Java is the only language they are teaching us in EU college

Java is the only language they are teaching us in EU college.

I am really disappointed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_college
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They taught C in Canada

keks on you im learning c++ in my european country, i dont even believe you're european, nobody refers to his college as an european one, its retarded, do you even go to college?

I had to say EU cos its almost free

going to a free college, good for you and your java

What country do you live in

A friend of mine said he was taught fucking Unity and the JSON™ programming language.

They tought me C/C++/Java/JS/Python in 2.5 years in germany - look for better colleges

EU fag here, they teach us C#

> keks on you im learning c++ in my european country, i dont even believe you're european, nobody refers to his college as an european one, its retarded, do you even go to college?

same thing here, C++ is king

I was taught C/C++/Java/Python/Assembly x86/React/Lisp/Prolog/Matlab/Bash/C#/JQuery,HTML,CSS and Android development in Java or Swift depending on what phone you had.

Also EU country.

>an american tries to roleplay as a 'European'
There is no such fucking thing kek. The countries in Europe are as different as USA and any other country.
Let me put it in ways that you might understand
There are unified customs or way of life in the continent of Europe, unlike the united states of SHART

*there are no
Sorry, English is my 10th language

>College
"College" in europe means glorified trade school.

Should've gone to university instead.

I get Java, Bash, Python, JavaScript, Haskell, C, C++, Prolog

EU fag here, they teach us labview

So, Trinity College is a trade school?
Fucking retard.

Learning a language is easy, you go to college to learn how to learn a language

also, Java is probably the most relevant language to know in the workforce right now.

Git gud
I started in Java, then moved on to C++ then to haskell and verilog (yes, in my compulsory classes)

My college taught me Java, Pascal, Prolog and Visual Basic in the UK.

Because C, C++, HTML, CSS assembly 8086, Java, Java Script and Python are taught in high school :^)

i learn javascript down under in straya university

>Java is the only language they are teaching us in EU college.
For us it was, first year C and second year C++ and one week of Java.
Germany here.

>EU college
Do you guys only have one college or something? Over here in Clapistan my uni taught us Java, but they switched to C++ the year after me. Other schools in the area teach C# or Java. Some schools used to teach Visual Basic but I think they all have moved away from that now.

the fuck is your problem with java you little fuck?

It's an overrated streamlined monstrosity for filthy mouthbreathers .
REAL gentlemen code in MIPS assembler.

You are lucky. Mine was C++, C#, C# and a bit more of C#
I fucking hate C# but I had to install windows and visual memestudio and study that piece of shit for two fucking years.
I really would prefer Java to this.

Tell me captain, if Math is required for computer sciences why can't I find an actual use for them?

>preferring Java over C#
Why? Java is just BadC#.

What is mono you stupid shit.

I started with C++, then C++ with objects, then Java and now I'm gonna get C.
Why?

Nope, our college teached pure C, then oop c++ and Java.

Not necessarily true.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_college
Plus, there are a bunch of higher education institutions that don't give a fuck about the label and just do whatever

Don't go to a shit university maybe?
We were taught C, Java, ASM, Haskell, Prolog, Shell programming, Matlab

Canada. CPA student here. We get taught:

C#, Java, SQL, Javascript/php, OracleSQL/PLSQL

Here they start with F#.

You are objectively wrong.
C# is trash for mobile. C# can only (muh wine fags fuck off) run in windows enviroments.

I am doing the first year and we doing Java, c++, python, assembly, html/css/php, european country, fuck you.

>what is mono
>what is Xamarin

Do yourself a favor and educate yourself.

Go to a uni

Visiting a german Uni. Believe it or not, we learned Haskell/functional programming as our first language/paradigm. Before we become corrupted by oop like our prof always said.
Also had java, js, c, c++, python and php

java was only an introduction to programming at my uni. we were taught c for procedural programming and currently are being taught c++ for oop.

i should also add that we were allowed to use either c or c++ for procedural programming. some tasks involved writing stuff to a file so were were encouraged to implement data bases of some sort but that wasn't mandatory.

I guess I'm fucked

Everyone here knows so much
I know nothing

both are shit but at least Java it's really multiplatform not like that cropped .net core.
a deprecated garbage.

>deprecated garbage
>propietary shit
wow

Nice try anime poster

Stop fucking thinking like this you insufferable faggot.

If you only judge yourself by what other people do or know, you're never going to do anything.

Stand on your own or you'll never stand for yourself at all.

you mean pretend to know much?
yes people around here are good at it

(Tú)

I'm a insecure pussy

Sweden here, we have the basic curriculum in Java and/or Scala (this one is new), then we're exposed to C and assembly a bit in other classes (such as security). Then depending on what you choose for your master you can pick classes in C, C++, Haskell and probably others.

> Because C, C++, HTML, CSS assembly 8086, Java, Java Script and Python are taught in high school :^)
I was taught C, HTML, CSS, Java, JavaScript and asm 8086 in HS.
Unfortunately Pascal and Delphi too.

Agreed. Everything you could possibly need to program, you can program with print statements. Logic is for gaylords.

So what? You do know you don't go to college to learn a programming language and syntax, don't you?

...Right?

It's worse for me. A ton of professors have forced allman notation on me.

3rd world subhuman here
In uni I learnt C, C++, Java and python, then we were given free will to choose language to complete several projects
Me and my team stick to C and Java, sadly we are bunch of brainlets that still cant see difference between languages aside from syntax

My degree only does Java and Python, but I'm only doing it because I literally get paid to go there (apprenticeship)

>the absolute city-state of Europistan

>mathLab

pretty sure it's matlab
anyways, language is a shit, wish we would've used Mathematica instead

You want to learn HTML instead?

Why?

It can literally do anything and the JVM is amazing.

If I had to pick only one language to use, it would be Java.

You can learn whatever else you want after, but you're in good shape for a starting position.

>What is hot garbage

C and Java in US. And visual basic for some reason -_-

Forgot I just learned MIPS assembly last semester too.

KTH?