How do we stop the avant-teens Sup Forums? it was 4.11 yesterday

How do we stop the avant-teens Sup Forums? it was 4.11 yesterday

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/chnu2vhb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*pic of 4.11*

how do we stop the plebeian hypebeasts Sup Forums?

It does NOT deserve 4.11.

It will rest at 3.85-4 where it belongs.

You're upset that people older than you with better taste don't like your boring pop record?

Radiohead is boring

I want to just say that "chamber/art-pop/psych-folk" is a cool as fuck genre. it makes me want to create songs in that genre....

Explain how it was boring? I thought it was very interesting, a very restrained Radiohead managing to make one of their most emotional albums yet, and some of the songs had moments that bought bursts of energy to the album well.

good luck it's a expensive genre

Poor man's poor man's POOR man's Laughing Stock.

That album is so bad, it's a laughing stock.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha!

People don't understand radiohead. They came along whe mainstream country was on its last legs. Thom yorke johnny greenwood

What does this even mean nigga

its not that good on repeated listens
each track just lingers on for me and makes me wanna skip it

If you're the type of person to romance about one's insecurities and anxieties then maybe this album is for you
But for us folks who like to handle life's issues like a big boy. you can see thru this shadow of clouds of fake bliss
4/10

You'll understand when you're older

How long till it goes bold, Sup Forums? Someone tell RYM admins to hurry up

your favourite band is aldean jason

It's literally their best work since Kid A you dumb weeaboo.

It's seriously such a low energy album. And they put all that energy into the opener track. What the fuck were they thinking?

Money will never be an obstacle for someone who's truly passionate about what they're doing.
Go ahead and make some then. It won't be easy or quick but if you actually take the time you'll end up having created something beautiful most likely. And no matter how hard and frustrating it gets, it will always pay off.
The feeling you get when you bust your ass creating a song and get it to actually sound stellar and just the way you want is like none other in the world.

Will rest in the low 3.9s. I've realised it's impossible for an album in the '10s to ever get near or above 4+ purely based on its sonic quality. People are too picky; it must have some other quality external to the music. With TPAB it was how it tied into contemporary politics, racial tension, crony capitalism, etc. With Blackstar it was the timely nature of Bowie's death.

>Money will never be an obstacle for someone who's truly passionate about what they're doing.
Underage b&

The amount of money needed now a days for creation of decent music is really minimal and really easily gatherable. If you're determined in doing what you want to do you'll get around to the money.

I don't understand your passive-aggressive posting, are you bitter because you don't have the will power to work toward your dreams?

>decent
thats the point we are oversaturated with nothing by decent records that are forgettable by the time you finish the first listen
If you wanna make well quality music you need to get funds.
I'm being honest and real if you think otherwise pls show me an example of your music to prove me wrong

>the amount needed to make chamber folk is minimal
No

not that other guy but it really depends how you want to go about it. it wouldn't make sense for a "novice" to spend thousands for expensive equipment, it would make much more sense to spend time playing/writing/playing with other people/playing live/making demos to "get better" at the actual craft and find your sound.

something professionally produced would ideally come after these ideas have been more or less hammered out/condensed. to make "art" or music in general has a very low level of entry. there's plenty of horrible and yet "well produced" albums. make good art within your means, and maybe if its good enough those means will be elevated in time

Clearly we're discussing different goals and destinations here. I agree with your point that making something that stands out and will achieve praise and large-scale success will require lots of funding.
However, like the person posting I assume they want to make something cool for themselves, a personal record. Equipment needed to get to start is cheaper than ever.

clyp.it/chnu2vhb
Since you asked for something of mine, here's my latest track. This most likely won't prove you wrong and I'm nowhere near mastering the mixing/mastering process but improving as I move forward on this project

nah you guys are right I assumed he was aspiring to reach the RH level.
For fun/personal use it doesn't matter
I apologize if i came off as rude

That's why i don't take any rate on rym seriously. The album came out today and immediately there's people rating after listening to it once or twice.
What a bunch of fucktards.

I'm hearing guitar like ondes martenot, break-style drums and a bit of "the rip"-Portishead

Interested comparison to the onder martenot, I was aiming for an E-Bow kind of sound without an actual E-Bow since I can't afford one yet. The drumming was definitely break-style influenced. What did you think of the song other than that?

I think the steadier drums can work just as well as the "busy"/"constantly shifting" patterns.

the rhythm at 0:30 is a good example, solid backing, maybe a simple ride cymbal in there.

overall I think could use more obvious "buildup", starting from a less developed place then adding more as it goes along.

in terms of chords, they are nice sounding, but without a very distinct melody, as a "song" it is somewhat difficult to evaluate

Thanks for the feedback. It's missing vocal tracks, since my throat is absolutely fucked up by allergies. I'll take the build-up thing in consideration, but for now I have to disagree though, my vision for it was indeed to just "happen" instead of "build up" to something if that makes any sense. The added vocal tracks and lyrics will make that more clear, which is obviously harder to grasp with them missing for now.

But yeah, thank you for the feedback. Appreciate it.