There are people on Sup Forums who haven't seen this

>there are people on Sup Forums who haven't seen this
also, favorite song?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo8CmwIKiDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maaaaaan, I got my own damn rent to worry about

Literally one of the worst goddamned musicals I've ever had the displeasure of having to experience. It's fucking garbage.

B-but how do you measure the life of a woman or a man?

AIDS!

favorite songs are Will I? and Seasons of Love

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
BARGING IN ON ME AND MY GUITAR

Taste in musical theatre, probably.

I used to love Rent in my musical theatre days. Even though I'm not into musical theatre anymore I now realize there are many musicals much better than Rent.

I still like a few songs. I'll Cover You, Without You, Will I? are all good. I really like Christmas Bells too. Its a really good medley.

Seasons of Love is stuck in my head from time to time.

Also, I played piano for a production of this, AMA

rent is the absolute WORST musical i've ever seen

You know nothing about it's history or music theory then

LITTLE GURL, HEY? THE DEWR IS THAT WAY

this.
Lion King was amazing though, despite being for children.

Lion King is a puppet show. It's visually nice, I guess, but it's just an optical roller coaster ride. Nowhere near worth the money they charge.

Eh, that's fair. I still liked their use of cheap stage tricks (e.g. the puddle/blanket thingy "drying up")

Yeah, it's an entertaining show. I'm just bitter that it's so expensive.

Light My Candle is the only one I like, very lovely.

Eh, what are ya gonna do

I hate all the songs, but that's because I had a room mate a couple years ago who liked to belt them at 3am. He was also flat

I like seasons of love and the rockish ones (rent, what you own...there might be one more, idk) but overall the musical is kind of garbage. You have boring, overlong songs like La vie boheme and over the moon which go nowhere and make me want to claw my ears off, and the way the movie handles 90s queer issues leaves a lot to be desired.

I love Jesse L Martin tho.

As someone who is a drama teacher, I believe I can say that, with this being a musical, the music and story are most likely very derivative and I've probably already seen it without ever actually having seen it.

Me too, but I like la vie boheme. It had a lot of power in its lyrics.

So you haven't actually seen rent and your a drama teacher?

You're absolutely right

I teach acting, not musical theatre.
I have been in a few musicals though, and I begun to hate them very quickly.

Eh, to each her own

Also, in my country, there isn't much of a musical theatre scene like in New York or London, so professional productions of major musicals are very few, usually touring, and astronomically expensive.

Jesus Christ, it doesn't even matter if you like it or not, every theatre person has to see rent at some point in there life, it's one of the biggest performances out there. Not even being rude, your going to be a laughing stock as a drama professor if you haven't seen this, so when you can: m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo8CmwIKiDw
I bet you haven't seen into the woods either.

Actually, I'll admit, no I haven't.

I appreciate your efforts to educate me user, but that shit just doesn't interest me. Musicals are just so fucking ridiculous, in my opinion.

Also, I teach six year olds, so I doubt they'll be laughing at me. ;)

Well that's your loss then. I don't even like musicals, and I didn't like rent until I got the whole history behind it. Fun times. Anyway, each to his own I guess.

This has to be the nicest, most understanding board on this site.

Naw, just us theatre kids