/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Mobile World Congress 2018 starts February 26th

Recent News:
>Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro
gizchina.com/2018/02/14/redmi-note-5-pro-note-5-launched-specs-prices-and-related-info/
>LG to introduce Vision AI with refreshed V30 at MWC 2018
gsmarena.com/lg_introduce_vision_ai_refreshed_v30_mwc_2018-news-29597.php
>Leak reveals Android 8.1-powered Sony Xperia XZ2 Pro with 18:9 display
gsmarena.com/leak_reveals_android_81powered_sony_xperia_xz2_pro_with_189_display-news-29592.php

Slow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zWchTeps
threatpost.com/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-a-blu-phone-infection/128390/
wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Android/#Video_playback_interface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is the Oneplus 2 performance and screen? Just ordered one for 90 Euro's

Screen is good
Battery is terrible. Replace the battery and ROM if you can.

I might be able to do that

I will install AOSP extended on it as I'm using it on my Moto X Pure

Want Kirino to be my valentine...

IP68 phone vs IP68 hard case for regular phone?

I have a RMN3 Pro, and soft case dicapac, but it is not convenient, plus photos are kinda crap, since the material is soft its not perfectly flat and in line with the lens, and gets slightly steamy/foggy inside too.

Considered RMN5 Pro, and Ulefone Armor 2 (IP68 phone) (but I like 5.5 form factor better).

Dont care about toughness so much as the water resistance.

Should i buy Xiaomi mi A1 or should i wait for the Xiaomi Note 5 pro to come to my country? Ofc if the note 5 pro is not that much more expensive then the A1??

I want Kirino!

When is the redmi note 5 is coming?

Is there huge sales for redmi note 4 now?

An IP68 case is sketchy. Basically, the battery will still be exposed through some crack somewhere.

idk, you do you. Both will probably be good.

Nobody knows yet, but soon-ish probably.

Not really.

New phone suggestions please.

UK, using Virgin (think that uses O2)

Currently have a Moto G4 Play, hate it. Had a Moto G before, loved it. Never spend a lot on phones but realistically budget of £200, more if I think it's worth it. Only use it for Sup Forums, FB, Google Maps and podcasts in car. Don't really care about cameras. Use AliExpress all the time so Xiaomi is fine with me.

They use EE. Get a Mi A1.

Anons with Xperia XZ1 Compact (or any Sony phone), is this review accurate? I'm considering one, but this review from engadget put me off of it somewhat

pastebin.com/zWchTeps

i want to FUG kirino

It goes on sale on the 22nd in India

Looking at pic related. It's $150 for
>5.5" 1080p screen
>3GB RAM
>32GB ROM
>MicroSD slot
>5,000 mAh battery
>4G LTE capable
>Mediatek octo-core 1.3ghz.
>2.4/5ghz band WiFi.
Simply looking for a reliable device for standard browsing, pictures, and general use. I don't care about ROMs, or gaming. I already checked some reviews. It works great with T-Mobile

cpu is shit, 5000 mah means it will be heavy and has low star rating so i would avoid it. for 150$ you can get huawei honor 6x imho amazing phone

>BLU
threatpost.com/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-a-blu-phone-infection/128390/

Is the Galaxy S6 a valid smartphone in 2015+3? I was using an S3 until now. I heard the battery is shit on S6 but apparently you can fit an S7 edge battery into it.

I switched to an S6 from Nexus 5 in 2016 and have been regretting it ever since.

CPU is mediocre I know and I don't care about weight of the phone. I'm a big guy
But this is the nail in the coffin. Fucking bullshit chink phones. Always so good on paper but there's always a catch.

How about the LG G Stylo 3 Plus? $225 at the T-Mobile store by me.

Just get the Honor 7X for $199

Aren't companies like Huawei and Honor chink brands too? Like in the same boat as BLU with?

Nah, BLU is the worst of the worst

Huh. Had no idea.

Ok last try before I just give up and buy something off the shelf at the T-Mobile store. Pic related. The absolute most I'm willing to spend on a new phone. I was trying to keep the entire cost of phone + screen protector/phone case under $350 for everything, but if the phone is worth it, I'll spend up to $350 just on the device. Yay or nay?

Good OP image for valentine's

Nay, $349 is way too much for that model, it usually goes for under $300. Moto Z2 Play is currently on offer for $349 which is a much better buy at that price.

I want to have Kirino as my sister so I could blow balls deep in her.

Looking for Linux app that would allow me to control video recording on Android phone (no root) - or at least just show me preview (not use phone as external camera) of what camera is currently seeing.

Get a Lenovo P2, same battery size, 1080p amoled, snapdragon 625, custom roms available and it's about 200 but much better

Which one should I get: Mi A1 or Honor 7X?

I really need a new smartphone since the vibration motor of my old one (Samshit a5 2016) doesn't work anymore.

Should i wait for the Redmi 5 pro or buy an Mi A1?

What's wrong with the P2? Why is it offering so much for so cheap? Amazon shows it with a 3 star rating. Is it botnet? Cheap as fuck construction?

Should I be worried?
I was planning to get Mate 10.

Nothing Wrong, camera is only mediocre thought

Is honorbuy good place to buy redmi note 4? They seem to have EU warehouse.

Oneplus 2 vs Xperia XZ? I don't play games and the 2 has 4gb ddr4 ram vs 3gb ddr4 in the XZ along with stock android

Nexus 5 is so damn good. I wonder how many more years I can keep using it without feeling the need to replace it.

Everyone's talking about Kirino. I'm here to thank OP, have a nice valentines OP

She's 14

Flashed DStrikerZ1 Kai Rom on my Z1 Compact. Fucking fast, debloated. 1080p@60fps and 4k recording and Xperia XZ theme on Android 5.1.1

This is god tier

>Mate 10
M8 X sounds (and looks) better

Can anyone recommend a simple note app that has a widget which just shows all entries? Every one I've tried thus far either wanted to register an account, or only have widgets for single entries or days.

It's annoying as fuck.

And?

bump

For someone with an s8, how fo i get this fucking phone to make the home screen and lock screen wallpaper the same? I'm trying to zoom it properly to get the right look and place for it but wtf this piece of shit does not give the option to mirror it so i have to manually do it for both and it doesn't look exactly the same. Someone know if theres a way or do i need to do something more.

Adler note seems to be doing what I want, sort of. I just need to make the widget fuckhueg in order to have more than one note show. It's a real waste of space, but what can you do?

Cant decide betwenn OnePlus 5T and Xiaomi Mi Mix2, any recommendations?

I currently have the Xiaomi Redmi Note3pro and am interested in upgrading - Note 5 Pro that was just announced is looking good, but do we know if it works on America carriers yet? I can only find specs and price.

What's the opinion on the Huawei P8 Lite 2017?

Alternatives?

Your point? Everyone on Sup Forums are little anime girls anyway, so it'd be more like consensual Yuri than anything.

Is used pixel 1 the best I can get under 300 dollars?

Does anyone know where I can find a modded Pandora apk that removes the ads and maybe adds other features? I looked on apk4free but comments said it was malicious.

If anything, this confirm that american phones have backdoors, you SHOULD be getting a chink phone.

So was Juliet.

OnePlus 3 has the speakers in a nice location, but it sounds like dogshit.

Is there a media player for android that support playback speed control?
I have some videos of that I'd like to watch at 1.5X or 2.0X

How's Honor 6A?
Looking for cheapish phone for my mother for her birthday, it's currently about 130 dollars

Oneplus 2 vs Sony Xperia XZ?

mommy?

important
>good battery
>cheap
optional
>good camera
>small size

So far Xiaomi Redmis seem to fulfil this the best, but I am not sure which model exactly. What do you suggest and why?

newpipe does this for youtube videos.
VLC does it for local video

>VLC does it for local video
It does? I always use MXplayer.
Anything else?
>newpipe
based schabi

wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Android/#Video_playback_interface

Show Box is cool, why doesn't it have a Desktop app though?

>recommending VLC

It have the feature he asked for, it is free software, why wouldn't I recommend it?

What is the best free replacements for music player, clock and camera?

I use vanilla music, it is pretty good.
I use the stock clock and camera, never really cared about those things.

I like Vinyl Music Player

Who still /nexus/ here?
Nexus 5 i still going strong for 3 years and doesnt seem to be dying anywhere soon after battery replacement

I love her so much

how to get a new blackberry passport below 100 eurobucks ?

>country
>us
>carrier
>tmobile sim card no contract
>features
>what ever is the best i can get for my buck aka im poor right now
>budget
>150$
>size
>what ever you think is the best please list multiples if you can

What does Sup Forums use to block ads?
I've read up a little bit on Adhell2 and it seems ok. What do you guys think?

Adaway

Firefox + uBlock Origin

>he doesn't have a tall boi 18:9 phone in 2018
Lol phonelets

Doesn't seem to work without rooting.

This only blocks ads in your browser though, right? What if i'd like to block ads all throughout the phones applications?

DNS66 doesn't require root. It does add a VPN icon in your notifications but oh well.

>user gets ignored
i dont really know many phones user, but you can just go ahead and get xioami or some shit.

if you look at the thread many anons are ignored

Redmi 4X

save $50 more and get a Honor 7X for $199. If you cannot go above $150 then Moto E4 Plus.

Yeah I had the same thought. Maybe a Redmi Note 4 since it's more powerful, but also bigger.
Are there phones of other brands that you could recommend as an alternative?

Which is the most stable custom rom I can get for redmi note 4? And is xiaomitool good way to install roms?

Just got my 4x in the mail finally. What rom do I need to use to get rid of Chinese backdoors? First chinkphone. It's the global version

I am thinking about buying one too. What's your impression of it? Can you do an antutu benchmark and post the score?

Android newfag who just installed LineageOS. Is it Possible to replace this hideous phone screen that puts an icon image covering the entire screen?

Maybe an app or something.

Currently downloading oreo for my just-arrived OP5T. What am I in for?

I didn't notice anything different when I installed Oreo other than the notification bar having more columns for the icons compared to Nougat. Other people were complaining about quick settings being different but that didn't really bother me. Complaints about extremely high battery drain as well but I haven't run into that.

I'm a light-user so it's hard for me to notice anything different unless I constantly used the feature.

Me Works perfectly fine, even with the stock battery. The only thing that had to be replaced is outdated Android 6.0.

>follows some simple instructions to install a custom rom
>can't change his home screen since he has to figure out by himself how to do so

This implies homosexuality isn't found in nature, and isn't "natural." This has been proven false time and time again.
Homosexuality exists in many other animals.

I changed my home.screen, launcher, and default phone, even used root peivilages to try uninstalling the atock phone app to remove the default phone screen (it worked but was wonky so restored backup).

I am wondering if there is an alternative phone call UI because all I'm seeing are apps for dialing and contacts list that all just direct to stock phone app for calls.

LG G6 for 220$ yay nor nay?