What does /mu think of The Bends? I think Planet Telex in particular is GOAT desu

what does /mu think of The Bends? I think Planet Telex in particular is GOAT desu

9/10 album, most radiohead fans on Sup Forums haven't heard it which is weird since it is the best place to start in their discog.

It's fun and not pretentious at all, unlike most radiopleb albums that avant teens praise in this fucking board. 7/10

It's complete wank compared to their 21st century catalog.

logical conclusion of 90s rock

their best alt rock album

Try again

>denying fake plastic trees, just and planet telex are amazing

>most radiohead fans on Sup Forums haven't heard it

Don't pull facts out of your ass

Only really like Planet Telex, the title track and Just. They sounded good as a "loud" band and this is the only album and the only tracks where they ever got loud, besides the National Anthem I guess. A lot of the slowburners on this one are borderline cringe inducing, especially Fake Plastic Trees. It's weird they would go on to be a band who produced their best work at mid-tempo with washedout guitars and strings. For most bands that's where they go to get old and fade away but Radiohead were actually better that way.

I amn't, there have been numerous ranking threads and rankings in the sticky the last few days and at least half of the responses left out pablo honey and the bends. I only remember cause it pisses me off that they wouldn't

It's a great album and really underrated around here. Yeah Planet Telex is 10/10

It's a 10/10

Every song is great apart from sulk which is still good

Probably because those are considered the early 'britpop' albums. I just always assume that Pablo Honey will be at the bottom and The Bends just above it by default on any sane Radiohead ranking. Not that either of them are bad albums.

Here I'll repost this:

It's such college Freshman brit pop and I can't even make it through without feeling like a milksop

The Bends definitely isn't britpop, Pablo Honey follows the direction of a more mainstream sound while Bends highlighted some experimentation on the part of Radiohead.

that's Ok Computer. The Bends is just foreshadowing.

The Bends is up there with their best albums.

I've relistened it recently and it's not that good that I remembered it to be. The only songs I liked were Planet Telex, Fake Plastic Trees, Bullet Proof and Street Spirit

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that Just is the song that convinced me to listen to them. Overall that album ended up being very disappointing when I listened to it in full, so I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the rest of their discography. It's weird, the first few tracks on OK Computer prove they can be a great rock band when they want to be, but they ended up not releasing a completely great album until the electronic era.

Boyyyyyyyyyy if you don't