wireframe.cc/
discord.gg/wdg
freeformatter.com/credit-card-number-generator-validator.html
blog.khophi.co/extending-django-user-model-userprofile-like-a-pro/
laravel.com/docs/5.6/deployment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Takes framework.

takes.org/

What do if lots of time (no friends) after work, but too tired to work on personal projects?

Masturbate

I'm working on my own Chan lads. What do you guys want to see in it?

Get a girlfriend, spend the evenings chilling with her.

GET FUCKED JQUERY

>I'm working on my own Chan lads
but why though

Has the Fetch API made AJAX completely redundant in 2018, /wdg/?

It's the year 2007

I bet the lad is thinking of using frames too

no

there are hundreds of thousands of apps that still use AJAX

ignoring compatability for outdated shit browsers
is "filter: drop-shadow()" fine to use or are there performance concerns compared to box-shadow ?
anyone got an idea?

every thread someone
>What do you guys want to see in it?
include what you would like, not what others want, or the project will become a chore pretty quickly.

So it's gonna become another COBOL / jQuery / PHP situation where the only time you encounter it in work is in code written decades ago?

hmmst

I need to find some more YouTube people who upload interesting content already. I'm already subscribed to Coding Train. Any other channels /wdg/?

ive given up on personal projects after work, now I just try to exercise or cook a meal. At least it is productive.

make a web app related to cooking/exercising

How do I find what JS library is best for my specific needs? Is there like some sort of catalog site which lists all of the JS libraries and what their purpose is so I can search through them for a specific purpose?

webp support

google "Github" + [thing you want to do]

It's still called Ajax; it doesn't matter what API you use to make the web request.

If you're referring to the jQuery function, that's not the definition of Ajax, that's just a wrapper around the XMLHttpRequest object that's built into JavaScript.

Learn what Ajax is:
adaptivepath.org/ideas/ajax-new-approach-web-applications/

Hmm.

Coding idea: write up a directory site for JS libraries, with descriptions and download links.

is discord down?

I guess /wdg/ is slower tonight because some of us have girlfriends, huh.

why cant you just answer it fren

>what are time zones
>people are working on projects instead of shitposting like /dpt/
>what is fucking your mother

Exercise, cook dinner, Buy yourself a grand worth of hardware and have sick racing sim action.

var a = [1,2,3];
var b = [1,2,3];
var c = "1,2,3";

a == c; // true
b == c; // true
a == b; // false

Wow, who thought this was a good idea?

Me, I did. Wanna fight about it

var a = [1,2,3],
b = [1,2,3],
c = "1,2,3";

a === c; // false
b === c; // false
d = JSON.stringify(a);
e = JSON.stringify(b);
d == e; // true

I have:
> debian
> apache (loads default it works page)
> laravel instaled var/www/html/myproject/
when i launch laravel public i get pic related.
Tried all kinds of things I have found on internet, none of them worked, what could be the problem here?
How do i troubleshot this? Like where is no such thing as error log in this situation, it just doesn't work.

I still can't decide whether it's autistic or stylish, that they write their docs that way.

Can someone give me a concise explanation of REST API? I've read articles and watched so many videos on that topic that I'm not sure what it is.

From what I've gathered, REST is basically how the client interacts with the server, through HTTP requests from which we can get data in a particular format like JSON which we can then further use to our liking. Is that it?

why is a != b when it is the same thing?

it's comparing the references to 2 different objects.

In comparison, when b and c are compared, b is type coerced to a string, and comparison is done by value, not reference anymore.

it compares references

I'm having problems with PHP 7.2.

Can you help me

The problem is in this code:

if (count($this->getAttribute($this->getAttribute((isset($context["config"]) ? $context["config"] : null), "mod"), "dashboard_links"))) {

In this version, count () null have a error. Look:

count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable.

What I can do to fix that?

Basically the data (like the contents of a database) is represented as a HTTP resource that can be fetched (GET), updated (PUT) and so on. Typically you'd fetch a list of things by doing "GET /items", or refer to a specific item with "VERB /items/123" (to mess with an item with id 123), or something like that, and use JSON payloads.

Personally I find that it works for a while and then becomes a fucking mess as nobody can figure out what verb and path to use for some highly specific remote call that doesn't quite fit C, R, U or D.

don't reinvent the wheel, just browse npm or github

Oh okay, I get it now. Thanks!

Also, I wanted to add, playing with jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/ helped me in understanding this Perhaps someone else might find it useful.

Suggest a wireframing tool that you can run on linux. It has to be free, free as in 'free beer', I don't care if it's free as in freedom. It can also be web based, it don't matter. From my own research the only one that I found is pencil project, I have actually found it a long time ago and have used it already but it has some major flaws so I require a replacement.

It pretty much just means that you send your request for data to a URL instead of something else, and you use traditional HTTP methods like GET and POST to do it.

This sounds really basic and nontrivial, and it is, so don't ask me why REST is such a buzzword.

Don't mind the picture, I found it on google just for this post. I don't do jihad websites.

Depends on what you need in a wireframing tool. I tend to just use inkscape, or react with an element that takes in an image url as a prop + css to position. + from this latter method is you can reuse the wireframe css later.

Thanks, it's quite simple indeed. The issue I had is that most articles and videos would start using some analogies like being in a restaurant with a waiter and a customer and food and so on. Things like that confuse me to no end, just say it for what it is. No need for nonsense storytelling.

your parameter is not an array or object that implements Countable

so convert to it or something

I just want something similar to pencil project(or balsamic mockups may be more familiar to everyone). It allows dragging ready to use set of elements inside a grid also automatically aligning to the grid and or to the other elements. And customizing fonts and font sizes and weights, that's all I need. Inkscape is too much hassle, there is no automatic alignment of elements according to each other and it's overall just harder to use than a simple drag and drop program.

I had no problems running balsamiq on xubuntu. I downloaded the windows version from their site and activated it with a key that you can easily find online.

Did you use wine? I plan to use it for work, I suspect there would be problems with pirated version(of balsamic, not wine).

Yes, I used wine. Well, it's not technically pirated since you download it from the Balsamiq official site and then activate it with a product key. You activate it by just copy-pasting the activation code that you find online, so you're not going to get any malware. It's the same thing many users did with Sublime Text.

>webdevs are such brainlets that they need a food analogy

lmao

I like vue but I'm very bad at it. react seems to be a big money front end framework (seeing >100k job postings for react stuff). angular seems to have become the C# of front end frameworks (1. shitty, 2. smells of microsoft - no offense angular devs)

Should i keep learning vue or switch to react? my main goal is to make a load of money.

what IS seo? does anyone outside google understand it? are SEO companies a scam?

React is pretty neat. Clients know about it so it's easier to sell => more work => more jobs => more likely to get hired

Basically you get better ranking if you have backlinks to your site from sites that already have good ranking.

Also obviously you need to have the keywords that you want to rank for in your page, but you need to do that organically, not just keyword stuffing.

It goes deeper than that though. If you want to learn about SEO, just do a google search for SEO and see what comes up first, because, self-evidently, they must know what they're talking about.

Google also doesn't use page rank anymore, it uses a graph of connected concepts to find out where you are on the echochamber map, and serves you results based on that.

Can you link me some material on that please?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Graph

developers.google.com/knowledge-graph/

ty

Why the fuck is this Regex not matching up? I couldn't make it work so I copy-pasted other peoples and it's still not working.

Google still uses PageRank, or at least they use some solution where backlinks are a big part of ranking criteria. They do have take other factors into consideration (e.g. mobile friendly, quick to load) but backlinks are still necessary and important.

Knowledge Graph is not replacing pagerank, it just adds some shit at the top of the search results that they scrape from Wikipedia or other sites.

are you sure the pattern is right? it doesn't look like it should match the input string

i'm trying to match the entire row, its to match a visa card

Free heroku alternative and a free database host?

Help me.

How should I word this? I'm going to have to remove the "buy me a coffee", because that makes it seem like the money is going directly to me, but I'm just trying to pay for hosting, mostly(of course i'm going to pocket some shekels to hit the bars and what not).

Site is for a niche topic, and the community loves shit like this.

What else can I do to gain shekels?

>If you enjoy our service, please consider donating to us. Servers aren't free :)

You could also include a bitcoin address like pirate bay does .

bump this question

>wireframing tool
wireframe.cc/

there are tons on the web

I know that, I did a google search for two days. Yes, it was my mistake, I forgot to mention it has to have set of web elements like menus, various tags, buttons etc. But I already mentioned that it has to be free, wireframe.cc is not even free.

just got my first job developing a drupal site. im one of few developers, the others being freelancers that they intend to replace with me. im comfortable with php, don't know drupal at all, but i'm learning it right now.

any general tips for a php job? good software to use, etc. i honestly might have a lot of wiggle room because ill be the only in house developer and most are tech illiterate besides the freelancers so if i can prove my worth fast, then i can potentially quickly rise.

bruh break that shit up if you don't know what is going on. why mash all that into one line if you cant even get it to work. this aint python.

WDG's official discord server. Free learning materials (links, books, courses), webdev chat and, now, a jobs board.

discord.gg/wdg

Also, unlimited shitposting.

>What else can I do to gain shekels?
Amazon affiliate links for books or whatever, if applicable to your community's interest.

More like a getInstance thing.
It shouldn't exist, but it was a thing ten years ago, and so you'll see it again and again and again, and you won't have the time or resources to fucking FIX that shit, so you'll just have to learn to live with a bunch of fragile bullshit running in your codebase because 2007 was a weird year.

Unlike say XML which is great for what it's good at, but if you're a front-end guy, you'll see approximately 3% of those use cases. (Need to move a huge amount of data from one place to another, and it isn't tabular? XML is great. Need to send some stuff to a browser? XML is not great.)

Because it's easier for simple documents than SOAP is. Although I'm starting to understand the problems that SOAP tried to solve and why maybe, just maybe, REST isn't the best for everything. WSDL is a piece of shit, but it is better than nothing, which is what rest gives you. SOAP payloads are annoying, but you actually do get rich typing out of it, which is more than you can say for JSON.

It's a bit weird coming to the conclusion that maybe they were on to something, because SOAP allows you to call methods and DO things, whereas REST allows you to CRUD around on a document. I think rest is fine for CRUD + document models, but I think that it is absolute dogshit at doing things that resemble RPC.

Even Java's RMI is better. Then again, Java has a surprising amount of enterprise stuff that Just Works in a boring and predictable way. JMS, JNDI, etc. You just set it up once and you're done. I wish front-end shit could be more like that sometimes. Rewriting all the functioning CSS into SASS because of current year felt fucking stupid. But I guess they gotta log those hours.

Remember to validate the number. Front and backend.

freeformatter.com/credit-card-number-generator-validator.html

I'm using Django and for the life of me, creating a profile page for a user seems so hard when it's seemingly easy in PHP.

Does anyone know how to retrieve a user's username and use it as a parameter in the URL for redirecting the user to their own profile page from the navbar? I followed the tutorial from this guy blog.khophi.co/extending-django-user-model-userprofile-like-a-pro/

Pic related is my current attempt which obviously doesn't work.

Do most employers who hire for node.js have a heavy preference for employees who also know mongodb?

I want to make my grad proyect about building an all brand-new enrollment for my uni, shit's deprecated as fuck (asp net). And I have no idea where to begin with.

I want to know, which web technology should I use?

i would like it to be something that's kinda long term support that will not be outdated the day it's finally implemented and any other advice i would be thankful for it.

I've made an event in angular. the methode gets called but it doesn't emit
something like this
changed() {
console.log('call');// it does this
this.muhEvent.emit('cancer');//it doesn't do this
}

Does anyone know why? I tried googling it but all I get is stuff about inheritancce but I'm not even using a derived class...

How hard is it to become a webshit when you are a normal programmer?
I am coming from doing some MATLAB, c++ stuff. I want to dabble with webdev because of things like webgl and web audio , also because of the number of js packages and such. I also want to learn design, maybe a very simple front-end framework for a portfolio page, like the threejs webpage.
Thoughts ?

not sure how i should feel about this hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

laravel.com/docs/5.6/deployment

www.jqueery.com/

someone pls?

You need to install php man and enable the mod in apache

>tfw gave the boss a month time estimate
>tfw behind schedule
>tfw will have to work 10h/day plus weekends for the next 7 days to make up the time

fuck i really hate giving time estimates, this shit is impossible to guess correctly

job hunting a shit, everyone is looking for unicorns

I want to develop a logo editor on my website with different SVG overlays. What should I use?

pls reponds

A VPS is 5$ a month

You might get away with the limited AWS free-tier bait, but that's about it.

Revise the estimates.

Cute.

In a wagecuck webdev world one does not simply revise timelines.

I will literally either get it done or have to cut corners and get it done but extending the deadline estimate is not an option

Welcome to the wonderful world of corporate webdev

Do junior-dev positions even still exist?

They do but they aren't junior, senior positions are now marketed as junior so they can pay less

Is there some good online tool where i can select color combinations? I just don't like anything i come up with
I want some nice dark color scheme