youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go to goodwill and pick up a casio

Preferably over $600

nice

You pirate Massive.

this
also a minibrute if you can find one

Korg Minilogue that came out recently looks good and is maybe the only polyphonic analog synth in that range.

elaborate on what you need it to do (are you a performer or a midifag?)

in 2012 i found a korg polysix at a goodwill, cost me $130. had to get the battery replaced as it had leaked on the pcb board, only set me back another $120. Sold it a few years later for $600 on craigslist probably to some Sup Forumstant.

Also, Korg MS2000 is pretty good used for ~$400 but is digital. Same architecture as the super-popular MicroKorg, but with more hands-on controls.

Currently a midi fag, i want to upgrade to can actual synth for easier/better recordings

*an

okay then yeah you could go with the minilogue or the boutique range or jdxi by roland. whatever you do avoid the microkorg which is THE memesynth.

Why don't go user for a MIDI controller instead user?
If you're under a budget it could be more useful.

MIDI controller only good if you have a DAW. who has time to learn the ins and out of one of those things?

You don't have to learn the "ins and outs" of a DAW if you just want to play a VST

Please anons, help me. I can't remember the fucking name of a music. It's played on a synth, and has maybe 3 layers. It has a very positive mood. It starts with a simple pattern with 4 notes, then a new layer with a higher pitched tone adds up, with various close notes (very rapidly), with maybe 1.5 second pauses.

my girls - animal collective

but seriously, you just described every synth pop piece ever recorded

I'm sorry if I'm being vague. It has no vocals and it's a short music, I think it has a minute or a minute and a half. It is only these patterns. It's some older shit, and I can't remember who is the author

You can get multiple budget synths for $600. A cheap digital and a cheap analog for a 1-2 punch.

Like a Yamaha TX-81Z (FM synthesis) and a Korg MS-20 Mini or Arturia Mini/Microbrute (analog) will easily be under $600 used.

any percussion?

ju-06

no, just the synth

Sounds kind of like like Plantasia, which is very popular here on Sup Forums. Probably not it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A

the first layer/pattern is identical from those first 5 seconds, but it is way more strong and more 80ish

well, I'm going to sleep, after checking about a hunderd musics on youtube my memory is getting fuzzy. Maybe I have a epiffany while dreaming. Anyway, if I find it, I'll come back and make a thread. thanks for trying!