/mpv/ - the directshow and madvr destroyer

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haasn/libplacebo/branches
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
youtube.com/watch?v=OTVF8zFIyyQ
notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-845-powered-Surface-Phone-could-arrive-by-the-end-of-June.282950.0.html
omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/02/ubuntu-data-collection-opt-out
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5505
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

speaking of castles, why nobody lives in them anymore? Surely there are people who can afford

>github.com/haasn/libplacebo/branches
Any roadmap for libplacebo 0.3?

madMpc when?

I've been there!

does it play hdr?

Perfectly!

Let me know when your """superior""" player has this instead of fetching the first file.

There are much better software for this!

What GUI are you endorsing Sup Forums? mpv is finally going to give some credit to one of the many GUI versions out there. Note: it's not about making a new GUI from scratch but just choosing one already in development. For me MPC-Qt deserves at least a bit of attention, it has all features of MPC-HC and even more, it's already better than VLC (not like it's anything special but, still worth noting).

>inb4 autistic screeching
The GUI will not be mandatory according to the issue opened on github, there're too many dead and/or buggy GUI projects, the devs would support whichever GUI people like the most and makes no sense to go against this since it's supposed to not affect mpv's core development.

How hard would it be to make mpv's title bar use Microsoft's acrylic on windows? Wondering because Akemi just made them look transparent on OSX. It'd probably need it to be UWP though which might be a big problem...

stop spamming.

that's awesome, I never realized I needed any subtitles except for the language I wanted.

And which Polish subtitle do I pick? The one with all lowercase characters or capitalized???
So many choices that something automatized like, I dunno, a simple python script like subliminal can choose for me.

What would the best settings for an R9 380 be, as I do not know what the fuck i need to do.

Circle lenses? is that what you're pointing out?
That's pretty common, cosplayers often use circle lenses.

This is a sanatorium for the autists.

Haasn is my new German favorite person, the previous one was Einstein.

Owning a humongous house or a castle sounds like the best thing ever until you end up paying a million fucking dollars a year to keep it warm

Is there any reason to use MPV over something like VLC? I can't figure out how to create and save playlists in MPV and I get the feeling it involves some kind of autism

or until you're all alone at 3 am and want to get up to make a sandwich and have to fight off random demons and ghosts that live in there

That sounds kinda cool actually

What is this place? Castle wolfenstein?

>1800s
that isnt a "real" castle though, it was just some dudes architectural folly

No love for madshi?

>Not knowing the Neuschwanstein Castle.

No, it's not possible to love him.

Maybe if he creates and shares a better and faster than SVP algorithm before haasn.

One day I will build a castle of my own
You'll see

With Lego?

No you cuck. A huge castle of hewn stone. And you can't come visit, ever

is haasn a Muslim?

Is there any way to open mpv maximized?

Devil's Pie.

When will libass get to at least the standard of xysubfilter? And even then xysubfilter is shit and causes crashes with heavy gradients and the most recent madvr.

Is there a proper way to downmix files to 2.0? I just came across a file which gives me weird clicking sounds. Fist to have done so. Doesn't do anything in MPC. It's a six channel FLAC video file. So far, all I've been using is this:
audio-channels=2.0

audio-normalize-downmix=yes fixes this but then the source becomes much more quieter.

No idea what happened, but I compile mpv on a daily basis and performance went up 4% (74fps->77fps) just like that, today. Wonder what ffmpeg/mpv commit was responsible for it.

... or I can press 'b' and it will automatically fetch the correct one for me and load it. W E W.
mpv is a media player. How one expands it is up to them.

Why not every day?

Redpill me on tscale filters. I'm using mitchell and it's surprisingly good. What are good alternatives?

>2018
>haasn is developing libplacebo
>haasn is contributing to vlc

>hewn stone
so, sand?

better video renderer

I find Mitchell to be blurry as fuck. Try oversample and catmull_rom.

When is haasn making his haasnterpolation?

spoonfeed a brainlet, what are the best madVR settings for GTX970?

>Be me, a dumb Windows-using baby and a weeb
>Switch from MPC-HC to mpv
>Don't understand anything about configuring, scripts, or anything else and just download an mpv.conf from Github
>things go okay for a few months just playing stuff and running update.bat on occasion
>youtube-dl doesn't work today for some reason and I can't drag files into an open mpv exe anymore
>try running update.bat again
>see this

wat do?

do youtube-dl -u or just download a more up to date youtube-dl from their site

It's youtube-dl -U

no

Like I said, I'm a dumb baby, I don't know where to type that, and searching it didn't help.

It doesn't matter though, because I still can't get it to work even just downloading the .exe with a browser. Is there some site where I can get a retard-tier tutorial on how to fix and configure this in Windows?

Not your tech support. Just RTFM.

ok

I tried that, but it seems to assume that I already know how to do some (probably basic) stuff and I can't figure it out. Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks anyway.

sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
update manually from here and see if you can use youtube-dl, although it shouldn't have stopped working if you didn't do anything other than run the update.bat once in a while.

if you have an up to date mpv and youtube-dl try playing a video without your config file. if you messed something up, like a faulty ytdl-format setting, it can stop youtube videos from playing.
also you should run mpv from the command line or add log-file=log.txt so you can see if there's any errors.

Okay, when I run it with the regular .conf I grabbed off of github, it does pic related, plays the stream, but it's laggy and doesn't have audio. When I run it without a .conf, it plays the stream, but there's artifacts everywhere, the picture looks generally terrible and the log says this:

D:\mpv>mpv "youtube.com/watch?v=OTVF8zFIyyQ"
Playing: youtube.com/watch?v=OTVF8zFIyyQ
(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (vp9 1920x1080 23.976fps)
(+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (*) 'DASH audio' (opus 2ch 48000Hz) (external)
AO: [wasapi] 48000Hz stereo 2ch float
VO: [gpu] 1920x1080 yuv420p
AV: 00:01:16 / 00:30:14 (4%) A-V: 0.000 Cache: 107s+17MB
[ffmpeg] https: Will reconnect at 4669408 in 0 second(s), error=End of file.
[ffmpeg] https: Will reconnect at 30326560 in 0 second(s), error=End of file.

Exiting... (Quit)

Any advice?

Ask him in IRC.

Which formats of 3D Lut does mpv support? Only icm?

Why is it taking so long to load videos from youtube now? Haven't updated in a while, but now that I have, both youtube-dl and mpv, it takes about a full minute or two just to load any video from youtube, yet sites like twitch load fast.

>mpv d3d11 = unstable
>mpv vulkan = crash
>mpv opengl = slow, really slow
>madvr = d3d9 but stable and fast

>notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-845-powered-Surface-Phone-could-arrive-by-the-end-of-June.282950.0.html
Mpv on Surface Phones when?

>omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/02/ubuntu-data-collection-opt-out
Data collection in mpv when? Writing github issues manually on 2018 is deprecated. :)

Why not something like in gimp (pic related)?

Sourceforge updated their server config during their downtime yesterday to force TLS 1.2. Powershell uses TLS 1.0 by default so you'll have to add a line or two to fix that.

Thanks, didn't know that. I added [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol =
[Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 to the updater.ps1 and it's working again now.

Will muh 23.976 animuh be better at 144hz than at 60hz with interpolation?

What's the correct one you turbo autist?

>interpolation
>ever
But yes, 144hz is a multiple of 24hz and 23.976hz is usually played back at 24hz.

Show me your configs, especially your OSD settings

I meant mpv's interpolation (tscale). Not motion interpolation. And by the way, can mpv's interpolation be applied to the video even if the frame rate and the refresh rate are multiples? Would this help at all?

It could help but it destroys quality, the best is to change your display framerate (there are .lua scripts to do this automatically) and use video-sync=display-resample to correct small mismatches.

For bitstreaming, you have to custom your display resolutions with appropriated video files, it's kinda long but it's the best way to achieve perfect playback. :(

Motion interpolation is a cancer, haasn is trying to attract anime retards with his patreon profile but hopefully it failed.
Now he is working on his libplacebo project and doesn't try to create atrocious and useless algorithms.

What kind of shit hardware do you have? d3d11, vulkan, and opengl all work great for me on windows. Vulkan being the best.

Did you compare with madvr? Probably not...

I've used madvr and it seemed about the same except mpv used less resources. mpv was stable and fast for me. How exactly did you compare the 2?

audio-channels=2
af=dynaudnorm

How do I make playlists in MPV

Search here :
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

I like how the focus is on the water and not the castle. Is this is an art photo?

madshi posting trying to stop haasnterpolation

Sounds weird...

I am not him, just a sane person.

SMPlayer is probably the best Linux video player available. MPC-Qt is very unpolished, and I suspect it's only appealing to nostaligic MPC users.

What's wrong with deepin-movie?

chinese botnet

>racism
>2018

pls respond

This still gives me clipping. Think I'll stick with the normalizing and get a DAC/Amp later down the road.

Can mpv make use of .icm profiles with icc-profile-auto?
I'm using the DisplayCAL Profile Loader.

not an argument

It will use it if it's set as your default icc profile in your system. You can set path to desired icc profile in mpv too.

Anyone knows how to switch interface mode in MPC-Qt from Compact back to Normal? I can't undo it from right-click menu.

It just fixed in git master recently
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5505

loudnorm is working for me again also new bind to toggle hwdec ctrl+h

SMplayer is real bad: ugly and clunky

>igv gave up, madshi's ngu is supreme
>haasn left the mpv team to create his lib
>haasnmotioninterpolation is a lie
>wm4 is not as active as before
>rossy said he is a retard
>new mpv repo maestro is an android retard
>foss is over

Let's hope that never happens.