 addons I'm not surprised you like quantum, on the other hand people who used ff for over a decade might have over 30 addons they use and half of them don't run on latest firefox versions

This is the exact point I am saying though. People are used to have 30 useless addons on Firefox while in Chrome they use 5 and are happy with it. If Firefox had been using WebExtensions from day one on nobody would care. The only people crying are idiots like you thinking they NEED to have 30 extensions to do something.

Firefox provides you with a tool to modify the UI to your wishes, including live previews and has built in security features that Chrome misses. What do you want ? Bing toolbar ?

I have installed a total of 16 extensions and literally there cannot be a more secure browser setup possible. Don't forget Firefox itself makes some mandatory Chrome addons redundant. Its just that people are too autistic to sit down and read docs.

Also just because you only see 5 extensions in the bar does not mean there are only 5 installed. I am not an autistic faggot like you idiot that cannot read docs and clutters his bar.

This

Yeah it has good responsiveness and lower RAM and CPU usage than Firefox Quantum. Give it a shot.

If you are talking about where do you see "like 5 extensions"? And also since when is "number of extension" equivalent to any "usefulness"? I constantly see people cluttering their Browsers (specifically Firefox pre 57) with useless shit they do not need but install it because it sounds good to them "Free, Best, Fastest, Private *** Extension".

Best example are Session Isolation, Useragent switcher, Canvas, Adblocker, Cookies and shit like that.

This is not an argument when Mozilla says it, and it's not an argument here either. At the end of the fucking day, you can do stuff with the extension system that you can't do with the shitty gimped webexes. "But we'll add more APIs promise!" rings pretty fucking shallow. They can never add enough to get within even 10% of what they tore out.

The deal was fucking sealed for me when they were having this massive security discussion on the bug tracker about an API to hide the tab bar (so stuff like tree tabs doesn't have redudant shit on the screen)

Their main issue was *security*. What if some hypothetical evil addon comes along and hides the tab bar. That would be the worst fucking thing *ever*.

Fuck Mozilla. Fuck them so much. I hope their entire company burns to the fucking ground.

I only want two plugins. DownThemAll and Pentadactyl. Both of these have been neutered *hard* because Mozilla now caters to the lowest common fucking denominator

Your entire thought process is irrational

Stop shilling your abandonware here moonchild.

I don't like Quantum but this guy is correct. I have been using Firefox since around 2005 (say thanks to my government) and people would shit their browser full of useless extensions that are literally just data miners and provide functionality that Firefox already has builtin. But people are literally too retarded to read.

Lets hope you are baiting. Why is it ok if Chrome does it but not if Mozilla do it? This is literally just illogical. Just look how many addons in Chrome store are malicious. Now imagine that in Firefox pre 57 where an addon can execute NATIVE CODE.

>Pentadactyl
Vimium works perfectly fine for me.

>DownThemAll
The sole fact you use this shows you are more likely than not running Windows/Mac. So go ahead don't leave your Botnet bubble.

I currently use waterfox.
People may say it's a meme, but it is basically just firefox 56 with quantam security patches.

You can hide the tab bar retard

>quantam security patches.
Wrong.

Waterfox allows legacy Extensions which literally makes all security patches invalid. People think Mozilla did this for fun how dumb are they actually? As soon as you install any legacy extension into your browser for which you did not check the whole codebase you HAVE to assume your ENTIRE SYSTEM to be infected.

>Why is it ok if Chrome does it but not if Mozilla do it?

Who said it was okay if Chrome did it you illiterate nigger?

>Vimium works perfectly fine for me

Of course it does, because you barely fucking used it enough for the shitty limitations webex forces on you to be an issue. Enjoy your nanny browser.

Programmatically?

So run Common Sense 2018 Platinum and don't install sketchy addons, retard. Why should my use case suffer because illiterates can't computer?

Opt-out telemetry collection that likes to reenable itself after upgrades, forced silent addon installs for (((marketing))), literal 10 year old certificate handling bugs, reducing functionality to cater to the lowest common denominator.

>Who said it was okay if Chrome did it you illiterate nigger?
You want extensions that are able to execute native code without checking the code.

>Of course it does, because you barely fucking used it enough for the shitty limitations webex forces on you to be an issue.
I have been using Vim since 20 years and literally there has not been anything that WebExtensiosn have affected for Vimium since Vimium simply injects JS into the page.

But go ahead prove me more how you are typical Windows/Mac User that uses DownThemAll. People like you are the reason people like me can earn a living by literally just writing software once and then doing nothing.

>Programmatically?
The sole fact that you ahve to ask this just proves it. "I AM TOO RETARDED TO READ THE DOCS THATS WHY I CALL OTHERS NIGGERS".

I said 5 times that Firefox ships with a UI modifier which allows LIVE PREVIEWS for the changes you made. But clearly reading is too hard for an autist. Stay mad inside your Botnet Jewish Cuck.

>don't install sketchy addons, retard
Tell that to (according to Google and Mozilla) 500 million users.

>Why should my use case suffer because illiterates can't computer?
You are installing something you don't have the source code for that has access to ALL of your Computer. How do you want to confirm that it is malicious or not? Look at how many WEBEXTENSION addons in Chrome store are rated 4/5 but Google later finds them doing shady stuff. Now Imagine that with native code.

Literally the only reason people do not use Firefox is because they are too autistic to actually read some docs.

>Opt-out telemetry collection that likes to reenable itself after upgrades,
Literally never happened to me and I am using Firefox since 15 years. You probably opted in to studies at some point and then forgot it. Also telemetry is opt-out for all Browsers thats just how it works (Chrome, and all forks as thus cant even disable it)

It's less like chrome than previous versions.

No fucking shit, the same way I want my COMPUTER to be able to execute any other arbitrary fucking program without reading it first. Do you read the source for all the programs you run? No? Then fuck off hypocrite.

Let me make my own decisions on what I want to run. Apparently Mozilla forgot who's hardware they're running on: not theirs.

Vivaldi.

>No fucking shit, the same way I want my COMPUTER to be able to execute any other arbitrary fucking program without reading it firs

Are you really that retarded? You just confirmed to the entire world you are installing random things without knowing if it is malicious or not.
That was the entire reasoning of Mozilla (and Google) to adopt WebExtensions: So you dont have to read the fucking source to trust it.

But go ahead prove me more how much you are inside Google and Microsoft Botnet. Your computer is full of malicious software anyway so who cares if in addition to American botnets you are in Ukrainian or Mongolian ones as well amirite?

>Literally never happened to me

Not an argument.

>typical Windows/Mac User that uses DownThemAll.

Not an argument.

>Tell that to (according to Google and Mozilla) 500 million users.

HEY, 500 MILLION USERS: STOP GIMPING MY SHIT SO YOU CAN BE ILLITERATE RETARDS AND CLICK ON EVERYTHING WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF THOUGHT, THANKS.

>I said 5 times that Firefox ships with a UI modifier which allows LIVE PREVIEWS for the changes you made.

What the literal fuck are you dribbling on about? We're talking about a hook that allows addons to modify the UI. Nobody here is talking about previewing your own changes. Apparently my previous judgment of you being an illiterate, boot-lipped, smelly nigger is dead on. Try reading before chimping out in the future, Tyrone.

>That was the entire reasoning of Mozilla (and Google) to adopt WebExtensions: So you dont have to read the fucking source to trust it.

Read: Remove the ability of people to do interesting things so they can't hurt themselves :D

Pic related: Your perfect computer

There's really only two things on your computer that are always on and you show them everything. An operating system and a browser. Even some larger botnet program like Photoshop isn't always on and you don't do all your computing through it anyway.

The way I see it, it's these two that should be open source software. Just because hiding something nasty in them would work only once, then people stop trusting your software. All your other programs could be closed source in my opinion, they aren't still enough to identify your whole life. They each have a specific purpose and cannot be guaranteed to be open at all times, making any spying insignificant through them. Not the one you replied to btw.

>You just confirmed to the entire world you are installing random things without knowing if it is malicious or not.

I don't think he said that desu. Your best argument is that proper addons are like executing arbitrary code? Okay... and? How does that not describe every program a user installs and runs? How is that an argument for making programs less useful?

>Maybe a bug is caused by my system
>No cannot be the case its always the fault of the vendor

>typical Windows/Mac User that uses DownThemAll.
>Not an argument.

Can you get a more typical Windows user?

>What the literal fuck are you dribbling on about? We're talking about a hook that allows addons to modify the UI. Nobody here is talking about previewing your own changes. Apparently my previous judgment of you being an illiterate, boot-lipped, smelly nigger is dead on. Try reading before chimping out in the future, Tyrone.

If you are not content then go ahead use Waterfox and install all your legacy addons. Just don't be surprised why you are inside 5000 different botnets.

If you want to do "interesting stuff" go ahead install Waterfox and use legacy addons who is stopping you? Just Mozilla is not supporting it which is the right way since in the end it is people like you complaining about "broken Firefox" because of external extensions that are allowed to run native code.

>Your best argument is that proper addons are like executing arbitrary code
You are saying that is my "best" argument although I gave multiple well defined arguments that all add up.

I think the problem is that people here are just too drawn in into their "Microsoft bubble"

Look up how "installing software" works in Linux and then go scratch your head how much malicious stuff you have. I bet my ass off if you'd run smth with netpcap on your shitty Windows desks you'd literally just kill yourselfs for being this stupid.

share secure browser setup addons

That's fair, but my main gripe is that Mozilla have gone waaaaaaayyy too far in the nanny direction. Hell, you can't even install arbitrary addons if you want to, unless Mozilla Inc. has blessed them. You have to go run an entirely different SKU of the same browser.

If people want locked-down appliances that can't do anything cool, fine, I just want a browser that's made for people who know what the fuck they're doing. The removal of functionality, the constant "are you sure?" prompts, it gets really fucking old after a while.

The sole fact that you have to ask proves it.
Firefox litearlly needs no addon to be more secure than Chrome with every possible addon inside the Chrome Web Store. People seem to forget that what the Tor Project is doing with Tor Browser gets merged back into mainline Firefox. They just have to enable it. And there we are back at "Windows/Mac users are too autistic to read 5 minutes of documentation"

Mozilla literally has documentation on how to make the most secure browser just by switching some flags on or off and explain it for mental autistic jewish faggots like and they still fail. How miserable are you idiots?

post the documentation

>If you are not content then go ahead use Waterfox and install all your legacy addons. Just don't be surprised why you are inside 5000 different botnets.

Bitch, please. I've been in Firefox since before there was an Addon system. No botnet plugins, because as said before, I'm not some drooling retard who installs every addon available because it looks shiny.

>because of external extensions that are allowed to run native code.

s/native/useful. The "malicious addons" boogeyman was WAY overhyped, and more often than not came about as a result of pre-existing malware on the system, not something that got in by a bad addon install.

Stop defending blunting knives because retards will drop them on the feet.

>How miserable are you idiots?

Butthurt SJWzilla employee detected. Shouldn't you be off flagellating yourself for your privilege right about now?

>Can't hide scrollbars.
> Can't use stylish to edit tab bar height
I see no reason to use nightly until they add back all they removed.

>No botnet plugins, because as said before, I'm not some drooling retard who installs every addon available because it looks shiny.

>I am not inside of a botnet
>Installs legacy addons without checking source code
>Runs on Windows/Mac

>I've been in Firefox since before there was an Addon system.

Why is this the kind of argument that is always brought up when people realize they are losing an argument? "I have been using X since Y" so what now? You are aware someone using something 2 days can still be better in it than someone using something 20 years?

>The "malicious addons" boogeyman was WAY overhyped,

That's why Google had to again remove WEBEXTENIONS that had millions of installs right?

>and more often than not came about as a result of pre-existing malware on the system,

So if you are already in my botnet I will go ahead and add you to another one through your Webbrowser. Although you are already in my botnet right? How dumb are you actually?

> not something that got in by a bad addon install.

Google is constantly fighting against malicious WEBEXTENSIONS with installs in the 10s of millions and you are talking about installing native code for which you not only have no support but can't check its source. Ok.

>I will only quote what I can argue against. Everything else I will leave out and lets shill out another insult thats my autist way to make other people confused.

>I got fired
>Lets make bad PR
Let me guess this is Brendan Eichs senegalese cousin

So you prove you are a Windows/Mac user and are too dumb to find documentation of an application you are using?

I like the native GTK scrollbars. They look really slick honestly.

No TabMixPlus. Firefox tab management is complete ass. Horrible memory usage too.

I have my fair share of linux experience. However, I don't know every line of about:config by heart because I don't have autism

According to that other retard, if you don't eat the shit mozilla shoves down your throat and ask for seconds, you're a jewish cuck.

You don't actually need those features do you? :^)

Also, this. Mozilla is a sick company. Not dying, not near death, but very, very ill. The day they ran Eich out on a rail should have been a massive wakeup call. The day they defended silently pushing marketing plugins (no matter how innocuous its functionality) to your browser without your prior consent should have been your cue to go elsewhere.

I respect that you like them, but I don't. I had the option to remove them. Now I don't. Not an upgrade.

Did you check the source code of everything you run? What's that, you didn't? And you're a hypocrite and currently drinking like 5 litres of semen?

Go away troll.

(you)

Why do you think you need to memorize it? You're implying you looked it up in the first place. If you did you would know how to use a search engine right now.

>Horrible memory usage too.
Quantums memory management was made for large tab base (100+) with lower amounts it uses signifincantly more RAM than Chrome but when you hit 100+ it gets lower and lower than Chrome.

So because I can read the documentation of the program I read I have autism. Makes sense. Clearly you have linux expierence though. That is why you don't even know how "installing software" is different in Linux than to Windows.

That is the first actual good post. If people say they don't like them (personally or because for example they want red scrollbars) that is perfectly fine and I won't argue against that. But saying because "I WANT MY BOTNET LEGACY EXTENSIONS" is just retarded.

Again. Go check how software is installed inside Linux.
I don't have to check my extension Source code anymore because I AM EXCLUSIVELY RUNNING WEBEXTENSIONS you autist.

You stated 5 times you just install random software and don't care about what it does. You are a typical Windows botnet user.

Thank you.

Just ignore him this guy is a troll. I tell him that Mozilla is documenting literally every step needed and he tells me "I don't know every about:config line beacuse I don't have autism".

Either this guy is master bait or literally mentally retarde.

First visiting this thread I thought people were joking but then I rememberd that those people non-ironically are installing random software and are running on Windows. And exactly those are the people that want "legacy extensions". Lets think why 99% of PCs inside Botnets are Windows ? Obviously this is just coincidence amirite?

>Again. Go check how software is installed inside Linux.

As binaries shipped from upstream via a package manager unless you're on a meme distro like Gentoo. What does that have to do with arbitrary code, again? You still didn't read all that code. We just gonna pretend that Heartbleed didn't exist?

>I don't have to check my extension Source code anymore because I AM EXCLUSIVELY RUNNING WEBEXTENSIONS you autist.

Congratulations, you could probably do all your day-to-day work on a Chromebook. Now how about the rest of the world who don't need locked-down, castrated shells of what they had before?

>inb4 waterfox
The problem is requiring a fork in the first place. Upwards of a decade with the prior plugin system, and aside from the occasional bit of retardation caused by users who don't watch what they click on, it was just fine. Also inb4 XUL, because XUL isn't the problem, Webextensions being neutered shells of their former selves is the problem.

>As binaries shipped from upstream via a package manager unless you're on a meme distro like Gentoo.

So let me recap. You think I am "checking" binaries provided to me instead of just sandboxing them like everything else right? And then tell me again why should I not trust signed binaries ? You are aware if those people do one wrong thing (look at Debian Chromium downloading a bin BLOG) they lose their keys forever? Certainly that is worth it though if you are an autistic faggot running on Windows not knowing what he is talking about amirite?

Oh my I don't know if this is all just bad bait or not. You are the typical "I tried Linux 10 minutes and think I know anything but still am on Windows" the mere fact you are now on Wiindows just proves you did not understand Unix any percent.

>Congratulations, you could probably do all your day-to-day work on a Chromebook.
Exactly I could and I can because a Chromebook is just a jailed Linux which you can easily get out of.

>Now how about the rest of the world who don't need locked-down, castrated shells of what they had before?

>Castrated shells

Right.. Do you even know how Unix works? I highly doubt it.

This from the guy who doesn't even use the word "botnet" correctly. The fact of the matter is most plugins were not malware in any way, this problem you screech about is way overblown, and most computer users are, at the end of the day, running software they did not personally audit.

While you're at it, tape over the knives, pull the knobs off the burners, and cover all the sharp corners in layers of bubble wrap, because in the real world, nobody would ever want to or need to directly manipulate something rather than going through some limited API.

>Not using Emacs to browse the web

Backdoor that has been used to install software on the user's computer without their consent.

>Email image...

>This from the guy who doesn't even use the word "botnet" correctly.
Considering that I literally have wrote my Masters about Botnets I think I know more about it than you.

>The fact of the matter is most plugins were not malware in any way,

And again you prove how dumb you are. Obviously only 0.1% of extensions are malware. Though if those 0.1% have 1% userbase (which accounts to more than 100 million users) it is an insane number.

>and most computer users are, at the end of the day, running software they did not personally audit.

Yes. Because most people run on Windows/Mac using Chrome.

>While you're at it, tape over the knives, pull the knobs off the burners, and cover all the sharp corners in layers of bubble wrap, because in the real world, nobody would ever want to or need to directly manipulate something rather than going through some limited API.

I don't have to. I just start my Linux machine which starts my Sandbox and everything gets executed inside it. Nothing (Processes, Namespaces, File Systems) is shared and I don't have to worry about anything.

Admittingly that was a really bad thing done by Mozilla although again people could optout of the studies at any point. Calling it backdoor though is wrong since it didn't even establish remote connections.

-t. academia cuck

>And again you prove how dumb you are. Obviously only 0.1% of extensions are malware.

>you're dumb, but I'll go on to explain with numbers how you're exactly correct

what even is this post

You do realize that computer software consists of more than a browser, right?

I really wish FF was faster but it's just not and by a lot so I'll stay on chromium for now.
Too bad unjewgle chromium is dead too

>Fuck he outed my argument again what should I the guy without any education nor understanding of software do?
>Exactly let's insult him with the most stupid insult I could ever come up with.

Congratulations on proving my point over and over and over again.

As I said it before: Windows/Mac users using Chrome/Waterfox etc. are the raeson I can write software once and then sit on my ass and make money.

>>You do realize that computer software consists of more than a browser, right?
You do realize that was a mere example? Obviously there is more, which in turn allows way more access for malware for Wincucks and Apfags.

>hurr hurr stupid insults
>wincucks

Well trolled my friend. I haven't seen anyone get hooked this bad in a long time.

>hurr durr I was only pretending to be retard for 2 hours.

At least you guys prove my point that Windows/Mac users are mentally handicapped and that they most likely are infected in some kind.

Considering that I'm literally Bill gates, I think I can call you an idiot.

Be that as it may, I'm not sure I like this trend of dumbing stuff down for them. Mistakes need to hurt, whether that mean identity theft or crypto mining or whatever. Nannyism always comes with user-hostility, and people who aren't brainlets get caught in the crossfire (or at least have to waste time dealing with it)

>Admittingly that was a really bad thing done by Mozilla
No that was an absolutely unforgivable action and anyone who takes their security even halfway serious will not allow any of their software to run on their computer.

>although again people could optout of the studies at any point.
That feature is so bad it shouldn't even exist. If it had a reason to exist then it should be opt in. This is unforgivable and a symptom of the ideological infiltration that has occurred in this organization. It is no longer a movement to create good software. It's a movement to well God knows what now.
>Calling it backdoor though is wrong
No quietly hiding a """feature"" in a program that allows it to download and install a program on a user's computer without their consent is wrong. Calling it a backdoor is a correct usage of the term and causes no software to download on any computer without their consent.

>since it didn't even establish remote connections.
How did it download the extension then? Straight up man how much are they paying you? These extensions were either bundled secretly in the original download or they were downloaded by the backdoor """feature""" of this software automatically. This is google tier bull shit. Congrats you made your browser as fast as Chrome. You also made it just as botnet as Chrome. I'll just use Chrome.

That's the other thing this mozilla cuck doesn't understand. Addons were the only differentiator between Firefox and Chrome. Now the only differentiation is an imperceptible speed difference, but worse everything else.

They shook off power users to chase a market that doesn't care about them, nor did they give them a reason to care.

Ask RMS how well selling software philosophy works. It doesn't. Nobody (for sufficiently small values of nobody) chooses their software based on its political status.

So what's the best browser? Preferably with side tabs feature, because i always have minimum 90 tabs open.

No Downthemall

I switched to Iridium. I haven't figured out how to get some videos to play in browser so I either use youtube-dl or wget to grab them and play them in mp4. There's probably an extension for that but I haven't went looking for one. This is the level of inconvenience I'm willing to go to in order to not use software with a known universal backdoor. Your decision will have to be made by you with your own unique preferences. I may end up reading the web in a text editor Stallman style at the rate things are going. Stallman was fucking right about too much.

Can I get one that doesn't unload my tabs

I keep my tabs up for a reason and I go to firefox instead of Chrome because they (originally) didn't do that shit

>They shook off power users to chase a market that doesn't care about them, nor did they give them a reason to care.

What, you mean that the stupid 5 second TV ad that explained absolutely nothing wasn't effective? What a shock!

Not who you were responding to, btw. Currently using Waterfox and Brave.

Waterfox

What do you mean unload your tabs? I had to install an extension to *make* it unload my tabs because I'm on memory-constrained shitboxes.

it's not a completely unload like Chrome but every time when I enter my tabs when my computer is going slow I have to wait minutes for it to load up again

and at times when it does it's never the complete page

Vivaldi comes with side tabs. You can disable the tab hibernation in the options of both chrome and vivaldi (which is a chromium fork anyway)

>firefox forces update
>no downthemall
>go to the various "not-firefox" browsers
>"please update firefox"

I just want to mass download shit with a click of a button is that so wrong?

>vivaldi (which is a chromium fork anyway)
If vivaldi is a fork of chromium then how come it is a fork? That doesn't add up.

fuck it im off to bed

tabmixplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73159#p73159

This is why we can't have nice things (in Firefox).

So you haven't tried Quantum?

Not him, but I have no reason to try it. It doesn't use all the add-ons that I want, so I main waterfox. When I don't want tinfoil settings, I use Brave. I see no reason to use Quantum, as it seems more configurable as brave, but not as configurable as waterfox.

fpwp

You Firefags deserve it for shitting on Opera users when their browser was getting gutted.

Opera

>Firefox ships with a way to modify the UI in the easiest way possible, live updates it and people complain about not being able to edit the UI.
Because with the switch to WebExtensions low-level editing of the UI is no longer possible. You cannot edit context menus, internal pages like the extensions list, the size of items, keyboard shortcuts, or anything else. All you can do is move some buttons on your address bar around, which is something Chrome can do.