Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I just invented a design that will perform cold fusion.

So like, if I just post it here, do you think I would still get credit for the find? Like, I would really appreciate some recognition from the scientific community, although I have no intentions of patenting unless I can patent it for completely free use by anyone. I don't want to profit off of human advancement.

You need to patent it, otherwise another firm could steal your idea and claim it as their own and you'd have a ludicrously tough time proving it

I really wish you were not trolling :(

>patenting unless I can patent it for completely free use by anyone.
thats not how patents work at all. Patents protect your right to practice and produce the thing you're patenting

Just remember, many genius inventors die before they're famous, and credit gets taken by the businessman who makes it costumer/small business accessible

This, No one gives a fuck who invented the car, everyone cars about the guy who brought cars into everyones household and revolutionized the industrial production of said cars

Yeah m8, I'm saying, I own it 100% and then I openly allow anyone to do it. no license

I wouldn't sue a fly

Not trolling, I've been drafting ideas for this since 2006.

I'm not Stephen Hawking, but I set out on a journey 11 years ago, and I believe that I too can be splendid physicist.

11 years worth of thought and development on this, by one man, could be viewed as 1 year worth by 11 people.

1 year worth by 11 people who are all equally intelligent and are able to agree with no academic, private, public, or influenced pushback to prioritize grants or stupid state educational requirements.

In addition, I read entire research publishings.
I went to libraries at well known universities, just to get a hard copy of rare technological and mathematical books from the past. I wanted to get into the mind of men like Boole, DeMorgan, Neumann, Bohr, Bell, Einstein.

I go to sleep every night listening to speakers like Michio Kaku, Tegmark, Filipenko, Mainzer, Neil Tyson.

I have seen every documentary about every spacial phenomena that we are currently aware of.

I even dabbled in studying compelling paranormal occurrences and anomalous sightings.

No joke, I'm working hard, learning hard, and my passion for advancing humanity is burning hard.

Then you can't have a patent. A patent is specifically for the protection of your right to practice and produce. If you have a patent you CANNOT allow other people to infringe on that patent even if you say so, otherwise you lose your patent and all the money spent and literature you wrote to get a patent is all wasted. The US patent office WILL revoke your patent if you don't defend it.

>cold fusion
you misspelled confusion

You could patent it and just do whatever you want.

Ok, who is in charge of that policy?

I'll let them have the patent. It's cold fusion. That would be worthy of exception under special circumstances.

If that route is a dead end? File the patent with the President listed as the owner, have the President create an executive order which binds that patent so that the US Government takes ownership. It's fucking cold fusion.

Trump would wrecking ball his own wall, to be the president that gave the world cold fusion. He's a major ego head. He would NOT pass that up.

This doesn't sound right. You can license others to produce you products legally.

>Ok, who is in charge of that policy?
US patent law and the US patent office.

>plenty of exceptions
there are no exceptions in this law. You have a patent and you have the sole rights to practice and produce or you don't.

This is the only way, specific licenses allowed, you can't hold a patent on something and give everyone the free rights to practice and produce it. A patent is not some grant of ownership like "you made this, this is yours"

This is what you do

Write a paper on it, then publish it with a reputable publisher. Once peer reviewed and published, its yours for ever

Fine then, the license is 10% of post revenue profit.

I immediately donate all of those license funds to a proper charity.

/done

The patent doesn't defend your profits or what you do with the money jesus christ

>dabbled
No, you're a brainlet who thinks they are smart.

Know what, I'm going to Satoshi Nakamoto this one anyway.

I'm going to give my idea to the world under a pseudonym. The moral of this story is not me. I am not my ideas. They live without me.

You misinterpreted my post haku satan

Do you have a degree? Are you affiliated with any university? All major universities have an IP office that help students/staff/faculty with publishing and protecting their work.

Ok, after giving it more consideration. I am going to give my idea to SpaceX and Elon Musk for free use.

They are one of the few groups with the necessary means to actually construct and utilize this.

My idea doesn't require a big ass particle accelerator or anything like that.

The energy production is so vast, it could probably run a Tesla vehicle for like 100 years+

With as clean as this idea is, energy wise... We could probably stop fucking with oil for energy purposes entirely. (We still need petrol for certain material products, fusion doesn't help lay viable non-petrol asphalt, unfortunately.)

I'm not giving enough detail to figure this out, but Nikola Tesla invented half of this system already.

That man is the real genius. If he hadn't made what he did, there's no way I would have gotten this far.

I'm fairly good friends with a few professors at a few different places.

My diamond in the rough is one of my good buddies that helped me come up with my design (He doesn't know though, I didn't actually tell him what I was building when I consulted with him. He unknowingly helped this along.)

He's a professor at Berkeley, that's probably a good enough connection to go that route...

I'm also friends with a guy in the middle of his PhD in particle physics. He's working with that team that's using germanium and analyzing neutrinos in deep mine shafts.

Stop watching perpetual motion machine videos on youtube they arent realbro

Nothing to do with that garbage, buddy.

Although it's not fruitless. Perpetual motion is probably possible via locality separations, unfortunately, while that wouldn't break thermodynamics... It would refute Bell's Theorem, somewhat.

Luckily, one of those is a law. (The one it doesn't break.) While the other one doesn't have unanimous consensus, thus, still theory.

Tegmark has great publications that concur with that statement on perpetual motion anyway, and is potentially described in one of the four primary multi-verse theories. To some extent, that idea is also accounted for in "M" theory.

If TRUE:
>get a patent lawyer on that shit
>then submit it for peer review
>then sell RIGHTS TO Use (and credit you) to power companies THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!
If you sell the patent to the highest bidder I'LL GUARANTEE YOU they will sit on it or even destroy it. They will not rebuild their whole infrastructure for safer shit. Too many shills.

I'm helping some scientists develop a medical *****(no details sorry) and let me tell you big Corp and patents are REALLY fucked up. I've got a 2page list of people that would make me forever rich just to shut down this research. FUCK THEM.

If you are really serious help the world and if they try to buy you just make that shit public.

you are talking about the greatest scientific discovery in history and you plan to give it to Elon Musk? Nice way to lose all credibility
If i see something like this in the news in the next days I will suck your dick.

You must be over 18 to post on this site

1. Write down your idea as well as your intentions to distribute it to another party for whatever purposes you want

2. Go to the post office and have the mail certified and sent to yourself

3. Do whatever you want. You now have a federally timestamped unopened package that proves you had the idea first. Who gives a shit what the courts decide, public opinion will 100% be on your side if big business tries to fuck you

I swear if you're lying and trolling i'll find you and kill you I want this so bad

Kek no you didn't

Here's a quick way to tell if someone is lying or deluded about cold fusion: If they don't have radiation poisoning they didn't do any fusion.

i have a design too

i'm going to need a microscopic black hole and 10^97 tons of hydrogen

dude your going to get fucking killed either what way you do, just do your own shit with it. Dont tell anyone people who have had free energy ideas have been killed and noone gave a shit not even the media reported anything.

Again on the matter of patents. When you make that knowledge public it is considered state of the art and no one can patent it anymore. I think that's what you want

Use the GPL license.

>implying cold fusion can even without a crazy strong gravitational field

I have a design for a new universe. All I need is a machine which can compress 30 grams of matter to the size of the Planck length.

>dabbled
man... i had faith in you for a minute.
you fucked up. delete this thread now.

The funny thing is, even if OP was right (he isn't), he will have a very hard time even getting the right people listening to him. You have no idea how often renown physicist get some drafts about "groundbreaking discoveries" or "refutations" of popular theories.

>doesn't understand the difference between a theory and a law

Y'all niggas postin in a troll thread

Top kek.
This bait is /sci/ though.

>10^97 tons of hydrogen

That's a lot of hydrogen. That's like, 40 orders of magnitude larger than the estimated mass of the observable universe.

Lost me at dabbled

>like, yoinks, skooob, like

You did not because you are a brainlet on Sup Forums like the rest of us.

I think he wants to make a big bang

well then youll have to go next door and borrow some from the unobservable universe retard

Underrated post

Low end estimates place the size of the universe at smaller than the size of the observable universe though. (High end estimates place it at like 1300 orders of magnitude larger)

if you really did, you'll help human advancement the most if you profit off of it.
Imagine the ways you can help humanity with your profits, and consider how your standard of living will increase.
If you dont profit, someone else will

send an email to stallman and ask for advice, he knows his shit. [email protected]

ITT: people mad he didn't take PARANORMAL shit more seriously

Come on now.

Present your design to James Randi and win a million dollars.