So Sup Forums have you learn rust yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't even know how to program

I read until traits and gave up. Im not a kernel dev anyway nor do I intend to write any drivers.

Nim is pretty comfy for me.

Used it for various side projects, lasted around two months.
Made me start using Ruby again.

I skipped traits and started writing apps, I've only picked up traits when I come to a point where I would need to write a lot of similar code, then started grokking on traits and use it. Then picked up macros for parts where I need to write a lof of similar code and traits is not possible, either.

>generics too hard

can you give me an example when macros do but traits can't?

no

Never even heard of this language.

>worse syntax than c++ templates
Um no sweetie

it's pretty comfy, error handling is nice once you're used to it, no exceptions out of nowhere or err != nil

Yep, but I'm not in the Rust mindset. The borrow checker is too much of a pain in the ass.

have you learn english yet

Was trying to reply but got 403 error, why is that?

No english, me non-native speak. ty

I'm not into meme langs, thanks anyway.

thanks that makes sense
no idea why Sup Forums wouldn't let you post this, maybe the SQL query?

>those haskell-tier meme docs
Ewww.

Why should I?

javascript and C# are ok for me

nah mate I'm learning Pony.

Yes. Have no application for it though. The only complex things I wrote with it were an archive program and an interpreter (which I haven't finished yet)

Rust code monkeys don't program kernels or drivers either.
Rust is just a way for webshits to pretend they're doing system programming.

>learning an useless meme language
You might as well learn D.

Why should we? For all the propaganda about "muh memory safety", you can trigger a memory fault in less than 10 lines:
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537

DELETE THIS

As someone who's skimmed the book but hasn't bothered actually learning the language, wouldn't the better way to do that match statement be to match on bar(foo), thereby causing the compiler to catch the borrowing error and alerting you to change to bar(&foo), fixing it?

Yeah, but Rustfags always promise us: memory errors are impossible.
The point is, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to avoid them.

ofc it would be better to write it that way, but 99% if bugs in C would be prevented if the code was written in the "correct" way. Rust settled on preventing the bad way to exist and failed on this not-really-an-edge-case