This is an open request for Google

This is an open request for Google.

Smartphones have the possibility to DIRECTLY save lives in active shooter scenarios.
The technology required for this, is slowly evolving on it's own, but we can give that motor a kick-start.

Here me out:

Android devices with gyroscopes can determine the device's exact orientation and angle it is facing, relative to the ground and other Android devices.

Google could team with Shazam's IP to make this capable of saving lives.

If a smartphone registers gunshots, the mic data could allow for a possible triangulation of an active shooter's location.

Once Google Maps has reached a critical point of having schools, hospitals, and other large campuses mapped out, Google could use that incoming data, to provide possible safe escape routes directly to individuals phones.

There are legislative hurdles, liability hurdles, and further technology development is necessary. However, that aside, if the idea could save even just one life, no cost is too high.

If multiple devices are near the gunshots, they can determine these factors even better. I would imagine Shazam's IP could help isolate and determine, against possible echo sources, combined with data from multiple devices, the TRUE direction of the shooter CAN be determined, avoiding gunshot echo confusion, as happened during the Las Vegas shooting.

This is at least mostly viable with these ideas alone... But a step further is possible if Google records the echo and acoustic properties of those areas as well. One dual array mic slapped to the Google camera devices, is all that would be needed to get this echo/audio profile for an area, allowing for even better certainty on the estimated shooter location as well as allowing background audio and noise that is normally present in these areas to be filtered out. (If I can do this myself in Audacity, I KNOW Google can pull that part off.)

Gunshots are VERY loud. You do not hear them every day. -continued-

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Awareness_Office
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That loud decibel burst could be the trigger to initiate the software.

Many people won't want to have their phone get triggered by any random loud noise, so actual acoustic profiles of weapons may need to be matched against, to keep false positives to a minimum.

People wouldn't like the idea of their smartphone always having it's mic listening, so the feature would probably need to be not recording or sending unless an audio source has a high enough decibel sound to trigger it..
(Won't function in single shot situations, but in shootings where many rounds are fired, it could definitely work.)

The info about the caliber and possible weapons in use based on the acoustic profile could be provided to responders.

If the device checks a weapon info database, it could even tell police how many shots the mag can hold of that weapon, so they know when the shooter is reloading, somewhat better.

It could even give an estimate of how many rounds were fired so far and how many may be in the magazine still.

In addition, legislatively, it would hit grey area as a built-in feature, so I propose it be an opt-in.

Most smartphones come pre-loaded with some type of guide about it's security settings.

We could just throw the option in there with the ability to opt in or out.

see
Double twins

Double bubble

Double wins

Double trouble

I summon thee, arise, as you are now an all star.

Arise as you get the show on, get paid.

Yes yes, potentially saving hundreds of lives is a huge deal. However, what are the implications for the privacy and security of base-dwelling neckbearded pedophiles?

Also, if you think that isn't already being done, you must think they are running an organic indoor greenhouse in that big building in New York with no windows... Or an always-nighttime dance club.

Sure thing batman

If your neckbeard pedophile wants, he can opt-out during phone setup.

If your neckbeard pedophile opts-in, then all he has to do is... Never shoot a gun next to his phone. Seems fairly simple to me.

Look dipshit fuckface asshat. DON'T SIDETRACK THE LIFE SAVING IDEA FOR SOME RMS BULLSHIT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO DO THIS.
V
Want to come publicly make that remark to an audience of the parents whose child was just killed today?

If you do, I hope you opted in, when they shoot your stupid ass.

Besides, this type of tech is already being developed by the military ANYWAY.

It will trickle down to the normal population over time, no matter how much 'FREEDOM!' 'Mountain Dew and Cheetos!' '1984! 1984! Big BROTHER!' Fedora ass whining bullshit you spout from your ignorant mouth.

Don't believe me? Read this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Awareness_Office

Sounds retarded, why save normies? If anything we should have more shootings, and the shooters should get better at killing massive amounts of people. Las Vegas dude got it right, why is everyone else so shit at it?

>Bootlickers the post

>phone can't be listening all the time
>has to know the decibel level of the audio source

>know the dB level without listening

????

>Here me out:

Stopped reading, right there.

consider euthanasia for the purpose of making the world a better smarter place
don't give people that want power and control more power and control and especially not for "safety" reasons.

BOTNET

>shootings
Sorry, I don't live in ameritardia.

>get swatted for playing CS:GO

Fuck off with your orwellian nightmares. Your ancestors will be rolling in their graves when everyone cries to the big brother for safety and willingly gives up all rights.

Just stop playing violent video games. They're harmful to children anyways. THINK OF THE LIVES THAT COULD BE SAVED OVER YOUR GAMES.

Yes, it's called passive Piezoelectric PVDF homedawg.

Have a little tiny tuner that will resonate at high decibels, it will slap a PVDF membrane, which will then open a relay for the recording circuit.
^ Functional, non-intrusive

Similar to how police radar guns work, the laser and return values get passed to onboard logic after the return taps a PVDF membrane.

Do you think those hunter's ear plugs that filter high decibel out automatically are actively listening? They make quiet sounds louder, and the filter out gunshots almost completely, and the system for the gunshot protection is mostly passive.

I wrote a blog post about this.

See, this is why I hate poster 64735152

Because this is what it does, it appeals to like the basement dwelling fedora hat fantasy.

You know what would also save lives in active shooter scenarios? Letting ME have a gun in places they're likely to occur!

And letting me play the not-the-murderman parts of EDGE, too.

>using a nail gun with phone in my pocket
>cops show up

Is there a single smartphone that has this feature?

>nail gun
dangerous weapon

OP is a fucking moron. construction noise and noise in fabrication shops can easily reach the same loudness levels as gunshots.

couple that with the fact that this would keep getting hits in nigger areas.

i dont see the point, when a gun goes off somewhere it shouldnt be going off people call the cops anyway
this would just introduce unnecessary police response during target practice, hunting, construction sites, etc

>WAAAAH SAVING LIVES ISNT WORTH THE 0.0000001% INCONVENIENCE
retards

It really isn't.

>t. government

You're a fucking idiot

Why not just ban guns?

How about we just ban guns in schools and hospitals?

I hope you die in a mass shooting. The lives of normies has zero value

>a 1/100 000 000 chance of 1 guy killing 10 people is worse than a 1/1 000 000 chance of 1 guy killing 1 other guy.

>How about we just ban guns in schools and hospitals?
they already are you moron
>implying a CRIMINAL will follow the law

They already are

Also would you two rather be stabbed in the chest 21 times and die a painful slow death or get shot in the face with a gun, but also have the chance to fight off any kind of attacker with your own gun?

>if the idea could save even just one life, no cost is too high.
I was willing to read this up until you said that. This is the kind of bullshit mentality that has ruined my country, Australia.

Any cost that unduly infringes on freedom of the individual to decide for themselves is always too high, no matter the number of potential lives saved.

This. It's no coincidence that the shootouts never happen in places where guns are allowed and always happen as deep into no-guns territory as possible. People DO try attacks in gun-allowed areas, but you basically never hear about them because they get killed instantly by law-abiding citizens.

It's too dependant on environment.

The measured loudness of the shots will change depending on whether you are close to the wall or not. Or if you're near some bushes or not. Supersonic shock of the bullets will also influence it and on top of that - different cartridge loadings fired from different guns with different barrel length will differ in noise. Not even considering the variety of cartridges there are

Why go through all that effort to save normies?

Why do I get the feeling that they wouldn't care?

They will because this will give them more excuse to collect our data, even deeper than they are already doing.

Nah dude just ban white people and guns

I would actually rather be shot than let Google gather this info on me 24/7 for "my safety"

>Americans need this sort of stuff instead of basic respect

>third worlders don't have the basic human right to defend themselves

and nobody has mentioned what impact this will have on battery life

What if you’re at a shooting range?

Shotspotter. Also their stock (SSTI) pops every time there is a mass shooting. Made some money on it after vegas.