Can we all just agree that avant-teens are worse than poptimists?

Can we all just agree that avant-teens are worse than poptimists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandelweiser
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he doesn't listen to collections of cyberpunk bangers ready to turn the dancefloor into a fucking warzone

get the fuck off my board faggot

I can't take you seriously ever since I learned you're a Radiohead fan. It's like learning your friend has an 'open relationship' with his significant other.

kek

I listen to TRAP influenced cyberpunk bangers ready to turn the dancefloor into a fucking warzone

>He does not like Radiohead

see what I mean about these avant-teens

>chilling with friends
>put morton feldman's second string quartet
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this silence shit, lmao, put some nirvana"
>get angry at their rockist subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze" - ~Astigmata

look mom i posted it again

>>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
died right there

best post of the day user

still assblasted after all these months eh montie, somebody must have really told you off good
your asshole must be just gaped and raw at this point you little faggot ffs just let it go already

you saw radiohead i say duster
you say grimes i say pale cocoon
you say death grips i say dean blunt
you say neutral milk hotel, I PUNCH YOU IN THE F*CKING FACE

99.8% of people listen to derivative soulless indie garbage, repost if your part of the .2% that listens to GOOD music

99.8% of people listen to derivative soulless indie garbage, repost if your part of the .2% that listens to GOOD music

oh no somebody doesn't like radiohead

Reminder

>worse than poptimists
T R I G G E R E D
R
I
G
G
E
R
E
D

Poptimists:
>Act like dumbasses and listen to Carly Rae Jepsen

Avant-Teens:
>Act like dumbasses and listen to Mr. Bungle

I think you might just be wrong Montie

You do realise you're just as bad as him, right?

avant-teens dont listen to mr bungle

>avant teens don't listen to mr bungle
you've literally never met an avant-teen have you

>whatkindofbaitisthis.jpg

I don't think you know what an avant-teen actually is

Nah I'm not nearly that bad

Damn...

You say Justin Bieber,I say TAKU SUGIMOTO!!!
You say Lady Gaga,I say ANTOINE BEUGER!
You say Taylor Swift,I say SACHIKO M!!
You say 2 Chainz,I say TOSHIMARU NAKAMURA!
You say Lil Wayne,I say MICHAEL PISARO
You say Jonas Brother,I say FUCK YOU!!

92% of teens have turned to pop and hip-hop.If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this message to 5 other videos. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF EAI AND ONKYO DIE!!!!!!

desu you're my favorite trip proge mon

>avant-teens dont listen to mr bungle
Mr. Bungle is entry-level avant teen music

retweeted!

I don't see how Antoine Beuger is related to EAI or Onkyo.

Avant-teens don't like Mr. Bungle at all. They prefer Stockhausen and Varese

just don't overstay your welcome with that trip

holy shit this dude is fucked

I can see his normie ass sponging his shitty opinions from here and trying to pass them off as his own in his social life
montie you're even more disgusting then your fucked up looking gf goddamn

Why do people take screenshots of my private facebook and act like they don't post the exact same things?
It's like you have to be a fucking shut in neet to be considered normal on this website.

Proge man, your info will leak sooner or later. Im not too concerned about it. Your time will come.

what the fuck is avant teen

People don't even know my name lmao, and most don't know of my existence. The closest I've come to that is some guy who thought he may have saw me in a cafe. He didn't respond though so I have no clue how true that is.

Either way I don't go around attention whoring like you do, so my time won't be coming anytime in the near future, Matthew

your confusing mallgoths for avant teens. we dont listen to popular music

what is a mallgoth

>"your time will come"
>tfw montie threatens you
kek

montie, the reason people take screenshots is because you act like a pretentious faggot on facebook, attention whoring your taste like it's new clothes you just bought

>I don't see how Antoine Beuger is related to EAI or Onkyo.
taku sugimoto and tetzui akiyama are two of the main performers on his most popular release, with sugimoto playing almost the entirety of
Sekundenklänge. taku unami also mastered the album. you ignorant fucking idiot.

leave kitter out of this

Holy shit, it's like you don't fucking get the joke and its like you think all my friends don't get music related jokes.
Grow the fuck up, those genres are not "le sooper underground Sup Forums genres" and its very obvious it was a joke due to the fact that I just listed what came to mind first.

It was supposed to be pretentious as fuck. But please, go ahead and post your facebook posts because I literally bet you post stupid shit too. The only thing is you don't have a trip.

Reminder:

>Mallgoths
>Either SO QUIRKY AND RANDOM XDDD music or DARK AND BROODING LIKE MY SOUL
>Japanese Zeuhl, Mr. Bungle, and Whitehouse are among their favorites

>Poseurs
>"Deep" and "obscure" music that they don't really like but pretend to in order to look intelligent; often shit on Sup Forumscore
>This Heat, Coil, Les Rallizes Denudes, and Albert Ayler are their favorites

>Avant-Teen
>Whatever genres are strange and inaccessible, and often turn on releases they previous gave perfect scores to once they get over a certain amount of ratings
>Throat singing, Onkyo, and Lowercase are among their favorites

Yeah, I know many EAI artists do the performance parts of many of his recordings but other than that how exactly is he EAI?

No need to be a jackass

>"i-i-i swear it's just a j-joke"

how new are you? theyre fags who listen to swans, mr bungle, thronning gristle, sun city girls, magma, and other quirky edgelord popular music.

You forgot your trip, Montie

he's right you know...

I am not threatening. He will eventually have his information leaked by someone because people take this place way to seriously. I mean, 99% of my posts are not even pretentious nor music related and yet people cherrypick certain posts and spam them here. Its stupid, and it is breaking the rules considering I never made my facebook account public information to Sup Forums

I don't attention whore
also I don't go by Matthew IRL, so stop droning that.

onkyo, not EAI. beuger's work is closely related to onkyo in extremely obvious ways even though he's not japanese.

your username is extremely cringeworthy btw.

He's also incredibly cringeworthy about it

Next Charles Manson'll say "I don't run a cult"

Maybe IDK post your name on a public account? Fucking idiot.

Can I be both a poptimist, and an avant teen?

Not really though, aside from him having Onkyo artists perform his work on record what else is there?

It's just for the occasion. Usually the username isn't even there.

It was a fucking joke, because why in gods name would I put all those useless genres on a housing form for a college where 95% of the people listen to "whatever is on the Radio lmao" and I already found the person I am rooming with?
I am not backtracking, it's just there is no reason for me to make that post seriously.

Sekundenklänge is LITERALLY the exact same thing taku sugimoto releases and gets tagged as onkyo, PERFORMED BY TAKU SUGIMOTO, but it's just *technically* not onkyo because it's composed and released by a non-japanese person.

onkyo is barely a real genre, but whatever characteristics you want to name about it (use of silence etc), beuger's compositions have them.

stop trying to seem knowledgeable about shit you know literally nothing about.

if you dont like the attention drop the trip and no one would give a fuck about defacing you and digging up your personal life

>"p-p-pretending t-to b-be retard-ded"
It's ok we all know you aren't pretending Matthew.

But I'm not. I'm fucking ask why he's listed alongside Onkyo and EAI artists.
If anything I'm basically saying "I don't know much about this genre, tell me more about it".

Stop being a smug piece of shit

Either way thank you for answering my question

>"I w-w-wasn't saying he shouldn't be. I just w-w-wanted to learn more, thus the resistance to your answer."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandelweiser

= German version of onkyo, with more emphasis on composition (but onkyo artists do not exclusively improvise; even stuff on staple releases like Quartet is composed. that's why it's a blurry thing close to being not real genres and more of scenes, which often cross over.)

If you noticed all my statements were phrased as questions. Except the ones against your cringeworthy attempts to be an edgy pseudo-intellectual shit.

Stop posting anytime

That makes a lot more sense. I guess Bueger technically is "onkyo" then

further reading

>Antoine told me a story that may or may not be symbolic of the way in which Wandelweiser is understood in Japan, especially amongst younger artists. When Manfred, Radu and he visited Tokyo in November of 2007, Antoine received many discs, often without any labeling, from young musicians. One particular musician gave him a few, explaining in each case, which ones were “more Wandelweiser” and “less Wandelweiser.” On one of the “more Wandelweiser” discs, there appeared to be no sound at all.

>As I’ve become acquainted recently with much more of the music made in Japan by experimental musicians from the “onkyo” group and its offshoots, I’ve returned to the thought behind Radu’s comment above many times. Sometimes the concerns, if not the music, seem so similar as if to be almost identical: as if a group of ideas was circulating of which no one was directly conscious – as if they had no real point of origin and were able to place themselves anywhere they could find a “host.”

>In the music of Sachiko M and Toshimaru Nakamura there is (or can be) such an intense stillness. Where does it come from? How available is it to others? In the work of these musicians with Keith Rowe I find an inspiring parallel to some of the music I got to know with my Wandelweiser friends. To be sure, there are many differences: the prevalence of electric over acoustic instruments, the fact that the music is improvised, and the various lineages that the musicians have within their traditions, to name the most obvious. Nonetheless, the stillness, the silence and the serene beauty; the sense of taking your time and trusting your audience to take the time with you; the evolution of the work and the sense that an active exploration is going on; to me these suggest a deeper kinship.

What is your favorite onkyo release

avant-teens hate Mr. Bungle. heavycoffee and neverdenudesz have both called Mr Bungle their least favorite band

probably Off-cells - 60/40

I see. So conceptually and sonically Wandelweiser and Onkyokei are incredibly similar, despite being from opposite sides of the world. That's quite interesting.

Dan Jordan?

certain releases have elements of Onkyo in them but in terms of his ouevre onkyo is a blip and not a defining element, although as stated he is far from disassociated with the scene

Montie and proge mon are the stupidest people on this entire website

Sal is the only chance of saving this place

not him but good shit, such a vibrant and clever release

Proge and Unty are endearingly stupid, though.

Right.
I've only heard A Young Person's Guide, and I sort of could understand the concept behind it, but I didn't really appreciate it. Is there anything more accessible from him?

sal pls

very very good combination of musicians both in terms of diversity and how well they improvised together. when i realized i was hearing takahiro kawaguchi's clocks, i was not expecting it at all (didn't read who was in the group), and it really took it to the next level for me.

This is literally me, guys. Especially the finnegans wake part

Wrong but you're kinda there

Mallgoths listen to ween oingo boingo mr. bungle cardiacs and cheesy dark music like you said with zeuhl

Basically anything that looks TIm Burton-y in my opinions is made for mallgoths

>literally all the tripfags itt

precisely! threw me for a loop in the best way. have you heard 'n' btw? tremendously under-rated I think, one of my preferred releases of the movement

Not him but I liked n
Any other records with that kind of sounds (other than Kawaguchi other albums)?

yes, at first i thought it was a bit homogeneous, but it's so incredibly charming for some reason. definitely underrated.

How delusional you must be to genuinely describe any of those artists as popular.

>make thread complaining about "avant-teens"
>people who unironically listen to onkyo take over the thread
kek

foreign correspondents perhaps? selected poetry with clockwork?
one day it'll get it's due mark my words

What's the fucking point of listening to music if all you're going to do is accessorize it?

Well, he means popular music in the old "art/popular folk" trichotomy that has been debunked countless times.

I'd also say that Swans, Mr. Bungle, and Throbbing Gristle are all pretty well known.

This honestly

don't worry, those people are going to have a crisis eventually later in life when they realize no one gives a fuck.

where do you live, Kansas? North Dakota?

i like how this thread is split into 'avant-teens' having a civil and critical discussion about music they enjoy

and then people fagging it up and complaining about how annoying avant-teens are and projecting their loneliness and crippling insecurities while the avant-teens just do their thing

i hate onkyo and EAI and will never understand them but it's more embarrassing for us than it is them desu senpai

Their own worst critics
Onkyo sounds gay af desu

oh i see you're speaking in buzz words. Criticizing anything for its popularity is one of the most meaningless, ineffective exhibitions of intellectualism

When did mallgoth switch from manson and nightwish to mr. Bungle?

Philadelphia. I'd wager less than 2% of the city's total population has even heard of swans

GILLIE DA KIDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Dem beards tho

What?

Popular music refers to the term "popular culture" as defined in anthropology, as in something that is mass distributed and easily consumed from some sort of modern day luxury a la TV, radio, the internet, etc. Unlike "art music" (I hate that term), it is typically created in the mind of an artist and played without writing it, and the complexity varies, while "art music" has a greater focus on how the music looks on paper as opposed to how it actually sounds. Folk music is passed on by oral tradition similar to how folk religious are passed down, but that is changing, as we now have technology that makes the oral tradition irrelevant when we can have recordings that let folk cultures still hear the culture of their ancestors as it was made generations later. So, I was saying that by technical definition, even the most obscure harsh noise is technically popular music.

As for those artists being popular, I never said it was a bad thing. I just said they were relatively well known in comparison to most underground artists. I like Swans and TG. I can't really speak for Mr. Bungle, though.

You always regurgitate what you learned in music school as your adopted opinion?

Not him but you have some serious reading problems

youre thinking of goth

>my opinion is based on nothing so im superior
ahahahahahaha

Don't talk shit, you make it sound like anything but people who want to stand out because of their taste.

I don't think it's repeated often enough that teenagers are mentally, educationally and socially subnormal.

"Critical" discussion my ass, no avant-teen knows or cares about theory. Describing (and liking) music because of how many "avant-garde" things were done in it helps nobody. These people listen to free jazz, miss the point and accessorize and brag about it to themselves, their friends and other people.

"Heh, aren't I the shit for downloading this european free jazz album for free (double heh), wasting an hour listening to it, hell, probably using it as background music and telling other people how good it is, and rating it 3.5 stars on RYM because it's ~mediocre~"

Teenagers are already human garbage, but the RYM teens are somehow worse.

As legitimately subhuman as teenagers are they don't hold a candle to young adults, though.

I agree. Every "human" under 25 should be hung from trees.

>ageism