Am I being discriminated against in tech job hiring in Canada because I'm white or am I just incompetent?

Am I being discriminated against in tech job hiring in Canada because I'm white or am I just incompetent?

Both.

Post some code you wrote, user.

both. but mostly because your are a fucking retard

Can you tell us some of your credentials and what job you're applying for?

>>Canada

Found the problem. Get out of that country before the mandatory sterilization campaigns against white males.

Regular CS degree and an assortment of entry level CS jobs.
I would like to go to America but that seems to be getting harder not easier.

You're from Canadia, you don't matter.

both probably

The latter.

Because you only posted one Raven picture

Did you have internships? I'm also in Canada and all the white boys I know got a way better job then me because I was retarded for not networking in university.

Let me guess, one of:
>non-target school
>no internship experience
>empty github portfolio outside of school projects

I do, but not amazing ones.

I'm guessing it's the networking deficit now that I think of it.

How did you end up getting one?

Kick a Jewish baby down a flight of stairs, you'll feel better!

if you're white and male you are absolutely discriminated against in tech jobs in vancouver/toronto, I don't even think it's a secret

the old white people are fine but the younger generation is getting fucked hard by diversity hires

I'm in Vancouver. What should I even do? Seattle doesn't seem to want me. I feel trapped here and don't know what to do.

You should probably join a recently started tech company... You will no problems in joining and you will have a high pay if the company expands really well, and if it doesn't, experience which you have earned is way valuable then money... Don't bail out just before the company end...

Ok, I'll shift to mainly startups.

I'm just angry that the government and country no longer cares about it's own people. I am ashamed to be Canadian

>When you are promoting diversity but end up discriminating against another group which completely defeats the purpose of your cause
lol

Probably both.
Here's a hint, and how I got my job:
If you went to a non-elite university like I did to get your (accredited) CS degree, what you want to do is bypass the resume HR filter step and go straight to online code challenges.

Most companies who perform traditional hiring (online resume database) just push all of the resumes through a filter and chuck out anything that doesn't meet HR buzzword requirements, such as "below 3.5 GPA"

However, if you can prove you can program your way out of a paper bag before meeting or talking to ANYONE, then that's an extremely long way towards getting your first real interview.

Some services that I know that do this are Uncubed, HireVue, and triplebyte (never tried this one)

Obviously you also have more mainstream avenues, such as hackerrank.

>hongcouver
I mean is it not obvious, you need to get out of there

vancouver wages are awful and its expensive as fuck, plus chinese straight up only hire chinese. same for indians, you should hear how they talk about whites behind your back

Aren't most of those US only though?

But where, how?

I'm applying in the states but nobody wants to sponsor me.

Keep in mind that startups have significantly higher expectations from you. Yes, the quality of experience you can get from a startup is quite high compared to a regular company, but they also don't have any plans for training you.

Make damn sure you get paid, too. Startups aren't afraid to fuck you over.

Why does it matter?

I'm not in the US, isn't it hard to get a visa

yea dont bother you wont get sponsored to the us unless youre phd or already experienced

waste of time

if you want to work in the us you need to do grad school there first

you need to look for work in toronto or the waterloo area, or in other countries like singapore, germany, etc

I have a lot of H1B coworkers so I'm vaguely more familiar with this.
The trick with the visa program is that it's a lottery, and the difficulty of the lottery is based on the number of immigrants coming from your originating country.

For example, it is EXTREMELY difficult for an Indian to get an H1B visa (1/4 odds for a masters degree) compared to someone from say, Iceland.
Because we don't get immigrants from Iceland--ignoring the implicit US-EU relationship of making immigration difficult to mitigate brain drain.

So the general rules we know of:
The more people immigrating from your country, the harder it is.
The higher your level of education, the better your chances. You are Canadian, so odds are your CS degree will be accepted here.

Do they hire out of UBC though?

I have no idea how to get foreign jobs, I'm nearing the end of my rope and starting to go crazy.

I just want to work ;_;

>reddit spacing
nice use of 5 lines you got there

what, toronto? waterloo? yea just start applying. way more jobs than vancouver

internationally less so for recognition but its worth trying theres plenty of work out there

Where do I go to find international jobs?

I actually have a startup idea of my own, I'm thinking of giving that a try first. How is running a startup seen by recruiters?

>Canadian
>White
Pick one. First Nations own this land you murdering pig.

I actually am 1/16 native funnily enough. But not native enough for gibs and quotas (I think)

google jobs in the city youre looking at then go to glassdoor and other sites like that to get company listings then start applying, the bigger the better since they're more used to sponsoring

you can also apply for a working vacation visa in several countries that will give you a few years sponsor free work

start in toronto/waterloo though, theres like 100x more jobs than in bc and you dont need to get sponsored